Investor Confidence Index to decline in the next 3 months

webfact

BANGKOK, 9 June 2015, (NNT) - The Federation of Thai Capital Organizations (FETCO) revealed that the investor confidence index for the next three months is expected to decrease by 14.7 percent to 88.16, due to the less-than-optimum local economy.

FETCO President Worawan Tharapoom said the index last month stood at 102.72. However, stock-related confidence index has become alarmingly low.

Meanwhile, foreign investor confidence index has recently shown positive signs, thanks to the government’s concrete investment direction.

Ms. Worawan said that a major negative factor affecting the index is the sluggish local economy, while a positive factor is the administration’s investment plan.

She stated the most lucrative industry at the moment is petroleum and chemicals, while the least attractive industry is banking.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-09 footer_n.gif

Confidence among foreign investors soars 30%

Two news articles today with conflicting titles. No wonder no one can get this economy out of its doldrums. Or, should I say, they are smart enough to cover all grounds so they cannot be wrong....either way.

Confidence among foreign investors soars 30%

Two news articles today with conflicting titles. No wonder no one can get this economy out of its doldrums. Or, should I say, they are smart enough to cover all grounds so they cannot be wrong....either way.

Maybe you should try to read again. From the other article.

OVERALL investor confidence for the next three months has declined by 14.17 per cent as the sluggish domestic economy has pulled down domestic sentiment, but foreign investors' confidence has risen by 30.01 per cent

I assume you understand the diiference between domestic and foreign.

Reminds me of part in film "Dewy Cox: Walk Hard" when nurse tells doctor: "Doctor! He needs more blankets and less blankets!"

So if foreign confidence is up 30% that would mean domestic confidence must really be off, as overall confidence (foreign and domestic) is down 14%. How much might that be? Dunno... 50%? Smart rats jumping off sinking ship?

It will not be an easy year for sure. From 2016 onwards should be better.

Where can I find you to read my fortune. Is it tea leaves, tarot cards, or crystal ball. If its the last one yours is broken. Crazy Glue does wonders. After the wheels fall off the wagon this year (you can take that to the bank) 2016 will be irrelevant