Rice dehusker

cooked

We recently got our sack of what was first quality Hom mali rice back, but it is now adulterated with cheap rubbish that apparently was milled at the same time. Or maybe there was dishonest intent.

Has anybody tried one of these small dehuskers like I saw two years ago at about ฿17 000.-? Is there any point in buying one at that price?

My wife described to me how they used to do it and I reckon that a simple machine to replace the human would be easy enough to construct (drop forge kind of thing).

i explored the possibility of buying one for my father in law to use so we would have a supply of brown rice a few years ago so if you do a search you may find the post. If i remember rightly they had good reports and you could mill rice to how you wanted it but they were slow and only did small amounts at a time. The reason we didn't go ahead was because my FIL had a bit of pressure put on him not to challenge the "redshirt" group who contolled the rice milling in the local area by producing brown rice. He folded and i don't blame him and that was the end of my "good idea".

i explored the possibility of buying one for my father in law to use so we would have a supply of brown rice a few years ago so if you do a search you may find the post. If i remember rightly they had good reports and you could mill rice to how you wanted it but they were slow and only did small amounts at a time. The reason we didn't go ahead was because my FIL had a bit of pressure put on him not to challenge the "redshirt" group who contolled the rice milling in the local area by producing brown rice. He folded and i don't blame him and that was the end of my "good idea".

Thanks. I did a search for dehusker before I posted and didn't find anything. Maybe you used the term rice mill?

Archived