Extention visa....

Can some one comfirm for me please. Whilst on a Extention visa which is valid for 12 mths. If by leaving the country (given that you have a re entry permit) and return just prior to the expiry date. Coming back through the airport do you get another 1 yr stamp, thus making it a 2 yr visa. I have heard rumors. Thought i would ask here.

If you have an extension of stay you obtained at an immigration office you only get stamped in to the date the extension ends.

Only a OA visa from an embassy or consulate gives you a new one year permit to stay just before it expires.

An annual extension of stay is not a visa and you would still need to apply for a new extension in the usual way at an immigrations office to be allowed to stay another year. Try to return to Thailand with some time to spare before the extension expires so that you'll have time to get all your documents in order before you go in to immigrations. You can apply up to a month (or in some cases 45 days) before your current extension expires. You lose nothing by doing it a bit early.

As others have said, only if you had a valid non-imm O-A visa and returned before it expired you would be a fresh one year permission to stay.

Edited by Suradit69

If you have an extension of stay you obtained at an immigration office you only get stamped in to the date the extension ends.

Only a OA visa from an embassy or consulate gives you a new one year permit to stay just before it expires.

I have a non o visa. 1 yr extenion based on retirement. Can you get an extra yr stamp when returning to thailand via the airport before expiry date.

I have a non o visa. 1 yr extenion based on retirement. Can you get an extra yr stamp when returning to thailand via the airport before expiry date.

No

You will be stamped to the date that your extensions of stay ends which is also the date your re-entry permit expires.

Difference is the OA verses the Non Immigrant O. (and subsequent one year extension based on retirement)

You and I have the same thing....Non O with one year extension. This is my first time to do this too. I believe, that when my extension ends...I will have to leave the country and do another Non O...and also another extension.

Pretty frustrating...as I am trying to stay here another two years. I used to enjoy leaving..I wish I could just stay..but nothing available for that.

No

You will be stamped to the date that your extensions of stay ends which is also the date your re-entry permit expires.

Thank you for the clarification. Cheers.

You and I have the same thing....Non O with one year extension. This is my first time to do this too. I believe, that when my extension ends...I will have to leave the country and do another Non O...and also another extension.

You do not have to go out for another non-o visa. You just need to apply for another one year extension of stay at immigration.

• Like 1

Difference is the OA verses the Non Immigrant O. (and subsequent one year extension based on retirement)

Pretty frustrating...as I am trying to stay here another two years. I used to enjoy leaving..I wish I could just stay..but nothing available for that.

I have a non o visa which i got from my country, however far as the 12 mth extenion goes i get that done in thailand.

Showing money in the bank your good for another 12 mths.

• Like 1

You do not have to go out for another non-o visa. You just need to apply for another one year extension of stay at immigration.

ok..good. thanks

Another great thread for our "Terminological Monomaniacal Correctionists"...

So I take it, then, that trips every 90 days to Vientiane for a new single-entry non-O "retirement"/"extension" visa are, in your case, the order of the day rather than annual trips to your local immigration office for a new extension of stay??

Edited by OJAS

hi went down to Jontiem today picked up the latest extension requirements for non o marrige visa, tried to upload it but couldnt

On it, it stated that 'a letter of certification issued by the embassy attesting that a person had not registered his marriage prior to marriage '

anybody shed any light on this

hi went down to Jontiem today picked up the latest extension requirements for non o marrige visa, tried to upload it but couldnt

On it, it stated that 'a letter of certification issued by the embassy attesting that a person had not registered his marriage prior to marriage '

What is being asked for is a copy the " affirmation of marital status" which all foreign nationals must obtain from their Embassy before a marriage can be conducted in Thailand.

You have more replies to your other post here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/830798-extension-of-stay/?p=9507559#entry9507559