Phuket police called to Bangkok not suspects in Vard corruption case, says lead investigator

webfact

Yeah nominee shareholders are a grey area but it's also a very common structure.

And the situation wasn't that the law changed and he lost the properties but that someone forged his signature on a sale. That is clearly illegal yet the only person in jail is his ex wife even though others were in on it.

In Thailand it is worthless to fight a case if you don't have a high profile lawyer who can at least make the judge be neutral, some/many of the judges knows what these lawyers/lawyer company can dish out if they don't judge by the law and evidence presented.

Its not hard to find these judges as they work for foreign law firms that has been established here for over 40 years, there is one which is over 100. But again, you need very deep pockets to hire them also. For folks who have no money, you are truly at the mercy of the judge to be fair.

Judges dont work for legal firms. Any association, even with a previous partnership with which they practised, will bar their appointment to the bench.

In Thailand it is worthless to fight a case if you don't have a high profile lawyer who can at least make the judge be neutral, some/many of the judges knows what these lawyers/lawyer company can dish out if they don't judge by the law and evidence presented.

Its not hard to find these judges as they work for foreign law firms that has been established here for over 40 years, there is one which is over 100. But again, you need very deep pockets to hire them also. For folks who have no money, you are truly at the mercy of the judge to be fair.

Judges dont work for legal firms. Any association, even with a previous partnership with which they practised, will bar their appointment to the bench.

Sorry it was a typo, meant to say lawyers...

Sorry does not work like that in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

“It is impossible not to be encouraged by so many young voices supporting us and demanding an end to corruption. While our Government and embassy abandoned us the Thai people have taken us to their hearts. Something we had no right to expect… Thank you.”

What do they expect. An embassy can only give advise about the laws. He should have contacted the embassy before he burned 65 millions. Rule 1, take a lawyer recommended from the embassy for all real-estate transactions.

laugh.png My 'lawyer recommended by the embassy' ended up being engaged to act for my opponent in a serious criminal case I was pursuing them for. You couldn't make this place up blink.png

As it happens the lawyer was recommended by the Consulate I believe. And the police officer that dropped him in the s**t it was the Consulates police advisor. You best re write that rule book.

• 2 months later...

“It is impossible not to be encouraged by so many young voices supporting us and demanding an end to corruption. While our Government and embassy abandoned us the Thai people have taken us to their hearts. Something we had no right to expect… Thank you.”

What do they expect. An embassy can only give advise about the laws. He should have contacted the embassy before he burned 65 millions. Rule 1, take a lawyer recommended from the embassy for all real-estate transactions.

laugh.png My 'lawyer recommended by the embassy' ended up being engaged to act for my opponent in a serious criminal case I was pursuing them for. You couldn't make this place up blink.png

As it happens the lawyer was recommended by the Consulate I believe. And the police officer that dropped him in the s**t it was the Consulates police advisor. You best re write that rule book.

I was taking my reference from the post I was quoting, to wit :

While our Government and embassy abandoned us

Embassy trumps consulate, BTW ermm.gif