IS brings al-Qaeda to brink of collapse - Jihadi Clerics

webfact

ISIL Brings Al-Qaeda to Brink of Collapse – Jihadi Clerics
The Islamic State extremist group has weakened al-Qaeda, draining it of human and financial resources, two of al-Qaeda’s prominent spiritual leaders told the Guardian.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The scholars told the Guardian that al-Qaeda's leader Ayman Zawahiri had been cut off from his commanders and that al-Qaeda could be considered a functional organization any longer.

"[Zawahiri] operates solely based on the allegiance. There is no organisational structure. There is only communication channels and loyalty," jihadi scholar Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi, who is reportedly a close friend to Zawahiri, told the newspaper on Wednesday.

Abu Qatada, a Jordanian preacher, told the Guardian that the Islamic State’s ground advances and extensive propaganda had left Zawahiri "isolated."

Abu Qatada, born Omar Mahmoud Othman, is a Sunni cleric of Jordanian-Palestinian origin. Qatada has been repeatedly accused of having links with al-Qaeda and is under a UN-imposed worldwide embargo.

Full story: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150611/1023211983.html

-- Sputnik News 2015-06-11

The Islamic State extremist group has weakened al-Qaeda, draining it of human and financial resources, two of al-Qaeda’s prominent spiritual leaders told the Guardian.

I don't buy it. Jihadi scholars?

Guys who usually come up with things like "we will fight until the last drop of blood is in our veins" suddenly talking about their organization being doomed?

Pull the other one, it has bells on it.

The same ISIS that "King Putt" called "The JV team"?

Once again, Obama badly bungles ME policy. Just like he has bungled every thing else.

Please, don't vote for empty suits and empty slogans in the future.

Thank You.

The same ISIS that "King Putt" called "The JV team"?

Once again, Obama badly bungles ME policy. Just like he has bungled every thing else.

Please, don't vote for empty suits and empty slogans in the future.

Thank You.

ME policy is a bit of a loose term..........

Well one hopes they will all destroy each other. Will Al Qaeda now target IS for their 'crimes' against Muslims/Islam as they have the Western World?

As a self appointed State (Caliphate) DAESH has more appeal to extremists than Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda in Iraq were shunned by some of the Sunni tribes due to the use of extreme indiscriminate violence to encourage a civil war, now DAESH are exceeding Al Qaeda's cruelties.

Al Qaeda followers & DAESH have been fighting a sub group war for quite some time for control of territory and influence. Al Qaeda are usually the losers as DAESH have superior fire power and war fighting tactics.

For those interested the full text of the Guardian article is at the URL below:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/10/how-isis-crippled-al-qaida

"The reports of [my] death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

Yes. And "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses".

Just don't go soft on the Clerics because they wear glasses, grow longer than usual beard and wear funny clothes.

Inside they are the same blood, bones, meat and 'shiit' like everybody else, except for paying taxes.

AQ is down but not out. The rise of IS is taking the pressure off them and allowing them to rebrad their organisation as the more moderate alternative to IS. Kinda like the jihad you have when your not having a jihad.

AQ is actually making gains in Yemen gaining territory and weaponry as the government and antigovernment forces duke it out, and also making gains in southern Syria as a defender of the population against the more radical IS and the government forces.

The absolute brutality of IS is and will push more and more moderate jihadists toward AQ who have been adjusting their profile over the past year to facilitate this.

"The reports of [my] death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

Yes. And "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses".

Just don't go soft on the Clerics because they wear glasses, grow longer than usual beard and wear funny clothes.

Inside they are the same blood, bones, meat and 'shiit' like everybody else, except for paying taxes.

You got me. Nice post, great reasoning. It actually took me a few minutes reading this... thinking this through, and google search to connect the dots. Brilliant. Thanks.

Let them kill each other as much as possible then go in and finish off the rest.

Get rid of this medieval scourge on the world. They would have everybody back living in mud huts with the selected few exercising absolute power on their personal whims if they could.

I would love to hear their justification on why Allah gave their enemies the technology and smart bombs - and why they have to use weapons made by these same infidels. Or, in the true hypocrisy of religion, they might choose to simply ignore that bit.

"[Zawahiri] operates solely based on the allegiance. There is no organisational structure. There is only communication channels and loyalty," jihadi scholar Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi, who is reportedly a close friend to Zawahiri, told the newspaper on Wednesday. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well nothing new in that - this has always been the case. The term al-Qaeda originally referred to a milatary base used to train young men to fight against the soviets in Afghanistan .

There was never any such international terrorist organization prior to 9/.11. Bin Laden and Zawahiri were not the leaders of such an organization. They had become the focus of a small group pf Muslim militants. But not their commanders.

There is no evidence that Bin Laden used the term al-Qaeda to refer to a group of international terrorist prior to 9/11 . This was term the US , or particularly Bush and Co, gave it.

Beyond this small group Bin Laden and Zawahiri had no formal organization until one was invented for him by the US.

Edited by pattayasnowman

Just drop an Ebola infected dog or cat into their midst and

see them shoot each other until there is no more ISIL or al-Qaeda left. This is a happy story if it is true.

It would be a great day if all of the terrorist groups killed

each other off. Same could be said for other groups like Boko Haram, or

Taliban or other Islamic extremists. Just my 2 cents.