English Premier League Audition

pgardiner

*Cough*

LONDON -- The English Premier League's television rights windfalls may soar over $13 billion once the 2016-19 international sales are completed this year.

One of the world's poorest countries, Burma, where workers earn an average of just £819 a year, has splashed out £25million to buy the rights to show Premier League football on television.

With Burma's current TV contract worth a mere £200,000 over three years, the new deal represents an astonishing 12,400 per cent hike in rights fees.

The deal, involving a pay-TV company called Sky Net, is just one example of the extraordinarily successful way the Premier League have sold their worldwide broadcasting rights for 2013-2016.

Edited by Chicog

Not sure who will get the contract but I'll be watching via 365 Sport ( on line streaming) . It costs a lot less than True Sport or CTH and has much more sport on offer than just the EPL . All the EPL games were shown this past season many of which were in HD

My understanding is that the 2015/16 season is the 3rd and last of CTH's current contract. After that, another round of bidding.

I also use 365Sport: economical and I can watch on my iPad, laptop or any TV with an HDMI input. Pretty consistent HD streaming quality even on my naff True broadband connection.

Not sure who will get the contract but I'll be watching via 365 Sport ( on line streaming) . It costs a lot less than True Sport or CTH and has much more sport on offer than just the EPL . All the EPL games were shown this past season many of which were in HD

Perfect if you support one of the big 4 teams.. If not however you may find that your team isn't shown live and instead you have to wait for a rerun hours after the game has finished..

Also the game can be anything from 2-5 minutes behind real time.. so if you are chatting to friends on a phone app they talk about goals you need to wait a few minutes to see..

Other than that though the price is good and although i am hopefully going back to CTH shortly I would still recommend it..

Scotthai.

Not true. 365 Sporthas all matches- usually 6 on a Saturday, 3 on a Sunday and 1 on a Monday (Tuesday morning) . Slight delay I agree but otherwise live. It also records all the games so you can watch one game 'live' and the remaining matches later if you wish.

It is my understanding that CTH has got the rights for next season. My friend Brian in Samut Prakarn gets all the sport and all of the English tv channels, I am waiting for info as regards this.

I have watchglobal.tv which carries all asian sports channels like CTH plus Sky Sports and BT Sports along with all the American and Canadian sports channels.

My understanding is that the 2015/16 season is the 3rd and last of CTH's current contract. After that, another round of bidding.

I also use 365Sport: economical and I can watch on my iPad, laptop or any TV with an HDMI input. Pretty consistent HD streaming quality even on my naff True broadband connection.

I also have 365sport, i had expat tv before, on an Android box, you can download the file to an SD card and put it in your set top box. go to file manager etc...you know the rest, no wires connecting computers, just click and go, i think its a better quality picture too, my opinion.

I live at Jomtien & get the live EPL games FREE from Vietnam channel F+1 perfect reception. I dont know how its done?i dont ask questions but it really makes my Saturday & Sunday viewing very pleasing

Get it free on what?

Cable? Satellite?

I live at Jomtien & get the live EPL games FREE from Vietnam channel F+1 perfect reception. I dont know how its done?i dont ask questions but it really makes my Saturday & Sunday viewing very pleasing

Get it free on what?

Cable? Satellite?

Just usual Condo cable system.

Get it free on what?

Cable? Satellite?

Just usual Condo cable system.

So paid for somehow then.