how much in bank needed in the uk to bring thai with and baby with uk pasport here for settlement vi

hi , does anyone know how much you need in the bank if you want to bring your baby and thai legal wife into the uk ?

heard its 62 k also heard its 16 k uk pounds that is ? the visa web site very confusing

i cant meet the salary amount but have enough in my uk bank if its not 62 k

cheers jon

You need to prove that you have an income of £18,600 if you want to sponsor your wife for a UK Settlement Visa.

If your child is yours, and thus probably a UK Citizen there is no further financial requirement, if the child is not yours the requirement increases to £22,400.

If you don't meet the financial requirement through earnings you can meet the requirement by using your income and savings in excess of £16,000.

You need to prove that you have an income of £18,600 if you want to sponsor your wife for a UK Settlement Visa.

If your child is yours, and thus probably a UK Citizen there is no further financial requirement, if the child is not yours the requirement increases to £22,400.

If you don't meet the financial requirement through earnings you can meet the requirement by using your income and savings in excess of £16,000.

hi , im confused.com!!! , are you saying you if you dont have a salary of £18-600 which i dont , that you can use your saving over £16-000 which i have in the uk bank , i am self employed and dont have that kind or ernings on paper! but i do have money in the bank

thanks for reply

if you wish to use savings to meet the requirement, and it is for your wife only, then the amount of savings required is 62,5000 GBP.

If your child is not British, then the amount of savings needed is 72,000 GBP.

If you are self-employed, then you cannot combine savings with income to meet the requirement.

If you are self-employed, then basically you must show that your income ( not salary) meets the 18,600 GBP a year threshold. In addition, you will need to show documentation, including your business accounts, SA300 or 302, etc.

If we can assist in any way, then please contact us through our sponsorship ad on this forum. We do a free initial consultation.

Tony M

if you wish to use savings to meet the requirement, and it is for your wife only, then the amount of savings required is 62,5000 GBP.

If your child is not British, then the amount of savings needed is 72,000 GBP.

If you are self-employed, then you cannot combine savings with income to meet the requirement.

If you are self-employed, then basically you must show that your income ( not salary) meets the 18,600 GBP a year threshold. In addition, you will need to show documentation, including your business accounts, SA300 or 302, etc.

If we can assist in any way, then please contact us through our sponsorship ad on this forum. We do a free initial consultation.

Tony M

thanks for all the info cheers