Spain passes Jewish citizenship plan

webfact

A compensation after more than 500 years makes me laugh.But look who is claiming again, always the same people

What compensation?

Right to roam Europa freely. Most people in the world would call that a major win.

Well surely that only comes with gaining Spanish citizenship doesn't it? Hardly something being given to them as compensation but something they have to prove they are entitled to under Spanish law.

Residency in Spain opens the doors throw out the EU.

A compensation after more than 500 years makes me laugh.But look who is claiming again, always the same people
What compensation?
Right to roam Europa freely. Most people in the world would call that a major win.

Well surely that only comes with gaining Spanish citizenship doesn't it? Hardly something being given to them as compensation but something they have to prove they are entitled to under Spanish law.

I already agreed with that so what's your point?
Citizenship still has to be earned and can hardly be called compensation.

What compensation?

Staying in one spot for certain period of time, while learning bit of lingo on benefits. Is that what You call earning?

Enough freeloaders already.If Spanish feel guilt, they should deal with it themselves. Sometimes shit floats upstream.

What compensation?

Staying in one spot for certain period of time, while learning bit of lingo on benefits. Is that what You call earning?

Enough freeloaders already.If Spanish feel guilt, they should deal with it themselves. Sometimes shit floats upstream.

If the requirements are, as the op suggests, similar to the pr/citizenship route then it is not as easy as you suggest.

A friend is going through it now and it will take at least a decade! Minimum of five years pr then at least another 5 to gain citizenship.

No entitlement to benefits during that time.

What compensation?

If the requirements are, as the op suggests, similar to the pr/citizenship route then it is not as easy as you suggest.

A friend is going through it now and it will take at least a decade! Minimum of five years pr then at least another 5 to gain citizenship.

Not true in all EU countries. In northern countries you can get citizenship after 4 years of stay if you pass the verbal test. AND you can be on benefits.

What compensation?

Not true in all EU countries. In northern countries you can get citizenship after 4 years of stay if you pass the verbal test. AND you can be on benefits.

This is about Spanish requirements, nothing to do with that of other countries.

What compensation?

By the way, jews in question will get their citizenship in 5 years in Spain.

Best wishes towards the limited number of people who choose to take Spain up on the invitation. Enough with the mean spirited hostility about this new policy of Spain.

Each sovereign nation has the right to determine their own immigration rules. Whether it be Spain, Israel, Jew free countries like Saudi, or your own country.

Edited by Jingthing

What compensation?

Only if they meet the requirements.

What compensation?

It is not just about the jews in spain! Once they have temporary residency they can move where ever they want in Shengen.

What compensation?

It is not just about the jews in spain! Once they have temporary residency they can move where ever they want in Shengen.

I don't have a problem with that. You seem to so best to agree to disagree and leave it there.

What compensation?

Only if they meet the requirements.

Requirement being to be one of these jews I belief? Spain gives them special treatment (5 not 10)

It's OK for the Judeophobes. I'm sure many more Jews are leaving western Europe (mostly from France) than would be coming on this limited Iberian welcome. Jews are a tiny global minority and this is only about those Jews with strong Iberian ties. Most likely most would stay there anyway with that kind of background. Of course some trendy young Israelis are moving to Berlin ... that's pretty ironic.

Also keep in mind that the vast majority of eligible Jews won't be moving anywhere. They will stay where they are or some will go elsewhere such as Israel or Canada. Just because Spain made the offer doesn't mean large numbers will be coming.

Edited by Jingthing

A compensation after more than 500 years makes me laugh. But look who is claiming again, always the same people

With a call sign 'Deli' you should not let such shiite come out of your mouth.

"The same people" you aren't even fit to talk about are not claiming anything.

Some poster cracked a joke - nothing more, nothing less. The fact that you took the bait and spit out the venom speaks of you only.

It is always a great puzzle to me why some people hate Jews with such vitriol.

As to demands of compensation after 500 years - everybody laughs - and Jews I'm sure are simply roaring collectively.

As far as I know these people have a sense of humour greater than Irish.

Tokenism at its best I'm guessing. Still important symbolism I guess.

How is one supposed to prove 500 years worth of ancestry?

Dude if they speak Ladino that's pretty good proof.

Jing, 500 years is a lot of time. I have a feeling most decendants do not speak a word, so really what evidence can 1 provide? or can anyone Jewish, with Spain alike looks can apply?

I wonder if they have put up some kind of procedure or required documentation

You're wrong. Ladino is still spoken but yes more likely by elders. I'm sure they have guidelines. It is not for just any Jew. Specific background Jews. There is no way that it is based on looks.

Edited by Jingthing

A compensation after more than 500 years makes me laugh. But look who is claiming again, always the same people

With a call sign 'Deli' you should not let such shiite come out of your mouth.

"The same people" you aren't even fit to talk about are not claiming anything.

Some poster cracked a joke - nothing more, nothing less. The fact that you took the bait and spit out the venom speaks of you only.

It is always a great puzzle to me why some people hate Jews with such vitriol.

As to demands of compensation after 500 years - everybody laughs - and Jews I'm sure are simply roaring collectively.

As far as I know these people have a sense of humour greater than Irish.

The passion some people put into their irrational resentment and hostility towards Jews is truly nauseating. In some countries of course it's dangerous to be a Jew thanks to these haters.

The history of the Sephardic Jews is a fascinating study. They are the real biblical Jews; refugees who started coming into Iberia following their expulsion from Roman Judea and the creation of Syria Palaestina in 135 AD. If Obadiah [1:20] is to be believed, some Jews came even earlier than that.

Following the Moorish Conquest in 711 AD the Sephardim enjoyed exceptional prosperity which lasted until the total re-conquest of Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella.

What the current Spanish Government seems to want is a reconciliation with these Sephardic Jews who have historical roots in the country, and the exclusion of opportunistic Ashkenazi Jews descended from Khazars.

You really shouldn't put too much faith in the explanations written during the Nazi era and promoted by anti-semites since then. I did however get a chuckle at your statement "the exclusion of opportunistic Ashkenazi Jews descended from Khazars" it is so blatantly hateful and pathetic. I was expecting to see a little caricature of a shady big nosed chap that Goebbels used to include with his version of the Khazar lie.

Honestly, if the European jews could have not been jews back in the 30's and 40's I reckon they would have gladly taken on the persona of non jews.

I take it then that you are a Zionist and a supporter of Sephardic jews? After all, almost a million of them were expelled or murdered by muslim dominated countries with most of them ending up in Israel. Will you be contributing to a settlement fund for these people as they did lose everything when forced to leave on short notice.

Compensation to 'descendants' seems ludicrous to me, and is wide open to fraud.

Sure thing.

So what "compensation" is being offered?

I might have missed it so do tell.

As far as the Spanish passport offer, the requirements seem rather hard especially for those not fluent in Spanish.