Hundreds of thousands without Thai work papers

geovalin

Charles Parkinson

With less than three weeks left until the deadline, over 300,000 Cambodian migrants registered in Thailand have not completed the verification process necessary to receive work visas, raising the possibility of a repeat of last year’s mass exodus.

According to figures from the Thai Labour Ministry obtained yesterday, out of almost 520,000 registered Cambodian migrants, approximately 98,000 already had all the necessary documentation, while around 107,000 have completed the verification process and now possess work visas valid until March 2016. But almost 314,000 do not have passports and are yet to be verified.

Read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/hundreds-thousands-without-thai-work-papers

Most of last year's mass exodus affected the fishing fleets that lost more than 20% of their workforce.

A repeat of that this year during an even worsening economy will crash the annual GDP below 2.5%.

Government note to self: If you can't improve a flawed process, LEAVE IT ALONE.

What a surprise i lived in Thailand for five year and i think they under estimated the true account. No one will turn them in because they work cheaper and do much better work, me included!

Most of last year's mass exodus affected the fishing fleets that lost more than 20% of their workforce.

A repeat of that this year during an even worsening economy will crash the annual GDP below 2.5%.

Government note to self: If you can't improve a flawed process, LEAVE IT ALONE.

Government is forced to correct the fishing fleets by multi governments. To keep sell there product to other nations they have no choice but to correct the

problem of slave labor. Temporariary inconvieance to a permanient solution!