AMLO seizes 34 million baht more of human trafficking network's assets

webfact

AMLO seizes 34 million baht more of human trafficking network ‘s assets

11-6-2558-12-09-30-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) revealed today that it had seized a further 34 million baht worth of assets belonging to a human trafficking syndicate helmed by Lt Gen Manas Khongpaen bringing the total assets seized so far to more than 109 million baht.

The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) today announced that it has carried out the 4th seizure of assets belonging to the Lt Gen Manas human trafficking syndicate.

A total of sixty eight listed assets owned by Patchuban Ang-chotiphan, Lt Gen Manas Khongpaen, Nattaphat Saengthong, Charnnarong Phromnutch and Haad Thodthing were seized today valued at an estimated 34 million baht.

Investigation into the personal finances of Lt Gen Manas reveals that a number of between 20 -30 million baht transfers have been made to and from his accounts.

Of these, most are mainly comprised of deposits into his accounts by Nattaphat Saengthong otherwise known as ‘Ko Mix’.

Withdrawals from Lt Gen Manas’ accounts were noted but to whom these transfers were made to have yet to be ascertained.

In all, yesterday’s seizure by AMLO brings the entire total of assets seized from Lt Gen Manas’ human trafficking syndicate to more than 109 million baht.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/amlo-seizes-34-million-baht-more-of-human-trafficking-network-s-assets

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-12

Prayut really is a man of action and it is rarely, if ever witnessed at all, that investigating and suspending a military commander or "one of your own" ever happens in Thailand yet we witness it here to the disgruntled dissatisfaction of the bitter and twisted who would rather see Thailand go down the gurgler than see it prosper so they can say "I told you so".

Prayut really is true to his word of eradicating human trafficking in Thailand. It was part of his Phase 1 reform plans I believe.

Having worked in Laos for nearly y 2 years residentially me and the family used to cross the border at Nong Kai every second weekend to fulfil my addiction to King crab which was available at Macro. In the whole time we did these border crossings in the car we were never pulled over for inspection. We could quite literally drive from Thailand to Laos without getting out of the car or showing a passport and we did. Albeit to the other side to get out and walk back to do the immigration checks and stamps in the book. Not once was the vehicle opened up and checked. We could have smuggled millions of yaba tablets across the border and no one would have known.

We went to Vientiane last weekend and we had to park on the Thai side. We had to do immigration checks. We had to stop at the boom gate and have the vehicle inspected. We could only pass when we showed out documents. On the way back the same thing.

Gone are the old days that fostered criminal activity. No more smuggling 30 cartons of smokes across the border or 10 bottles of Penfolds Bin 8 from the shop in no mans land between Laos and Thailand. The bitter and twisted will again have excuses and will do what ever they can to not face the reality that the Junta are cleaning up Thailand and progressing with their reform plan. But the fact of the matter is they are doing a job that the previous government could or would not do. It is amazing what can be achieved when you concentrate your interests on benefiting Thailand and it's people as opposed to benefiting one persons self interests.

Human trafficking suppression has come a long way in a short time and we will be assured it is recognised by the self imposed global boss of everything (USA) when they reduce the Tier rating of Thailand in the future.

Well done Prayut for holding your own military staff accountable. I look forward to this same approach with the RTP.

Edited by djjamie

Throwing one general to the wolves is not the same as 'eradicating human trafficking in Thailand'.

There are a lot more (elite) roaches that will never be held accountable.

You don't need to be a 'global boss of everything' to see that.

I know this amount of money is a drop in the bucket, but when "certain people" ask "how (or why) should Thailand pay for the refugees/illegal boat people" I would suggest that money such as this can be used. And in general, any government/temple/Thai business money could be used, since it is possible that every person in Thailand has benefited from the flow of cash this illegal activity has generated over the years.

Thailand should bow it's head in deep shame that those people, of the elite of Thailand

are connected to such dispeakble act, Thailand should take full responsibility for the horrendous

act of it's criminals and pay restitutions to the affected Rohigyas people...

Thailand should bow it's head in deep shame that those people, of the elite of Thailand

are connected to such dispeakble act, Thailand should take full responsibility for the horrendous

act of it's criminals and pay restitutions to the affected Rohigyas people...

How do you think the elite become the elite? Honest graft?

Throwing one general to the wolves is not the same as 'eradicating human trafficking in Thailand'.

There are a lot more (elite) roaches that will never be held accountable.

You don't need to be a 'global boss of everything' to see that.

"The bitter and twisted will again have excuses and will do what ever they can to not face the reality that the Junta are cleaning up Thailand"

​Thank you for reinforcing my argument. I didn't think it would be so quickly though.

Edited by djjamie

The big chief must have known about the army involvement ages ago and did nothing. It was only the international outrage at the death camps that forced his hand. Same with the fishing slaves. If he claims not to have known he is either incompetent or fibbing. I suspect the latter and he will feel justified as he is now trying to be a politician and we all know they fib a lot.

I agree that this present PM is doing more to clean up Thailand than I have seen in the last 10 years!

I am also glad that the Red and Yellow parties, are being made to behave.

I still see the general bashers in this forum, and honestly wonder if they really prefer the

lady or her big brother to still run Thailand!

Keep up the good work! I hope the country gets even more cleaned up and that the jails

get to house and feed many more of the used to be, rich and greedy people, who used to

be a bunch of somebodys. Now these people are just their greedy selves sitting in a jail, with a big loss of face,

and shame brought to their families!