The world's first penis transplant has reportedly resulted in a pregnancy

webfact

The world's first penis transplant has reportedly resulted in a pregnancy
By Rachel Feltman

WASHINGTON: -- The recipient of the world's first successful penis transplant will soon be a father, according to the South African outlet News24. His surgeons were recently informed that his girlfriend is pregnant.

The surgery took place just six months ago, three years after the 21-year-old had lost his own organ after infection caused by a botched ceremonial circumcision. Stellenbosch University urologist, Prof. Andre van der Merwe, who led the historic surgical team, explained at a March news conference that South Africa has a particular need for such a surgery: Members of the Xhosa ethnic group often practice adult circumcision, and poor sanitation leads to some 250 amputations every year.

To get permission to use the penis that has now facilitated a pregnancy, van der Merwe's team had to fashion a new one out of abdominal skin for the deceased donor to be buried with. One day soon, we may not need donors at all: Last year, researchers reported progress in lab-grown penises built with the recipient's own cells to avoid organ rejection.

Full story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/06/11/the-worlds-first-penis-transplant-has-reportedly-resulted-in-a-pregnancy/

-- The Washington Post 2015-06-12

Can I sell them mine? It's a bit old and wrinkly (well, most of the time), but functions perfectly under the right conditions. Plus it comes pre-circumcised, low mileage, self-lubricating and very obedient. It's not that I don't want it. It's just that, well, it's a little leaky at times.

If I were him, I'd be getting DNA checks real soon.

I really like this article I am glad this poor fellow was not penislized for life. Now if they could only do this operation with one of my fingers. They could maybe insert a tube under my skin to keep the juices flowing. Oh heck that will not work I have had a vasectomy. Well I can always dream can't I?

Confucius he say man who enter a plane sideways is going to Bangcock

I remember a comedian back in the 80' (Mike Reid) telling his audience that Margaret Thatcher was going to Bangkok. then.. "she might as well, she's banned everything else"

I was going to suggest that one day soon potential ladyboys in Thailand will be paying for their boob jobs by donating their penises for transplant.

But then I realised there'd be next to no demand for a Thai penis based on current research that suggests they're the second smallest size in the world. coffee1.gif

"The world's first penis transplant has reportedly resulted in a pregnancy."

Don't get a penis transplant if you don't want to get pregnant, LOL.

What! Does it backfire?

There was a young man from Tashkent

Whose dick was abnormally bent

To save himself trouble

He put it in double

And instead of coming he went

This is great news for Thailand. They might easily become the hub for Designer Coc*s . They could take some of your cells, and grow one in a lab to your specific specifications. The most common question the Doctors would ask clients, is "if we make you one that big, are you willing to have tailor made pants for the rest of your life?"

coffee1.gif