Indonesia waives visa requirements for 45 countries

Bloomin' awful country, It rains every day after 2-00pm. Generally the muslims don't want other religious denominations around. Jakarta is a bottleneck. The roads are impassible. I recommend you give the country a wide berth. Don't go there.

• Like 1

Would not spend $1 in that dump.(been there 4 times business twice,henpecked to go twice) over 10 years ago . would have to give me free ticket & room.still wouldn't go horrible people

Could not agree more.

Bloomin' awful country, It rains every day after 2-00pm. Generally the muslims don't want other religious denominations around. Jakarta is a bottleneck. The roads are impassible. I recommend you give the country a wide berth. Don't go there.

+ 1

+ 1

I take that back because airline staff (both air and ground crews) are generally good or even very good. Especially Garuda staff are excellent and charming people. One thing I did not like though was a co-pilot of a smaller airline who plastered newspapers on his side windows and part of his front windshield to keep the sun out on a long, domestic flight. Nothing untoward happened but I did not like it.

Meanwhile in Thailand: Crackdown on part foreign owned companies, crackdown on foreign retirees, crackdown on foreign investors, crackdown on foreign school kids "pretending" to be cleverer than Thai kids, crackdown on elderly who would like to try Thailand for a whole winter season, crackdown on expat foreigners for not having a work permit while helping tourists at ATM machines, giving them tips on where to dine, tours, etc. or daring to translate for a tourist at a 7Eleven just to help, crackdown on foreigners who look suspicious, crackdown on foreigners who complain about the alcohol sales ban times in a 7Eleven or at Lotus, crackdown on foreigners who take photos of others especially friends on a honeymoon, crackdown on foreigners complaining about paying 10 times the Thai national park prices, crackdown on foreigners comlaining about park rangers not doing their jobs, crackdown on foreigners who have the cheeks to bring their own beach chair and/or umbrella, crackdown on foreigners who eat or drink at the beach, crackdown on foreigners who refuse to tip, crackdown on foreigners who expect service for their money, crackdown on foreigners who insist on stepping off the plane and actually insist on physically visiting the country instead of throwing their valuables and credit cards right from the airplane onto the Thai runway to then "get the f back to their home countries"...

More and more people ask me why Thailand is called the land of smiles, and I answer; "Because they are so happy to see you leave empty handed."

Looks like we'll visit Indo for a change... thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you are on crack the way you wail about all these supposed crackdowns

Don't see Aussie on the list whistling.gif

No, too much money made there, in Bali for example.........

Rather a pain getting it on arrival too, and there was a price increase last year.

Edited by jacko45k

Bali and Lombok are great islands. And I have to say I like these kind of countries with honest people much more. Sure they don't like around like they had a stroke (Thai smile) but if they smile it's most time more real than in Thailand. Thailand should build a large wall around them. They have enough with them self and don't need any other people. Second North Korea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Soutpeel, no Australia not on list, we are close so many Aust go & pay the $35 visa fee, and not only that but Aust in its stupidity gives billions dollars per year to a nation of people who on the whole cant stand Australians.

• Like 1

You t did not read the whole article, we are in the sin bin and have to get a visa butcan do so on arrival. Indonesia is still p...ssed with us because of boats

and Barley 9 executions. They took their bat and ball and went home.

They took their bat and ball and went home.

But will come running back when there's another natural disaster.

No, I'm not an Aussie.

Australians were paying for visas long before the 2 guys were executed, don't know why we give them billions in Aid, they don't have anything I'd want

And I don't know why UK gives aid to Argentina ( among others ).

Probably the same reason

+ 1

Agree, except for Bali and Lombok. Wonderful Hindu people.

• Like 1

It said Australia still needs visa but can buy one on arrival. That is all to do with Australia giving them shit for the execution of the 2 Aussies for drugs.

And for spying on them !

I think you would have to look hard for something to spy on other than possible terrorists on some of the islands. If that's the case, then good on yer Oz.

They are the ones who will suffer if Aussies stop visiting Bali and spending billions of Rupiah daily there. Unfortunately, Hindu Bali has little or no influence on the policies set by Jakarta.

I've witnessed the loud drunken behaviour of many Aussies in Bali, particularly in Sanur, which is offensive the gentle, reserved Balinese. However, the bar owners are more than happy to take the Aussies cash and some places do cater specifically for them. So six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.

I think we're on the outer with the Indos. I wonder if the Ambassador has returned. He was withdrawn after the last round of executions.

Ambassador returned to Indo last week.

Let's face facts here, they hate us and we hate them.

Remember not long ago they were burning our flag in the street?

Edited by krisb

It said Australia still needs visa but can buy one on arrival. That is all to do with Australia giving them shit for the execution of the 2 Aussies for drugs.

And for spying on them !

I think you would have to look hard for something to spy on other than possible terrorists on some of the islands. If that's the case, then good on yer Oz.

Just showing your ignorance, Indo is a G20 country and of strategic importance to Oz. The spying that was covered in the public domain was for phone tapping of some senior Indo politicians, including the phone of the President's wife.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-18/australia-spied-on-indonesian-president-leaked-documents-reveal/5098860

For sure, that's why there are more than 13k Indo students studying in Oz.

+ 1

keep up your nonsense.

The majority on Lombok are Muslim, only 10% - 15% Balinese origin.

Many working in the tourist industry on Bali are Javanese Muslim.

Most of the hotels on Bali are Muslim investments

• Like 1

For sure, that's why there are more than 13k Indo students studying in Oz.

And probably 1 million Australians visit there each year. Doesn't change the facts.

Majority don't like Australians.

+ 1

But you might find that the majority religion in Lombok is Muslim. They used to have some very nasty battles with the Hindus of Bali.

Indo bashing, Muslim bashing, Aussie bashing...it's Sunday for god's sake, praise the lord!!! Is Indo more or less corrupt than Thailand? Not much in it I'd say. I've never felt unwanted, disrespected or unwelcome in Indonesia and I've been to some "very Muslim " parts of the country. On Sumatra I encountered some of the friendliest people. Maybe because I've spent much more time in Thailand that I'm aware I'm often unwanted, disrespected and unwelcome but I choose to ignore it or live with it because it's not ALL like that

• Like 2

it is funny reading this thread. I am an Aussie and head to Bali every couple of years. I am a little frustrated that I do have to pay for my visa on arrival but I can wear it. I'd rather not but it all comes down to politics. Bali is just a small part of Indonesia and that is where the majority of Aussies tend to head to for holidays. I don't think the powers to be in Jakarta really care what happens in Bali, knowing full well if Aussies want to come to Bali badly enough, they will find the extra dollars for the visa. It sucks and we all know why.

There has been a real love hate relationship between these two countries for years. Well before the tsunami disaster. I use to work in the Aussie military and there was issues then, even though we use to train Indonesian troops here in Oz. I was also involved in security details looking after Indonesian VIPs when they travelled to Oz, and some of their stories were quite fascinating regarding the politics that goes on between the two countries. They are our largest neighbour to the north and have always seen to be our biggest threat. The Indonesians know this and basically don't take any crap from Australia.

This won't stop me from going to Bali though, but it would be nice if we were exempt from the visa fee, but I can't see it happening any time soon. The same may also apply to Indonesians visiting Oz, but I'm not sure of that. Storm in a tea cup really considering it is only a few bucks. Cheers.

• Like 2

Meanwhile in Thailand: Crackdown on part foreign owned companies, crackdown on foreign retirees, crackdown on foreign investors, crackdown on foreign school kids "pretending" to be cleverer

than Thai kids, crackdown on elderly who would

like to try Thailand for a whole winter season,

crackdown on expat foreigners for not having a

work permit while helping tourists at ATM .machines, giving them tips on where to dine, .tours, etc. or daring to translate for a tourist at a ..7Eleven just to help, crackdown on foreigners

who look suspicious, crackdown on foreigners

who complain about the alcohol sales ban times

in a 7Eleven or at Lotus, crackdown on foreigners

who take photos of others especially friends on a

honeymoon, crackdown on foreigners

complaining about paying 10 times the Thai .national park prices, crackdown on foreigners

comlaining about park rangers not doing their

jobs, crackdown on foreigners who have the

cheeks to bring their own beach chair and/or

umbrella, crackdown on foreigners who eat or

drink at the beach, crackdown on foreigners who

refuse to tip, crackdown on foreigners who expect

service for their money, crackdown on foreigners

who insist on stepping off the plane and actually

insist on physically visiting the country instead of

throwing their valuables and credit cards right

from the airplane onto the Thai runway to then

"get the f back to their home countries"...

Goodbye

More and more people ask me why Thailand is called the land of smiles, and I answer; "Because they are so happy to see you leave empty handed."

Looks like we'll visit Indo for a change... thumbsup.gif

Quite. I don't think the other posters could really follow your meaning ... biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Dear God, there are some really dozy/dim buggers on TV ain't there ?....glad you understood the comment thumbsup.giflaugh.png

most have the intellect of less than an Isaan bar girl...

Hey I love isaan bar girls, they know I am good looking, well hung, smart and rich.

• Like 1