Adsl Ratio Listing By Service

ozymandious

Hi all,

Is there a web site/ can some one post a list of current user raitos on ADSL packages available in Thailand?

My particular question that affects me.

I current Tel Provider is TT&T my ADSL Package is DLS-LITE TT&T 256/128 (CSLOXINFO)

I know the user ratio is 1:20 on this package (20 people shareing the bandwidth)

at the end of the month i'm moving house and the phoe line in the new house is provided by TOT

The package i'm signing up for is DSL-LITE ADC 2048/512 (CSLOXINFO) does anyone know what the user ratio is?

Is there a list some where out there that tells me how to get the most MB for my Baht?

This is apparently the services available at my new land line number through CSLOXINFO

Service* Monthly Payment Required

DSL-UPC LITE ADC 256/128 690 baht/month

DSL-UPC LITE ADC 512/256 850 baht/month

DSL-UPC LITE ADC 1024/512 1,000 baht/month

DSL-UPC LITE ADC 2048/512 1,500 baht/month

DSL-UPC LITE ADC 4096/512 2,400 baht/month

• 4 weeks later...
I am coming back to chiangmai this month. What do I have to do to get DSL installed in my house. How do I contact TOT or TT&T or others to get this service?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is a Thai language website but if you look on the left side about half way down the page you will see a list of ADSL providers (starts with True, Qnet ...). They are direct links to the providers.

http://www.adslthailand.com/

You have to specify the service. Jasmine (Ji-net) used to list the amount of shared uses in the details of their service right on their web site - they don't anymore. Mine (JI-Compax) was listed at 5 users. Another service was 10.

Peter

I think that really depends on the region.

And the techs at each office know it best. Ji-net in Hua Hin, for example, has a 1:12 ratio. But their office in Bangkok may allow 1:30

Although it might be listed, or the ISP might provide the information, it's not totally relevant, since your speeds will still depend on other things. Things like how well they manage their bandwidth, how abusive their users are (and how they deal or don't deal with abusive users), how good their connection really is, whether they actually are sticking to the official contention ratio, etc. etc.