Making friends in thai village?

Matty64

why would ou want to enlist in one of the most evil forces the world has ever known? the royal navy started off as pirates like francis drake and walter raleigh.it then progressed into slavery and was responsible for the systematic torture,murder and kidnap of millions of Africans.It then helped to cause militarism in the build up to ww1.finally its recently been involved in unjust wars in the falklands,Iraq etc...but youve prob been in school in the UK where history is manipulated to leave out all the truth...sorry but i just dont understand why people join up nowadays in the modern world where we can find the truth if we want to..

Please get some psychiatric help.

Good luck in the RN mate, joined up Jan 88.

Can't comment on learning Thai as it'll be a waste of time imo.

Sneak to a beach & party. You've got a long career in the RN if you want it so party while you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nozzer GANGES 1962 bloody boy entry stokes

I agree with all the advice above, but you should really study Thai, too. People will be very receptive to you speaking because 1) it's how they prefer to communicate, 2) you look like you can speak. People will engage with you in Thai, and that is so important when learning a language.

I don't know what your level is, but if you don't have basics of all the sounds down, review that with a teacher or online. Getting the basics is so important. If you've got the basics, then start learning vocabulary and interacting with people.

Learning a language is a bit of a pain in the ass, but there is tremendous reward if you put the time in. It's not rocket science, lots of dumb folks learn to speak quite well. You just gotta put in the time.

As someone who's had to learn a couple of different languages in the course of a long life, I believe the only way to learn a language is to speak it. There was a language teacher named Earl Stevick, wrote a lot in the '90s, who believed that the only language we actually absorb is language that we need.

If your religion doesn't forbid it, I would recommend going to the temple on Buddha Days. I've always gone with family members, but I believe a young, single man, obviously a stranger, would attract attention. It works a little differently at different temples. In one temple here in Nakhon Sawan as people enter the hall they take the food they've brought for the monks and place it on plates on a stage at the front of the hall. In a small country temple I've gone to, the people get together and place the plates on trays in readiness to be given to the monks. Then a number of monks come in, sit down, there's an exchange of ritual words between the senior monk and an older man in the congregation, the monks chant for a while, and then people bring the trays of food to the monks as an offering. The monks eat, while the people sit around chatting. After the monks have finished they chant again for a while. The abbot or senior monk may give a speech. Then the people take the food that they didn't give the monks and share it in a meal, usually seated in family groups.

OK, sorry for the lengthy description, and details may vary, but there are points in there when people will notice you are alone. Since you say you are (or look like) a luk khrueng, they may expect that you speak Thai. If they believe you only speak English they'll probably be afraid to approach you, If they think you can speak Thai some may approach you and ask if you're OK, if you're with anyone. No guarantee, but I've found that even though I'm obviously not Thai some people will speak to me unless it's clear that I'm with someone. Of course I'm old, so I'm not seen as a possible threat, too. Once they understand that you speak Thai (nit noi) you have an opening.

I'm pretty socially inept. I really don't know how to meet new people. I recommend striving to meet nice older ladies. After they learn you're a nice guy they may help you meet younger attractive girls. Oh, remember to smile a lot.

If you can'tget a girlfriend in Thailand. You are Gay.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtgAiJb05w

I'm not gay.

I just don't want to be in a relationship with someone from a lower class than me and its not easy to meet high class Thai girls.

You say " I just don't want to be in a relationship with someone from a lower class than me and its not easy to meet high class Thai girls." Really? Maybe if your hanging in beer bars its hard but if you were as upper crust as you say you are its not that hard to find upper middle class or even hi-so Thai girls .There are a couple International organizations in Bangkok that meet up a couple times a month for parties with farang business owners and workers as well as hi-so Thai. Maybe next party I'll send you an invite but dress accordingly, no shorts t-shirts.

When the lady smiles at you just walk over to her and introduce yourself ....like ...."Hi, my name is ------ what's yours" Like I always say.... keep it simple... life is only as complicated as you make it.

When you guys say ask them out, it's different in the England because obviously you can pick them up and take them to, for example a restaurant, but in the village what is there to do

If you can tell us where the village is, someone will come up with the word shag in the appropriate, regional dialect.

Make sure that you have a bike though. You will see loads of lads with pooyings hanging off the back, zipping around at all hours of the night and they aren't going to the local chippy either. Once you've broken the ice and they get to know you a little better, you will be zipping around like a local (and most likely she will know where to go too).

When you guys say ask them out, it's different in the England because obviously you can pick them up and take them to, for example a restaurant, but in the village what is there to do

If you can tell us where the village is, someone will come up with the word shag in the appropriate, regional dialect.

Make sure that you have a bike though. You will see loads of lads with pooyings hanging off the back, zipping around at all hours of the night and they aren't going to the local chippy either. Once you've broken the ice and they get to know you a little better, you will be zipping around like a local (and most likely she will know where to go too).

Yeh bud the village is near non bua lamphu, I've got one a bike and that would be the aim hopefully haha

Edited by Matty64

If you can'tget a girlfriend in Thailand. You are Gay.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtgAiJb05w

I'm not gay.

I just don't want to be in a relationship with someone from a lower class than me and its not easy to meet high class Thai girls.

There is many middle class girls around, but you won't find them in bars, try hospitals and schools and government workers, the ones in these kind of jobs are your level, be yourself walk around and smile aand you need to then be able to read whether there is a interaction happening, maybe just a glance or a smile back, then just ask if they would like a coffee.

I know many lonely Thai girls and ladies in good jobs who have dedicated themselves to their education and jobs who would love to meet a nice guy.

buy Lao Khao and lots of Som Tam ..... you'll be the darling of the MooBaan ... good luck laddy ....

As one who has maintained a home in a small Thai village for decades now, I would suggest not just to buy food and drink but to drink the lao khao and eat the som tam with the locals. As one noted anthropologist noted decades ago, Thai whiskey is the social glue that holds traditional Thai society together. About the worst thing that happens when you get too drunk in a Thai village is that you pass out somewhere other than your own home. Your Thai will improve with time so don't give up or get frustrated. You don't need to be fluent, just conversant. And Thai village living is not for everyone. Hopefully there is a larger ex-pat community nearby to visit once a week or so. But to be honest, few stay long in a village that is remote and far from a larger town with some fellow expats nearby.

To quote the OP,

Completely bored , most farlangs are completely bored living in Thailand .

Walk , the lake , read the book , browse the internet ,or the favourite farlang pastime .. Alcho..

What a waste of Gods, gift of life..

Alien cultures , have little in common .

What do they talk about,, with their thai partne/package . ? .social backrounds , political issues , life ambitions .

Hidden agendas , in the name of Love .cheesy.gif

Up To Yahoo, kap wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

Such an attitude towards economic class already places you into a class well below most Thai sex workers I have befriended over the decades. You know, the class without class.

Yeh bud the village is near non bua lamphu, I've got one a bike and that would be the aim hopefully haha

Nongbua Lamphu is a bit of a backwater but like any place in Thailand, socializing will center on where to eat. Not 5-star places (there aren't any) but simple choices for noodles or chicken and rice or red port an rice or somtam. There's 'must eat' places in every provincial backwater and they are cheap. By 'must eat' I mean the place that does the best version of whatever's fancied, be it pad thai or kwetiao.

Also, you are not too far from the 'big smoke' in Meuang Udon Thani, maybe about 50 km? There's songtaews that ply that route if the bike ride over the ridge with 2-up is too much. If you get chatting, suggest popping into Udon on a Saturday as I am pretty sure the girls will want to hang out at Central. Even better would be if the girls are able to go during the week as it's not so busy and traffic is loads easier. Of course being Udon town, there's dozens of 'must eat' experiences.

Football? Most Thai's of either (3) genders supports some sad, blighted EPL team so there's another line of pursuit. I am pretty sure that there's at least one pub with flat screens and Chang signage that screens EPL games in NBL. My experience is that brings lads and lasses out but you need to make sure that the table of lasses you decide to chat up aren't already with the other table of lads whooping up the game. Udon has a half-decent football team as well. Take someone to a home game maybe?

Edited by NanLaew

why would ou want to enlist in one of the most evil forces the world has ever known? the royal navy started off as pirates like francis drake and walter raleigh.it then progressed into slavery and was responsible for the systematic torture,murder and kidnap of millions of Africans.It then helped to cause militarism in the build up to ww1.finally its recently been involved in unjust wars in the falklands,Iraq etc...but youve prob been in school in the UK where history is manipulated to leave out all the truth...sorry but i just dont understand why people join up nowadays in the modern world where we can find the truth if we want to..

What absolute rubbish you post.

The Navy like all the military NEVER start wars but only finish them at great personal costs to themselves.

POLITICIANS the world over start wars with no real thought about casualties on any side service or civilian.

If you don't understand why people join up nowadays, don't worry about it. Nobody will care about you anyway.

There are still plenty of people that do want to join up and I wish them all the good luck in the world. It is a good life with a good career pattern all the way through and it will set you up for a good future.

I did 25 years in the RAF and had a great time and they set me up for 2 careers when I left.

What absolute rubbish you post.

The Navy like all the military NEVER start wars but only finish them at great personal costs to themselves.

POLITICIANS the world over start wars with no real thought about casualties on any side service or civilian.

If you don't understand why people join up nowadays, don't worry about it. Nobody will care about you anyway.

There are still plenty of people that do want to join up and I wish them all the good luck in the world. It is a good life with a good career pattern all the way through and it will set you up for a good future.

I did 25 years in the RAF and had a great time and they set me up for 2 careers when I left.

Here here

Bravo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk