Thailand welcomes 13-millionth tourist at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thailand welcomes 13-millionth tourist at Suvarnabhumi Airport

SAMUT PRAKAN, 13 June 2015 (NNT) - Vu Minh Phuong, a 23-year-old Vietnamese tourist, was warmly welcomed by Thai authorities on her arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport as she was the 13-millionth tourist visiting Thailand this year.

Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul who presided over the welcoming ceremony said that Thailand is running a special campaign to promote low-season tourism during May to September when fewer tourists visit Thailand.

“Every one-millionth tourist will receive special gifts. Miss Vu Minh Phuong who is the 13-millionth visitor will get from Thai Airways International free round-trip tickets for two people. The tickets allow the holders to fly from any country in the world, with Thailand as the destination. The prize include free five-night accommodations for her next trip in Thailand but needs to use it within one year from now,” elaborated Ms.Kobkarn. The campaign is set to run until the end of September 2015,

Ms.Kobkarn was confident that the number of foreign tourists traveling to Thailand in 2015 would reach twenty eight million as expected. Most of the tourists are expected to come from ASEAN countries, China, and Europe respectively.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-13 footer_n.gif

>>“Every one-millionth tourist will receive special gifts. Miss Vu Minh Phuong who is the 13-millionth visitor will get from Thai Airways International free round-trip tickets for two people. The tickets allow the holders to fly from any country in the world, with Thailand as the destination. <<Quote

Maybe I am being too cynical, but how lucky for Thai Airways that the lucky winner was from Vietnam, an hour's flight from Bangkok...............coffee1.gif

Even with a pleasant article, as usual here come the incredibly humourless and totally irrelevant anti-Thai sentiments,

I'm surprised it wasn't a Thai national. Keep it in the family, eh?rolleyes.gif

And the next poster clearly formed an opinion before he got passed the first "comma".

how did they welcome him, beat the sh* t out of him and steal his wallet ?

It was a "she".

If you haven't got anything nice to say, then just keep it to youself.

Even with a pleasant article, as usual here come the incredibly humourless and totally irrelevant anti-Thai sentiments,

I'm surprised it wasn't a Thai national. Keep it in the family, eh?rolleyes.gif

And the next poster clearly formed an opinion before he got passed the first "comma".

how did they welcome him, beat the sh* t out of him and steal his wallet ?

It was a "she".

If you haven't got anything nice to say, then just keep it to youself.

don't be boring

>>“Every one-millionth tourist will receive special gifts. Miss Vu Minh Phuong who is the 13-millionth visitor will get from Thai Airways International free round-trip tickets for two people. The tickets allow the holders to fly from any country in the world, with Thailand as the destination. <<Quote

Maybe I am being too cynical, but how lucky for Thai Airways that the lucky winner was from Vietnam, an hour's flight from Bangkok...............coffee1.gif

My first thought as well but we are probably to hard to think that ... or is it just our experience that tell us it is so ... cheesy.gif

• 1 month later...