Bangkok's Aquarium marine fish market.

progman

If the OP only found 1-2 small places in Chatuchuk, he/she didn't look very hard. There are hundreds of fish shops, with dozens of them being for salt water fish.

In fairness, the place is an unmittigated mess of a maze, and it takes hours of wandering down dark looking dead end hallways to see it all.

I'd have to want something really badly to walk down some of them... But there are a lot of them. And not all in one section.

If the OP only found 1-2 small places in Chatuchuk, he/she didn't look very hard. There are hundreds of fish shops, with dozens of them being for salt water fish.

In fairness, the place is an unmittigated mess of a maze, and it takes hours of wandering down dark looking dead end hallways to see it all.

I'd have to want something really badly to walk down some of them... But there are a lot of them. And not all in one section.

There are lots of shops with fresh water fish and plants and just few shops with marine fish. I was there 1 month ago and found 3 or 4 places. Not more. Thousands of shops with fresh water fish and 3-4 very small shops with salt water fish and corals.
But there are a lot of shops with salt water tank equipment.
They have fish and corals from Soma Bay only - I thinks the fish is caught by divers :)
I am looking for exotic corals.
It is not a problem to buy corals in Berlin or Moscow. Why is it worse in Bangkok?

Yup just walk around the area with the fishtanks and go in every dodgy looking alley. There is so much for sale there and i bet that if you ask around they 'll have much more.

Those shops are open every day.

• 1 year later...