private Thai car in Lao - What is the maximum time allowed?

I would like to spend 2 months in Lao and take my car....but I can't find the "allotted time" maximum anywhere on the LPDR websites.

has anybody had experience of keeping their car in Laos longer than a month?

Can you get and extension?

if it require multiple re-entries, how long in total can your car spend in Laos in one year?

30 days. Maybe you can get an extension in country, I don't know, because I have never needed to spend more than 1 week at a time in the country. Brought my car across all three times I've been there this year on business. Will be going again for a fourth time soon. It may be easier and better to just do a one day "car visa run" back to Thailand and then back into Laos the same day to restart your 30 day stay, especially since you only plan to stay in Laos for 2 months.

I don't think there is any specific maximum that you can keep a Thai car in Laos, especially if you travel in and out of the country on a regular basis to "re-set" the clock. There are many Thai businessman who spend lengthy amounts of time in Laos who effectively live there and keep a Thai car there, and due to regular travel back to Thailand don't have to worry about maximum length of time they can keep their car in Laos as they never exceed the maximum time allowed on each visit.

Another minor concern is with Thai customs, who have this ridiculous rule that you aren't allowed to take a Thai car out for longer than 30 days otherwise you will be fined 1000 Baht for every day over, with a maximum fine amount of 10000 Baht, which would be incurred in just 10 days after the end of the 30 day period. Perhaps if you spoke with Thai customs before leaving, they may approve a longer period away. I would imagine that it may be easier to do this at customs in Khlong Toei, Bangkok, than requesting it at the border. However, I really have no idea as my trips have never been long enough for it to be relevant for me.

same as you, I've been over lots of times but the longest was about 2 weeks -

"It may be easier and better to just do a one day "car visa run"" - this what I was considering - I also hear that an "extension" is possible.

however the Thai thing is news - I knew that there is something like a 6 month overall limit......i've never heard about the 30 day thing are you sure about that??