Good to know when using True iService

Dario

Every evening I read "Today's best Thaivisa topics," because even having capped 69 years, I'm still eager to learn. I still want to learn from others, not from the countless bashers of course and the people who spend all day long on TV criticizing other members.

True has become very popular in Thailand and the company has become very streamlined and professional. But nothing is perfect. Read this:

I'm using True iService to pay the bills of my mobile and tablet. Very convenient and straight forward. Yesterday evening I wanted to add my wife's new smartphone which is also under a True-H contract to my account. Since her contract and mine are different, I can only add her under "Pay for Others." When I put in her phone number, I mistyped one digit but noticed that too late. The erroneous number was already synced with my account. I called up True-H yesterday Saturday early evening and tried to explain in my still poor Thai what had happened. The english speaking staff had already left. The lady said someone would call me on Sunday morning, but nobody called, like so often.

So I called myself and then asked the lady on the other end to delete that wrong number from my account. That wasn't so easily possible she said and could take a few days. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone ( a lot of the time just waiting) and I was then told that I had to send a screenshot of my wife's ID card. I did that and called up the lady to see if she had received my email. She was busy but a young man told me that it had arrived.

He said, it was easy to delete this number by myself. Just scroll down under the number and press the DELETE button. I couldn't find any delete button on my app, but he said, yes there is one. Only about 5 minutes later he told me that I have to use the computer website of True iService, the delete button is only there, not on the iPhone or Android app.

Yes, it was there and I was able to delete that number of a customer who actunally had 4 months of unpaid bills. I then added my wife's correct mobile number, added her under "Pay for Others" and was then able to pay her bill.

I write this post only to caution other True iService users, so they can learn from my mistake and don't have to lose valuable time.

Edited by Dario

Yes, it was there and I was able to delete that number of a customer who actunally had 4 months of unpaid bills.

How much of this other customer's account details were you able to "view"?

How were you able to determine that they had four months of unpaid bills?

I only ask as this seems like it might possibly be a security issue.

Edited by bamnutsak

Only his phone number and unpaid bills.

I don't think this is really a security issue. It would be if I know your phone number and you have a True-H number and you still have no True iService account. Someone who is paying regularly his bills I wouldn't be able to add onto my account under "Pay for Others."

What happened here, was a pure coincidence, where a True-H customer made a contract but never worried to pay his bills to True. For me he is only a phone number but that is all I know.

Edited by Dario

So no name(s), addresses? Just an invoice number and an amount? Or in this case, four separate invoice number and amounts?

Obviously if you were able to click on an individual invoice, and see account details (like a name, address) one might consider this to be a security/privacy 'flaw'.

Is this "Pay for others" a recurring service, or do you have to choose to do it each billing period? And you can only add a "number" which has a current unpaid balance?

So no name(s), addresses? Just an invoice number and an amount? Or in this case, four separate invoice number and amounts?

Obviously if you were able to click on an individual invoice, and see account details (like a name, address) one might consider this to be a security/privacy 'flaw'.

Is this "Pay for others" a recurring service, or do you have to choose to do it each billing period? And you can only add a "number" which has a current unpaid balance?

No, no name address. It's not recurring. You have to go and look up how much you owe. Billings are monthly, at the end of each billing cycle. So you can see amount of each month.

But in my case, I have already deleted that number, I don't want to pay for someone else .,, of course!

And you can only add a "number" which has a current unpaid balance?
Wrong. That would be a security breach. No, only someone who has not yet registered to pay via True iService.
Edited by Dario