Travelling German beggar with swollen leg is now in Metro Manila

webfact

Travelling German beggar with swollen leg is now in Metro Manila
By Coconuts Manila

benjamin-host-german-beggar-in-manila.jp

MANILA: -- You would want to think twice before giving money to party boy and travelling beggar Benjamin Holst, who we hear is now in Metro Manila.

On June 11, Facebook user Ariston Mariano posted a photo (see above) of Holst wearing a purple shirt and brown shorts, looking like he passed out, on Sen Gil Puyat Avenue. He had a styrofoam cup in his right hand.

"Please share," Mariano wrote, imploring his friends, in Tagalog, to help so Holst can go back to his country." It's been shared 833 ties as of this writing.

Holst suffers from macrodystrophia lipomatosa which has left his right leg swollen. He knows it's painful to look at and he has been accused of using his condition to get people to help him out.

He had been pulling the same trick in Thailand where he broke the hearts of his benefactors by using his money to party with bar girls.

Full story: http://manila.coconuts.co/2015/06/14/travelling-german-beggar-swollen-leg-now-metro-manila

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Manila 2015-06-15

Going to share this with all my freinds in the Phillipines, as this guy is becoming a joke now ! Remember when the Thais give him cash and he went to Pattaya and blew it on booze??

is it because he's Caucasian that this is unacceptable or what?

What's wrong with equal rights, that should include begging as well.

Who cares what he does with his money? If you don't like what he does then don't give him anything.

He's a professional beggar, who has no self respect to him self or to others, he's preying on the

goodness of people around him to give him money and kind, he's nothing but a person who

preys on people emotions and hijacking their monies out pity, he's no more than a common swindler....

He knows it's painful to look at and he has been accused of using his condition to get people to help him out.

What would you have the guy do? Work on a Thai fishing boat or work on a Thai rubber farm perhaps?

Give him a break...he is young...he does what young men do when they have a few bucks...

Let's see. I need a county that's filthy rich AND gullible. Where to go? Where to go?

It wouldn't be Thailand or the Philippines for me!

How about Japan?

Edited by Fullstop

I'm thinking. If he was blind rather than being semi crippled ... would the lynch mob here have a different attitude?

Perhaps it's because he's successful at his "gig" and has taken it "on the road"? that has raised people's ire. If he only begged in Germany, sucked at it and never travelled...would that be OK?

Is it only OK to beg if you are a failure at it?

Thinking, thinking....blink.png

Edited by Fullstop

I went through this before. Doesn't really hurt, but looks like hell. 3 weeks of antibiotics. and it is taken care of. I cannot imagine milking this to get money. Fix the damn thing!. Even the government hospitals know how to cure this without a problem.

I went through this before. Doesn't really hurt, but looks like hell. 3 weeks of antibiotics. and it is taken care of. I cannot imagine milking this to get money. Fix the damn thing!. Even the government hospitals know how to cure this without a problem.

No you didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrodystrophia_lipomatosa

Macrodystrophia lipomatosis is a rare, congenital form of localized gigantism of fingers or toes. Almost always unilateral and can involve both the upper extremities (usually in the distribution of the median nerve with the index and middle fingers most commonly involved) and in the lower extremities (usually in the distribution of the plantar nerves). Predominantly fibroadipose tissue produced in association with arteriovenous fistulas or localized hyperplastic vascular and lymphatic elements. Can be associated with neurofibromatosis type I or Klippel Trenaunay syndrome. Radiographically, it appears as hypertrophy of soft tissues and bones. The pathologic findings are infiltration and hypertrophy of adipose tissue in subcutaneous tissue, nerve sheaths, and periosteum. Macrodystrophia lipomatosa is usually diagnosed at birth or during the neonatal period.

Uncurable.

stop talking through your arse. I'm a doctor and I know what it is and feels like.

enough said.

Who cares what he does with his money? If you don't like what he does then don't give him anything.

Are you brain dead ? You are totally missing the point, lay off the juice.

That's right. if he was not white, this story would be very different.

He's left thailand, like everyone wanted.

Now leave him alone.

I wonder how Airlines let this guy board the aircraft with his swollen legs???

He probably plays the disability card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he plays the disabled card ? maybe it is because he is...!!! must be feeling like hell to have a swollen leg like that....

Just give the guy a brake and let him live he's life the way he wants in the possibilities offered to him....

He's bothering nobody....and certainly not me....

Edited by off road pat

I never expected So much hate ,...towards this one disabled guy on Thai Visa....I guess it's rain season and they have nothing ells to do....?!!

just wonder how many of the so self righteous people on TV give to Thai beggars all over Thailand and spend much of their hard earned cash on bar girls thinking that the girls love them, but guess what most of them wont admit it hey, but they'll spout crap on TV about what a dirty German conman this guy is, IT BEGGARS BELIEF......But wey hey it TV lol...The guy aint robbing banks but is taking what people give to him, I don't see no crime in that, after all we are all suckers in some way or another......

Edited by MB1

I never expected So much hate ,...towards this one disabled guy on Thai Visa....I guess it's rain season and they have nothing ells to do....?!!

It could have something to do with him slagging off the Thais, calling them stupid when they felt sorry for him and give him what little money some of them have !

As long as philipino and na's don't think that all foreigners come and enjoy their country this way its ok with me.

oh and even in case they all think all foreigners are like this creature its fine with me.

As long as he doesn;t ruin my life....tjuss