could I do this?

Hello TV,

I was in Thailand for the last 2 months, I didnt apply for a visa before I arrived, I went in and extended my 30 day to 60 days.

I'm currently out of Thailand, about to apply for a double entry 60 day tourist visa from South Africa

(I hold 2 passports, South African and Portuguese)

If planned right, my 180 days (if both 60 days are extended to 90) will end around the 2nd week of December
I have been invited to the phlipines where I believe the visa process is painful in Cebu but Ineed to be in Thailand at the end of December as I am getting visitors coming over for a few weeks before we all return to south africa so I can apply for another visa

I am wondering if the following is possible

Apply for a double entry 60 day entended to 90 x 2 = 180 days, at the end of my visa, go to Philipines for a week then fly back in to Thailand without a visa (I'l get only 30 days) at the end of my 30 days (mid January) return to South Africa to apply for another double?

Is this at all possible?

Many thanks

I doubt there would be a problem with the visa exempt entry at the end of December as long as you already have a confirmed flight leaving Thailand within 30 days.

Some embassies might balk at giving the second double entry visa. I have no idea if South Africa would be difficult. Otherwise, everything looks good.

Edited by BritTim

I doubt there would be a problem with the visa exempt entry at the end of December as long as you already have a confirmed flight leaving Thailand within 30 days.

Some embassies might balk at giving the second double entry visa. I have no idea if South Africa would be difficult. Otherwise, everything looks good.

shit so how do people stay longer if having a 2nd double entry is an issue?

shit so how do people stay longer if having a 2nd double entry is an issue?

You should not have a problem getting another visa.

Other than Paris I don't recall any reports of embassies refusing a 2nd visa,

All the nearby locations will do a 2nd visa without a problem.

I didnt know that you could apply for a 3 back to back which may actually be an aswer if I can get it from South Africa

Not sure if you're interpreting "3 back to back" to mean a 3 entry tourist visa. "3 back to back" would mean getting visas three different times, one after the other.

Do you really want to fly to and from South Africa 3 times for double entry visas? The suggestion was that you could travel from Thailand to Laos for double entry tourist visas.

Unless you have plans to go to South Africa and the Philippines for other reasons that frequently, wouldn't it be simpler/cheaper to get at least one or two of them by just doing a quick trip in and out of Thailand for a few days far closer to Thailand?

Edited by Suradit69

I didnt know that you could apply for a 3 back to back which may actually be an aswer if I can get it from South Africa

Not sure if you're interpreting "3 back to back" to mean a 3 entry tourist visa. "3 back to back" would mean getting visas three different times, one after the other.

Do you really want to fly to and from South Africa 3 times for double entry visas? The suggestion was that you could travel from Thailand to Laos for double entry tourist visas.

Unless you have plans to go to South Africa and the Philippines for other reasons that frequently, wouldn't it be simpler/cheaper to get at least one or two of them by just doing a quick trip in and out of Thailand for a few days far closer to Thailand?

gotcha, I understand now - well my family live in South Africa and I have to return in 6 months time anyway to sort out some stuff so its fine, future trips back to Thailand I can do the visas in laos.