Looking for some items...

Oscar2

has anyone seen the following?:

1. moth cakes or moth balls. tried Big C and Tesco, no luck. C.M. Plastics had no idea what I was talking about even in Thai.

2. those fake candles that look real. they are made of wax covered plastic and run on D batteries and flicker just like a real candle. looks awesome. saw them in Chiang Dao - 639 THB each. there are a number of them on-line from sellers in BKK, but most are the poor quality ones. all are made in China but there are two grades. looking for the better ones with the wax outside.

thanks!

post-145128-0-70500900-1434434828_thumb.

http://www.lazada.co.th/giftshopdesign-led-premium1063-435233.html

Product Details

Giftshopdesign series LED candle sets with remote control models premium1063 - white

houses
made ​​of wax candle wax actually white. Interior LED lighting candles really like this color changing 12 colors, which can be controlled with the remote. Whether they want to change the color and so on. Or open only the desired color And a timer - off. And hit open - close by AAA 3 Battery pack.

990bht

I should mention that moth balls are not good for your health in a confined space.

Safest spray is pyrethrum, good (bad actually) for most bugs, made in Thailand from natural products and not a by-product of a WWII nerve gas.

I zap the cupboards and around the bedroom, and no problems. It's called KAYARI. Sold in TOPS and others.

Moth balls: Every weekly market. Ask for "Luuk men" (stinky balls). But be careful: They contain naphtalene > http://www.epa.gov/ttnatw01/hlthef/naphthal.html.

thanks for that. i've imported some 100 year old Chinese silk and linens that were stored in cedar chests, and remnants and packages of moth cakes were in there (1951 date). everything was in perfect condition for its age. i don't want to lose the stuff now. i tend to see a lot of moths around here. i'm going to put the moth balls in the cedar chests and not open them very often. but that's good to know about this chemical.

Archived