More details from developer about 20 year Thai visa/condo deal

webfact

I so tire of these "in my country" comparisons without any details. What are we comparing to?

here is one for you, so you get the idea...

For the same money I can buy 50 square kilometers of Dearth Valley in the USA.

See how silly this is?

Euope is a big place .. now tell us you can get the same condo on the Mediterranean, walking distance to beach ... for that .. and you have our full attention.

Sorry to break it for you, but in Spain which is on the Mediterranean, you can have a 100m² for that price smile.png

And if you know anything about property in Spain you'll know the reason why, and it's not a good reason.

And if you know anything about situation in Thailand, then you know they are not immune for a similar scenario, in fact I think they're heading right into it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never seem to stop promoting the visa Gerry?

I will repeat myself like a broken record.

Would Warren Buffet consider this visa a good value? Would Warren Buffet buy a condo in Thailand?

There is a difference between rich and stupid.

"Would Warren Buffet consider this visa a good value? Would Warren Buffet buy a condo in Thailand?"

Well, what's the answer to your 2 questions then? I mean the answer, not your useless speculation about what you think Buffett may or may not do.

"There is a difference between rich and stupid."

Isn't there just? Buffett is an investor and "buffet" describes a method of serving food.

I so tire of these "in my country" comparisons without any details. What are we comparing to?

See how silly this is?

Euope is a big place .. now tell us you can get the same condo on the Mediterranean, walking distance to beach ... for that .. and you have our full attention.

Sorry to break it for you, but in Spain which is on the Mediterranean, you can have a 100m² for that price smile.png

And if you know anything about property in Spain you'll know the reason why, and it's not a good reason.

Is it because "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" ? Does that make condos by the sea not worth living in ?

I'm sure there are plenty of condos here that one might want to stay away from as well, not to mention some "villages" and certain sois. (Then again, for years I thought there wasn't anything on the "dark side" except maybe some bamboo huts, rice paddies and the odd buffalo ! I was shocked to discover that they had roads and all these little "villages" and even electricity and running water ! Shocked !)

See how silly this is?

And if you know anything about situation in Thailand, then you know they are not immune for a similar scenario, in fact I think they're heading right into it.

So if the situation in Thailand and Spain (where these great bargains can apparently be had) is so similar why would you appear to be promoting Spanish property over Thai property?

So if the situation in Thailand and Spain (where these great bargains can apparently be had) is so similar why would you appear to be promoting Spanish property over Thai property?

I'm not promoting anything, but even an idiot would know the answer to that question.

Is it because "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" ? Does that make condos by the sea not worth living in ?

I'm sure there are plenty of condos here that one might want to stay away from as well, not to mention some "villages" and certain sois. (Then again, for years I thought there wasn't anything on the "dark side" except maybe some bamboo huts, rice paddies and the odd buffalo ! I was shocked to discover that they had roads and all these little "villages" and even electricity and running water ! Shocked !)

"Is it because "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" ?"

Of course it is, Kerry, of course it is...

Just a play of word and i did not read that the Thai government approved this. Only corrupt people would have to buy condo for visa. I bought house in Thailand so why did i not get a 20 year Thai visa

house deal. Just when i thought Thailand is getting better with new PM. Letting Chinese tourist agents work without working papers and now this. One question is Thailand getting desperate for income. I paid more more for my house so i should receive the same benefits!

The government owns TE which approved the arrangement, Nobb.

You didn't get TE visa because the builder of your house didn't have an arrangement with TE, Nobb.

Chinese are not being allowed to work "without working papers", Nobb.

Maybe if your house is in your name you should approach TE, they may make an exception for you, Nobb.

Overall, Nobb, oh nothing...never mind.

I'm not promoting anything, but even an idiot would know the answer to that question.

You know the answer then?

To quote a couple of your comments...

"In my country in Europe, where build materials, build quality and labor costs are a multiple from Thailand, I can buy a 30m² apartment for that price. So these condos are WAY overpriced."

"...in Spain which is on the Mediterranean, you can have a 100m² for that price"

If that's not promoting Spanish property over Thai property in the context of this thread, I don't know what is.

Just a play of word and i did not read that the Thai government approved this. Only corrupt people would have to buy condo for visa. I bought house in Thailand so why did i not get a 20 year Thai visa

house deal. Just when i thought Thailand is getting better with new PM. Letting Chinese tourist agents work without working papers and now this. One question is Thailand getting desperate for income. I paid more more for my house so i should receive the same benefits!

The government owns TE which approved the arrangement, Nobb.

You didn't get TE visa because the builder of your house didn't have an arrangement with TE, Nobb.

Chinese are not being allowed to work "without working papers", Nobb.

Maybe if your house is in your name you should approach TE, they may make an exception for you, Nobb.

Overall, Nobb, oh nothing...never mind.

Quite facetious in your replies there huh?

But nothing really objective to add, in that most people posting here see this for what it is, a marketing ploy on a project that pretty much looks like it's in severe financial crisis, and a bid for not so cautious people to lose their hard earned savings.

Would Warren Buffet consider this visa a good value? Would Warren Buffet buy a condo in Thailand?

"Would Warren Buffet consider this visa a good value? Would Warren Buffet buy a condo in Thailand?"

Well, what's the answer to your 2 questions then? I mean the answer, not your useless speculation about what you think Buffett may or may not do.

Isn't there just? Buffett is an investor and "buffet" describes a method of serving food.

May I jump in?

Not sure what Warren Buffet would do, but what I know is that he (and countless other people) would never want to queue at immigration. So, after all, he may like the Thailand Elite visa :)

And for the highly reasonable price of 2,000,000 (baht), it must seem to him like less than 1/100th of the most microscopic part of a peanut. Not even worth to mention.

The PE visa is priceless anyway.

And to come back to the condo story, I never bought a condo in Thailand, so I guess I belong to the smart ones, right?

Strange, some here seem to think otherwise. For the only reason that I am a Thailand Elite member. That's a bit contradictory.

Well, I was smart to get a Thailand Elite card 12 years ago, that's for sure :)

All these endless arguments are rather entertaining.

So, did anybody buy one of these condos and got a full Thailand Elite membership at the same time?

I am curious to know ;)

Edited by gerry1011

WB would get investor extensions at 1900b/pop/year. Which, in this case, is relevant because the limit is what, 10M baht? So if you buy a real luxury condo and not one of these doghouses, you ought to be set.

You know the answer then?

To quote a couple of your comments...

"In my country in Europe, where build materials, build quality and labor costs are a multiple from Thailand, I can buy a 30m² apartment for that price. So these condos are WAY overpriced."

"...in Spain which is on the Mediterranean, you can have a 100m² for that price"

If that's not promoting Spanish property over Thai property in the context of this thread, I don't know what is.

My country isn't Spain, I quoted a price for a property in Spain because another poster asked for it, and you were so nice to take my post out of it's context.

Which is against forum rules by the way, and you should know that spoonman.

May I jump in?

Not sure what Warren Buffet would do, but what I know is that he (and countless other people) would never want to queue at immigration. So, after all, he may like the Thailand Elite visa smile.png

And for the highly reasonable price of 2,000,000 (baht), it must seem to him like less than 1/100th of the most microscopic part of a peanut. Not even worth to mention.

And to come back to the condo story, I never bought a condo in Thailand, so I guess I belong to the smart ones, right?

Strange, some here seem to think otherwise. For the only reason that I am a Thailand Elite member. That's a bit contradictory.

Well, I was smart to get a Thailand Elite card 12 years ago, that's for sure smile.png

So, did anybody buy one of these condos and got a full Thailand Elite membership at the same time?

I am curious to know wink.png

May I also jump in?

Warren Buffett would not need to queue at immigration, because at his age he could get an extension based on retirement for a whopping 1900 Baht a year, and he wouldn't even have the inconvenience to leave his place to make 90 day reports, like all those Elite card holders, because he could do it online.

And for his extensions once a year, he could just engage an agent, similar as the Elite card holders do. Only I think his agent wouldn't charge him 100.000 Baht a year to do that.

Now to remind you again, this thread is NOT about the elite visa. You already have your numerous threads to promote Thailand Elite where you report all posts that aren't to your liking, so please stay on topic.

This thread is about a developer in bad papers who tries to lure customers to pay 1.000.000 Baht within 15 days after signing the contract for a dog cage 30m² studio, who then have to wait for the construction to finish ( if it ever finish taken in account the dubious reputation of Mr Cornick in Thailand) for then have the Elite card company to consider the approval.

And going from Kerry's post, it seems that the program Mr Cornick offers isn't even approved by Thailand Elite, so we all know what the consideration from Thailand Elite will be several years after the "victims" got separated from their hard earned savings.

Edited by Anthony5

WB would get investor extensions at 1900b/pop/year. Which, in this case, is relevant because the limit is what, 10M baht? So if you buy a real luxury condo and not one of these doghouses, you ought to be set.

I can already imagine Warren Buffet standing in line to get his "investor extension".

He would have plenty of time to discuss with fellow "investors" waiting in line, and explain them what a good deal he got on his 325 million baht triplex penthouse at the latest skyscraper.

Uhm... I only imagine :)

Of couuuuuuurse Warren Buffet would go for a Thailand Elite PE visa... Anybody (with a bit of money) would go for a PE visa.

You can be sure that other projects will offer a Thailand Elite membership together with a condo, a yacht, a super car, ... It makes perfect sense.

Edited by gerry1011

May I jump in?

Not sure what Warren Buffet would do, but what I know is that he (and countless other people) would never want to queue at immigration. So, after all, he may like the Thailand Elite visa smile.png

Well, I was smart to get a Thailand Elite card 12 years ago, that's for sure smile.png

I am curious to know wink.png

May I also jump in?

Warren Buffett would not need to queue at immigration, because at his age he could get an extension based on retirement for a whopping 1900 Baht a year, and he wouldn't even have the inconvenience to leave his place to make 90 day reports, like all those Elite card holders, because he could do it online.

And for his extensions once a year, he could just engage an agent, similar as the Elite card holders do. Only I think his agent wouldn't charge him 100.000 Baht a year to do that.

Now to remind you again, this thread is NOT about the elite visa. You already have your numerous threads to promote Thailand Elite where you report all posts that aren't to your liking, so please stay on topic.

This thread is about a developer in bad papers who tries to lure customers to pay 1.000.000 Baht within 15 days after signing the contract for a dog cage 30m² studio, who then have to wait for the construction to finish ( if it ever finish taken in account the dubious reputation of Mr Cornick in Thailand) for then have the Elite card company to consider the approval.

And going from Kerry's post, it seems that the program Mr Cornick offers isn't even approved by Thailand Elite, so we all know what the consideration from Thailand Elite will be several years after the "victims" got separated from their hard earned savings.

curious, I don't have a non-imm visa so I'm foreign to the process, but can I ask - to stay, it's cheap with a retirement visa, but for a frequent traveller, is a re-entry permit required every time one wishes to depart if residing on a retirement visa? Would they have to go to immigration and queue for that?

And let me also jump in, if the elite visa is so OT, stop walking through the OT door then try slam it shut on everybody else when they try walk through it also.

Btw, it says "elite visa" in the OP, and indicated in the title also, in case you missed that.

Edited by dickyknee

So many alarm bells going off for me

and even if foreigners buy into this, what happens with the limited (49%) ownership of farangs per building rule?

From what ive read here this guy now needs a complete sellout of the complex.. just to the next step.

Didnt a poster say its 50% sold already?

So, 51% are gonna be Thai owners that paid an inflated price for the condo ?

Or maybe very cheap condo since no visa needed??

Starting to sound like an old steve miller song

May I also jump in?

curious, I don't have a non-imm visa so I'm foreign to the process, but can I ask - to stay, it's cheap with a retirement visa, but for a frequent traveller, is a re-entry permit required every time one wishes to depart if residing on a retirement visa? Would they have to go to immigration and queue for that?

And let me also jump in, if the elite visa is so OT, stop walking through the OT door then try slam it shut on everybody else when they try walk through it also.

Btw, it says "elite visa" in the OP, and indicated in the title also, in case you missed that.

If you travel a lot you purchase a multiple entry together with your extension. and never have to queue.Every time you enter you get a new stamp.

But of course the main advantage of having a retirement visa is that for your 90 day reports, you don't have to travel to the Elite office 8 times a year. 4 times to bring your passport and another 4 times to go pick up your passport.

You do it all from the convenience of your own desk while posting on Thaivisa.

Oh and I always see those guys that get picked up at the gate and driven by golf cart to immigration. I always consider they must have one or another deficiency that makes them unable to walk alone. I would shame myself if someone looked at me like that.

So many alarm bells going off for me

and even if foreigners buy into this, what happens with the limited (49%) ownership of farangs per building rule?

From what ive read here this guy now needs a complete sellout of the complex.. just to the next step.

Didnt a poster say its 50% sold already?

So, 51% are gonna be Thai owners that paid an inflated price for the condo ?

Or maybe very cheap condo since no visa needed??

Starting to sound like an old steve miller song

Well the truth is that Kingdom properties mailed me that more than 70% of the project is sold already, so one would consider that the whole 49% foreign allotment is sold already.

So the 30% left can not have it in foreign name, hence can also not apply for an Elite visa. Companies can not apply for a visa.

Does anyone else smell a big fat dead rat?

Edited by Anthony5

May I also jump in?

If you travel a lot you purchase a multiple entry together with your extension. and never have to queue.Every time you enter you get a new stamp.

But of course the main advantage of having a retirement visa is that for your 90 day reports, you don't have to travel to the Elite office 8 times a year. 4 times to bring your passport and another 4 times to go pick up your passport.

Oh and I always see those guys that get picked up at the gate and driven by golf cart to immigration. I always consider they must have one or another deficiency that makes them unable to walk alone. I would shame myself if someone looked at me like that.

for those that utilise the elite visa that travel frequently, all that complicated speak is static noise that they don't have to care about. 90 day reports are irrelevant, re-entry permits irrelevant! That is what makes the visa attractive..

There is a cart service for people that require it, but the elite service is different.

The last time I was driven from the gate, I'm glad my wife wasn't with me as permission to utilise that service might have been revoked! What a stunner, the most beautiful girl in the room all dolled up to greet me at the gate... The looks I got from fellow passengers disembarking ( or should I truthful say " she got" from the passengers)! But let's not that distract from the service though. "Whisked" I think is the term they use to describe the journey from gate to immigration, being the first person from the flight to pass immigration is the truth.

Is the OT door open or closed?

May I also jump in?

for those that utilise the elite visa that travel frequently, all that complicated speak is static noise that they don't have to care about. 90 day reports are irrelevant, re-entry permits irrelevant! That is what makes the visa attractive..

There is a cart service for people that require it, but the elite service is different.

The last time I was driven from the gate, I'm glad my wife wasn't with me as permission to utilise that service might have been revoked! What a stunner, the most beautiful girl in the room all dolled up to greet me at the gate... The looks I got from fellow passengers disembarking ( or should I truthful say " she got" from the passengers)! But let's not that distract from the service though. "Whisked" I think is the term they use to describe the journey from gate to immigration, being the first person from the flight to pass immigration is the truth.

You know i already made clear that I have no intention to feed the troll, but what is an OT door? Is it Open Troll door or something.

Now please have a look at my other post.

There are no Elite cards on offer in this project, since Elite cards are only available to natural foreign persons. And since the developer has declared that more than 70% of the project is sold already, one of 2 buildings is sold 100%, there is no foreign quota available anymore.

No foreign quota means no eligible Elite card candidates.

This advertisement smells as big a scam as the Elite program is.

By the way, aren't you the member that ran a building quality control company in Pattaya a few years ago, or is that another Dickyknee?

BYE.

It looks like Anthony is getting tired of - unsuccessfully - criticizing the Thailand Elite program, while in fact this thread is about a "buy a condo and get an Elite card membership free" promotion.

And now he goes on to say that it is a scam because 70% of the condos at that particular project are already sold...

It is a bit childish.

Thailand Elite haters live with the obsession of constantly feeling the need to denigrate a program that thousands of people find just great (The happy members themselves).

It could well be that 70% of the 49% reserved for foreigners is already sold.

For those of you who want a full Thailand Elite membership and a condo for a low price, you should hurry up.

I don't know about the condo, but for the Thailand Elite card it's worth it ;)

If you don't feel comfortable with the offer, there is always the alternative of renting another condo and queuing at immigration.

Many go for that option and are rather ok with it.

I wouldn't, but that is a question of lifestyle (and money).

Edited by gerry1011

Just to update Southpoint with facts from their website. The original completion date was July 2015--next month. Then it was pushed back to quarter 4 2015. Now it has been pushed back again to q4 2016. (But with a good deal of cheek the website says "On time".) Stating that the condo is "70% sold out", as is mentioned on the website, is somewhat deceiving because that 70% figure includes the second building, which was totally bought by one buyer for serviced apartments or a hotel. It would be more accurate if the developer would post the percentage of sold condos in building 1, the building available for individual condo purchases. I suspect the developer has had buyers walk away from their contracts, as other developers have also had with the bad World economy, and there are probably condos still available in foreign name.

May I also jump in?

Poor little man who has to pay 2 million to get 5 minutes attention from a beautiful Thai girl!!

It looks like Anthony is getting tired of - unsuccessfully - criticizing the Thailand Elite program, while in fact this thread is about a "buy a condo and get an Elite card membership free" promotion.

And now he goes on to say that it is a scam because 70% of the condos at that particular project are already sold...

It is a bit childish.

Thailand Elite haters live with the obsession of constantly feeling the need to denigrate a program that thousands of people find just great (The happy members themselves).

For those of you who want a full Thailand Elite membership and a condo for a low price, you should hurry up.

I don't know about the condo, but for the Thailand Elite card it's worth it wink.png

If you don't feel comfortable with the offer, there is always the alternative of renting another condo and queuing at immigration.

Gerry, why you keep playing the ignorant troll?

Elite visa holders are queuing more than any other visa holders.

But of course the main advantage of having a retirement visa is that for your 90 day reports, you don't have to travel to the Elite office 8 times a year. 4 times to bring your passport and another 4 times to go pick up your passport.You do it all online from the convenience of your own desk while posting on Thaivisa.

From their email

SOUTHPOINT, comprises 655 units two high rise towers; Tower A (30 storey, 431 units) and Tower B (20 storey, 224 units and their all sold out)

Since Southpoint launched the Sales Gallery and Show Suites early this year, total sales of the twin-tower development now stand at over 70%.

Does this read as 70% of the foreign quota?If you have a calculator you can exactly calculate how many units from tower A they claim to be sold.

And indeed, as you say by yourself, this thread is about Southpoint, so why do you keep promoting elite card in this thread since there are other active threads for that.

It is a bit childish.

I don't know about the condo, but for the Thailand Elite card it's worth it wink.png

But of course the main advantage of having a retirement visa is that for your 90 day reports, you don't have to travel to the Elite office 8 times a year. 4 times to bring your passport and another 4 times to go pick up your passport.You do it all online from the convenience of your own desk while posting on Thaivisa.

From their email

SOUTHPOINT, comprises 655 units two high rise towers; Tower A (30 storey, 431 units) and Tower B (20 storey, 224 units and their all sold out)

Since Southpoint launched the Sales Gallery and Show Suites early this year, total sales of the twin-tower development now stand at over 70%.

Does this read as 70% of the foreign quota?If you have a calculator you can exactly calculate how many units from tower A they claim to be sold.

And indeed, as you say by yourself, this thread is about Southpoint, so why do you keep promoting elite card in this thread since there are other active threads for that.

To be honest with you, I did not want to lose my time arguing with you.

But ok, here it is: Everybody can do the 90 day report online. And that includes, of course, Thailand Elite members who decide to take full advantage of their super convenient PE visa and their 1 year stamp.

For the Thailand Elite members who feel confused because of the misleading information posted on this thread, feel free to contact the member service contact center. They will explain you.

I hope that the Thailand Elite haters will not choke their morning coffee with this news ;)

To come back to our concern, the condo & Thailand Elite card promotion, this "70% sold" announcement is, again, only a selling trick.

It is amazing how some on here see a scam in every special offer.

I will take very good care when I buy my next double pack of Colgate toothpaste. Their has to be a scam hidden in that offer too. For sure :)

Did anyone buy one of these condos?

I am still curious, really ;)

I have the 5-year TE card, I made a short single visit to Elite offices once when I first made my application. After that, I have been required to go to the local police office for a 3-month stamp. I show the Officer my elite card and passport, he inserts a piece of paper with the date of my next 3-month stamp. There is no fee for this stamp. They do not keep my passport. There are no eight trips anywhere. Just one short local trip every 3 months, and no leaving/collecting passports.

When going to the main immigration, you are escorted by a friendly TE staff member, who does the paperwork on your behalf and fast-tracks you as much as possible to avoid waiting.

So I make 4 trips a year, and never leave my passport with anyone. It is very easy, especially after trying all the alternatives for many years. I am posting this because I am very happy with this service, and because you are bold-red writing things which have never happened to me in my time as a TE card holder.

Edited by Yunla

I have the 5-year TE card, I made a short single visit to Elite offices once when I first made my application. After that, I have been required to go to the local police office for a 3-month stamp. I show the Officer my elite card and passport, he inserts a piece of paper with the date of my next 3-month stamp. There is no fee for this stamp. They do not keep my passport. There are no eight trips anywhere. Just one short local trip every 3 months, and no leaving/collecting passports.

When going to the main immigration, you are escorted by a friendly TE staff member, who does the paperwork on your behalf and fast-tracks you as much as possible to avoid waiting.

So I make 4 trips a year, and never leave my passport with anyone. It is very easy, especially after trying all the alternatives for many years. I am posting this because I am very happy with this service, and because you are bold-red writing things which have never happened to me in my time as a TE card holder.

Congratulations, you have been able to reduce the number of 8 to only 4 trips. Did you notice that I with my retirement extension make only 1 trip a year, and don't have to wait for anyone to escort me?

Congratulations, you have been able to reduce the number of 8 to only 4 trips. Did you notice that I with my retirement extension make only 1 trip a year, and don't have to wait for anyone to escort me?

I am happy for you, and I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy your retirement, with great joy and few hassles.

I am in my early 40s so no retirement visa for me, but I was born with a crippling and terminal disease. I was on the Health-type visa when it existed, but when it stopped I was sent running up the hill and down the hill like the grand old duke of York, for years. Border runs are difficult if you are seriously ill, so is attending classes in ED visas. For me, the TE visa made my life a lot less painful, literally. I am very happy that I have one!

It is a bit childish.

From their email

To be honest with you, I did not want to lose my time arguing with you.

But ok, here it is: Everybody can do the 90 day report online. And that includes, of course, Thailand Elite members who decide to take full advantage of their super convenient PE visa and their 1 year stamp.

For the Thailand Elite members who feel confused because of the misleading information posted on this thread, feel free to contact the member service contact center. They will explain you.

I hope that the Thailand Elite haters will not choke their morning coffee with this news wink.png

To come back to our concern, the condo & Thailand Elite card promotion, this "70% sold" announcement is, again, only a selling trick.

I will take very good care when I buy my next double pack of Colgate toothpaste. Their has to be a scam hidden in that offer too. For sure smile.png

Did anyone buy one of these condos?

I am still curious, really wink.png

Aren't you contradicting yourself now dear Gerry. You say that the 70% sold is actually a trick, but you don't see the scam?

scamnoun [C] uk us /skæm/ informal
an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people:
So now that you are here, can you please answer my still unanswered questions to you?
1. Was Thailand elite program during a certain period of it lifetime suspended and members, who had paid 1.000.000 Baht for their visa, denied a visa renewal?
2. Has the so successful Thailand elite program reached the projected 1.000.000 members in the first year, or are they after 13 years still at something like 500 only?
Edited by Anthony5