Thai woman claims lured by farang to carry cocaine

Thaivisa News

Nong Khai:- A Thai woman has been arrested for allegedly attempting to smuggle 3.5 kilograms of cocaine into Thailand. She claimed that she was lured by a Canadian man she met online to carry the bag without knowing that it contained the drug.

Molsawan Thianyaem, 26, was arrested by customs officials at the Mueang Nong Khai border checkpoint on Sunday after she carried a large suitcase down a bus to the customs checkpoint for clearance.

Customs officials found four new women handbags inside the suitcase but the handbags' inside cloth layer appeared to have been cut open and re-sewed. Officials opened the cloth layer and found cocaine packed in brown paper with the combined weight of 3.5 kilograms.

The arrest of Molsawan was announced at a press conference at the Nong Khai customs checkpoint at 6:30 pm Tuesday by Nong Khai Governor Suchart Noppawan. Suchart said the drug had street value of about Bt12 million.

With tears in her eyes, Molsawan told the press conference that she was hired by a 40-year-old Canadian whom she knew only by the first name of Michel to carry the suitcase.

Molsawan said she met the farang at an online dating website about a week before he hired her Bt20,000 to carry the suitcase. She said the profile picture showed that the man is good looking and appears respectable in a suit.

Molsawan said she was told by the Canadian that he wanted her to help him smuggle in luxurious handbags from Laos. She was told to pick up the suitcase left beside a pole at the Vientiane morning market and she was supposed to leave it at the Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok.

Why did not the police lay a trap at Mo Chit, either way the truth would be known, although I'm sure she would have to have called a number to give the "all clear" first. If no-one showed up , she is lying, and if someone collects it, takes it up another link in the chain. whistling.gif But , what do I know ?

Molsawan said she was told by the Canadian that he wanted her to help him smuggle in luxurious handbags from Laos. She was told to pick up the suitcase left beside a pole at the Vientiane morning market and she was supposed to leave it at the Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok.
“If infected, those most at risk are people who have had chronic problems, particularly diabetes, renal failure and low immunity, as well as the elderly,” Sopon Mekthon said yesterday in his capacity as director-general of the Disease Control Department.
Since the MERS outbreak, the number of Thai tourists to South Korea has dropped by about 30 per cent.

>>Molsawan said she was told by the Canadian that he wanted her to help him smuggle in luxurious handbags from Laos. She was told to pick up the suitcase left beside a pole at the Vientiane morning market and she was supposed to leave it at the Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok.<< Quote

Try another one darling!!

Sure the "boyfriend" left 12 millions worth of drugs beside a pole for her to pick up.................cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"Molsawan said she was told by the Canadian that he wanted her to help him smuggle in luxurious handbags from Laos. She was told to pick up the suitcase left beside a pole at the Vientiane morning market and she was supposed to leave it at the Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok."

Bull shit.

Greed and stupidity not a very good combination!!

Why would anyone pay her 20.000 to take 4 fake bags over the border, when you can buy them in Bangkok for 1500 a piece??

But as per usual, even when caught in the act, this lovely Thai woman keeps lying!!

If the story is true, and she was acting as a mule, you can be sure that someone would have had eyes on the bag for the entire journey to Bkk. Especially at random pick-ups and drops.

It sounds like she never even met the 'Canadian' as she referred to his profile picture as being 'good looking and appears respectable in a suit'.

Must admit, if someone asked me to do something like that, the profile picture would probably do it for me as well................rolleyes.gif .

I feel little bit sorry for the Canadian. He not only lost the coke, he lost also the 20k Baht. But we know, that's the risk in such kind of business.

On the other hand, they trafficking coke in value of several hundred thousand dollars, but they are not able to hiding this stuff in a professional way.

'but the handbags' inside cloth layer appeared to have been cut open and re-sewed.'

what a f&^^$%^ retarded moron.

Unfortunately any woman can be criminally abused and continually are, but being married to a Thai woman since 1971, I can unequivocally a emphatically guarantee all and sundry that they can never be lured into anything unwillingly.

Excellent post. could not agree more :-)

I rest my case.

The border control at Nong Kai has changed dramatically in a positive way since the Junta have come to power and that was described in the below observation a few days ago.

Gone are the old days that fostered criminal activity. "No more smuggling 30 cartons of smokes across the border or 10 bottles of Penfolds Bin 8 from the shop in no mans land between Laos and Thailand"

The fruits of this success are directly attributed to Prayut and his team with their enforcement of border control policy. Love him or hate him the successes speak for themselves. Unless of course you're good at making wild excuses that would be more at home on the "Recommended Reading" platform of the fiction section in the local book store as opposed to TVF.

Sweeping changes for the benefit of Thai citizens are laying a shadow over every aspect of Thailand and I love it!

Unfortunately any woman can be criminally abused and continually are, but being married to a Thai woman since 1971, I can unequivocally a emphatically guarantee all and sundry that they can never be lured into anything unwillingly.

So that threesome didn't work out in 1972 hey?

Maybe Canadian, maybe not, maybe a farang, maybe not. Could be Nigerian. Maybe

in love, maybe not. 20,000 baht payment to carry four luxury bags across the border.

A clandestine pick-up, without meeting anyone during the hand-off, both should have

raised alarm bells. The only conclusion I can reach is, not only was this lady born at night,

but apparently it was last night. whistling.gif

Edited by Ulic

So that threesome didn't work out in 1972 hey?

I have been happily married for 45 years with Aussie/Thai children, and grandchildren and unlike you I am comfortable and happy with my lot and know that when I comment I do with many years of practical knowledge and incite. I have followed your postings and many other regulars for some time and this above comment conclusively proves how bitter and twisted you have become. Early days your input was constructive, informative and appreciated but in later times your comments have been like a mad women's crap, all over the place with an appalling stench. Are you losing it mate, dementia starting to set in or the grog got to you. Maybe have you just a become a serial reject. You see now how stupid you make yourself look with your recent postings, time for a reality check one thinks. Have a nice day and If you feel the need to try and belittle somebody again, leave me out it as it is fruitless. Just accept your just another long term poster who no longer the credibility to be taken seriously. I wouldn't feel too bad about that, there is plenty of your mates on here just like you so you are not alone.