Best Condo rental by owner listings

jwdub

I'm looking to move into a larger Condo (outgrown my current 32sqm one in Jomtien) and it seems that every time I answer an ad by a Prop. Mgmt firm all I get is the old bait and switch. I dealt directly with the owner of my current place and it's been a great relationship as I have been here 3 years. I'm currently looking at TVisa, P.trader, P. Condo guide, Craigslist and Hipflat. Does anyone know of any other listings or methods I can bypass these Prop. Mgmt. clowns to deal with directly the owner, I would really appreciate it.

Edited by jwdub

You could try going to the building and looking at ads on the noticeboard. In my building these are generally posted by owners (as agents are too cheap to spend the pittance it costs).

Funny that you should say that ,but two popular buildings that my wife (who is an agent) has rented propertys in ,there are private adds , every one was far more expensive to rent or buy than those she had on her agencys web page.,also she sold a very nice condo in one of them for 1.8 mill,the reception had tried to sell it for 2.2 and identical propertys posted on the boards were at 2.5 and 2.4 respectivly, i knowthere are bad agents ,but believe me there are many many bad private sellers as well .

You could try going to the building and looking at ads on the noticeboard. In my building these are generally posted by owners (as agents are too cheap to spend the pittance it costs).

In my building (and others) any agent who posts to the public noticeboard will have their advertisement removed within 24 hours. They can rent space at the local laundries, minimarts if they chose.

In my building (and others) any agent who posts to the public noticeboard will have their advertisement removed within 24 hours. They can rent space at the local laundries, minimarts if they chose.

A decent agent does not need to advertize there ,90% of sales and rentals are now internet based ,a good website is what any agent needs ,and update it constantly ,not have properties that were sold years ago.

A decent agent does not need to advertize there ,90% of sales and rentals are now internet based ,a good website is what any agent needs ,and update it constantly ,not have properties that were sold years ago.

I agree.

When I lived in Jomtien I realized it was not to be expected an agent or company would keep information current.

This was my thinking as well. Unfortunately I have yet to receive a reply back for the condo inquired upon.