Draught imported beer

Rob5060

Or you could take the 118 North till you meet the outer ring road and turn left, HomePro will thereby be on the right. It's just attacking it from the opposite direction, or going anti-clockwise instead of clockwise. Hope that helps

Recently had daught London Pride in Pern restaurant. Very nice. They had a draught German beer there too, though didn't try that. Think the LP was about 220 baht per 500ml glass.

Wow, that's a bit steep. However if you enjoyed it that's all that matters. I've seen bottles of LP in Tesco Lotus on the super highway, unfortunately I can't remember the price. Good stuff huh? May have to try soon. Cheers

Or you could take the 118 North till you meet the outer ring road and turn left, HomePro will thereby be on the right. It's just attacking it from the opposite direction, or going anti-clockwise instead of clockwise. Hope that helps

Thanks, yes I know where it is now

Recently had daught London Pride in Pern restaurant. Very nice. They had a draught German beer there too, though didn't try that. Think the LP was about 220 baht per 500ml glass.

Wow, that's a bit steep. However if you enjoyed it that's all that matters. I've seen bottles of LP in Tesco Lotus on the super highway, unfortunately I can't remember the price. Good stuff huh? May have to try soon. Cheers

Probably about 160 baht for a bottle in the supermarkets so for draught it's not to bad a deal, my favourite tipple when back in the UK is Fullers London Porter, which was rarely on draught but it is great to see it being stocked here though it is more of a winter beer. I'm amazed at all the complaints at the lack of imported beers here.To me it seems to be getting better every day, it's just the price that holds me back.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought this needed an update.

Does anyone know if any of the small bars on Nimman 17 sell imported beer (draught or bottle)?

Does John's place on the moat have any imported beer or are there any other places near there that do?

Sadly, I see the Nimman bottle shop is going to be a McShite. Luckily Beast Burger is nearer to me and doesn't taste like cardboard with a couple of tablespoons of salt and sugar.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought this needed an update.

Does anyone know if any of the small bars on Nimman 17 sell imported beer (draught or bottle)?

Does John's place on the moat have any imported beer or are there any other places near there that do?

Sadly, I see the Nimman bottle shop is going to be a McShite. Luckily Beast Burger is nearer to me and doesn't taste like cardboard with a couple of tablespoons of salt and sugar.

Soi 17:

Year Garage--No, and the food is terrible.

Bob's Garage--Not sure. Big place, no customers, no fun.

The only other bars I know are the backpacker places--I assume the customers there are also staying at the adjacent hostels.

From soi 17 you are a short walk away from Beer Lab and Beer Republic, if you can handle the prices.

Soi 17:

Year Garage--No, and the food is terrible.

Bob's Garage--Not sure. Big place, no customers, no fun.

The only other bars I know are the backpacker places--I assume the customers there are also staying at the adjacent hostels.

From soi 17 you are a short walk away from Beer Lab and Beer Republic, if you can handle the prices.

Beer Lab - I get annoyed with their waiting staff (esp the gay chap) looking at you attracting their attention then turn to pretend to do something else. Also the last time I went in the the beer choice was a bit lagercentric.

Beer Republic - We used to be regulars in there but got fed up with indifferent food and being overcharged.

Cube No7 - This place is right on my doorstep but the atmosphere is non-existant, the staff are clueless and I can't see it staying open much longer, especially as the spent over 1m THB refurbing the space.

Bar-Tng-Go - Has a small choice of Cherman bottles and English cans. Good band and friendly staff. If they ever get Bombardier in bottles I'd end up there every weekend.

I'd love to find a simple little place that has a small menu and is a place that you'd like to call your 'local', but I don't think such a place exists in Nimman.

Beer lab has a good selection of bottled beers, but its draught beer is hit or miss--sometimes excellent, sometimes flat and stale. At 300 baht a pint I expect consistent quality.  I also am not keen on the atmosphere of the place--too many hi-so's and tourists.

Walked by Beertngo last night.  There were three rats on the Buddha shrine out front.  It was an insult to my religion; and I'm not even Buddhist.  Seemed like a good layout of eating a drinking, however there were zero customers at 18:30 on a Friday evening...and you can go ahead and say how everything gets going late, but there is no way a place that size, with that many employees is sustainable only doing a few hours of trading per day, on the first Friday of the month, no less.  If my toilet had as much bacteria on it as those beer towers, I would fire my housekeeper.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

3 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Walked by Beertngo last night.  There were three rats on the Buddha shrine out front.  It was an insult to my religion; and I'm not even Buddhist.  Seemed like a good layout of eating a drinking, however there were zero customers at 18:30 on a Friday evening...and you can go ahead and say how everything gets going late, but there is no way a place that size, with that many employees is sustainable only doing a few hours of trading per day, on the first Friday of the month, no less.  If my toilet had as much bacteria on it as those beer towers, I would fire my housekeeper.

Beertngo?