USA Visa for Chinese spouse

I have a Chinese wife who I married in April this year in China. I have not yet registered with USA embassy. I have been living in China for 10 years before I moved to Thailand. I would like to apply for visa for her so we can move to USA. I do not have a job or any assets in USA other than my IRA (Individual Retirement Annuity) account. Has anybody experienced applying for visa in similar situation? I would appreciate it if you can share your experience about the process of applying for spouse visa.

Thanks in advance.

You can start your reading here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Then spend some time going through this fine www site: www.visajourney.com

A couple of Qs:

-- How long have you been here in Thailand, and on what type of Thai visa?

-- Is your wife also here in Thailand?

Mac

I have been in Thailand for three years on retirement extension. My wife is currently in China applying for Non - O visa. She came here on tourist visa but immigration would not transfer her travel visa to ride on mine.

Plug "dcf" into the search block of www.visajnourney.com

DCF = Direct Consular Filing

This is a faster track in that you can submit the I-130 and associated documents directly to the USCIS office here in Bangkok. Once approved, they send across the street to the Consular Section for further processing.

Re your job, income, situation, or lack of same, looks like you'll need to ask family or frientds in the U.S. to help you out with the Affidavit of Support.

You may also have problems with "domicile" in the U.S. Search for this term in VisaJourney.

Back to your original post, you said: "I have not yet registered with USA embassy." FYI, there is no need to "register" a marriage with the Embassy, indeed, they have no means to do so.

Mac