Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Two Thais arrested for assaulting Australian father, son

Thaivisa News

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the area where I live (this is bangkok) all the karaoke charges 120 baht every 45 minutes for each girl that sits at the table. More what they drinks, compulsory chips serving at 50 baht, refreshing towel at same price, 20 baht every karaoke song, obviously overpriced drinks, ice, food, etc.

Easy to spend 500+ baht to drink a couple of beers with a girl, let alone have a whole night there.

It apply for anyone, thai and the few farangs, this places are always full of people, very good business ;)

I was warned early on about the karaoke bars in CM. I am curious about a couple of things tho. How did they recognize the Tuk Tuk driver at 6am (and after several beers) and why was he (the driver) still waiting around for hours? The attacking the driver seems a bit sketchy to me, especially when you combine the additional drivers getting involved and then the bouncers coming in and stabbing one while the other is being beaten. But hey, you get what you pay for.

absolutely incredible a bill of 13.000 baht for 13 bottles of beer my arithmetics are not spot on but 1.000 baht a bottle is really well out of order I wonder how much the tuk tuk driver would have got out of that . another nasty scam sorted .

All I can say is, the sixty-year-old father is setting an excellent example for his eighteen-year-old-son, taking him to a karaoke bar until 5:00 a.m., drinking six or seven bottles of beer apiece, chatting up several bar girls, and getting into a knife fight to close out the evening's entertainment. That's exactly what I would do with my teenage son if I took him traveling in Thailand! Congratulations all around!

These two offered to pay 1000 baht for 13 (!) bottles of beer -- that's 77 baht per beer! Did they think every cheap beer bar in Thai has pretty young ladies who sit and fawn over you like you're god's gift to women?

I like you, Nancy.

Most Thai bars sell beer, 3 large for 150-170bht (or less), and they're all full of pretty young girls happy to sit with you and try their chances.

I was warned early on about the karaoke bars in CM. I am curious about a couple of things tho. How did they recognize the Tuk Tuk driver at 6am (and after several beers) and why was he (the driver) still waiting around for hours? The attacking the driver seems a bit sketchy to me, especially when you combine the additional drivers getting involved and then the bouncers coming in and stabbing one while the other is being beaten. But hey, you get what you pay for.

Tuk Tuk driver gets a percentage of the take, he was waiting outside to collect his fee from the bar.

(amazed how green some of the posters on this thread are, hard to believe you've ever visited Thailand)

Tuk Tuk driver gets a percentage of the take, he was waiting outside to collect his fee from the bar.

(amazed how green some of the posters on this thread are, hard to believe you've ever visited Thailand)

Plenty of people visit and live in thailand and not get involved in this low life stuff

rijit

13K for 13 bottles of beers, with food and 5 ladies as companions maybe extra services included, a big room to themselves and the bar specially opened to them for the whole night.....what more do the father/son team expects.....1000 baht..cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

They consider themselves lucky with just minor bruises....the son might think he is RAMBO...

Condescension aside, it seems that he was waiting a long time to get his money from the bar. The Thais I know get paid a flat fee for steering people to businesses and the percentage (if any) is settled up later.

Amazing some people actually BELIEVE the karoake bar's account of how many beers they drank, and how much money the bar asked for. Very common in these Chiang Mai Karaoke scam bars to drink just 5 or 6 beers and get a bill for 50k. Of course the owners have to lie about what happened after they stabbed an 18 year old kid and the police and newspapers get involved

The bar in this case, Violin Bar, was SPECIFICALLY pointed out by the governor of Chiang Mai as one of the bars the police would checking up to prevent overcharging.

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news-archive/no-more-overcharging-at-hostess-karaoke-bars-says-governor/

Chiang Mai Governor, Thanin Suphasaen, told the Chiang Mai on September 23rd that new measures would be taken to stop overcharging at karaoke bars in Chiang Mai. It was discussed that many bars, including Aii Karaoke, Violin Karaoke, Bunny Girl, Pink Lady, Casanova Karaoke, Rose, and Cleo, would be regularly checked by police.

This bar is a KNOWN hotspot for scamming tourists.

Condescension aside, it seems that he was waiting a long time to get his money from the bar. The Thais I know get paid a flat fee for steering people to businesses and the percentage (if any) is settled up later.

It is standard procedure at scam businesses like this, that the tuk tuk drivers gets a percent and they wait around until after to take them home and make sure they get the right cut. Happens with the seafood restaurant scam in Bangkok, and with the Karoake bar scam in Chiang Mai. The tuk tuk driver's cut will be thousands of baht, just depends on hwo much they can scam the tourists for. He has to be there to drive them to an ATM, most people don't carry 40,000 cash on them.

The plot thickens:

Australian Father and Son Suing Their Victims After Drunken Brawl
CityNews – Two Australian tourists who got drunk at a karaoke bar and attacked a Thai tuk-tuk driver and a Tai Yai man are now suing for damages after being injured by a knife during the brawl.

Note that the father and son team were not as innocent as it seems. The son grabbing the head of the tuk-tuk driver, who may not have known what was going to happen seems ridiculous. It would have been one thing for him to attack one of the staff like that, but the tuk-tuk driver? No wonder this whole thing escalated. If the father and son team had simply negotiated their bill, even if they had become a bit angry but as long as they didn't become aggressive, this could have been settled in much more civilized fashion.

Luckily for this father and son combo, the perpetrators were fined and they were given a slap on the wrist fine of 100 Baht.

It's always violence that somehow causes these kinds of incidents to escalate. No surprises there I guess.

Note that the father and son team were not as innocent as it seems. The son grabbing the head of the tuk-tuk driver, who may not have known what was going to happen seems ridiculous. It would have been one thing for him to attack one of the staff like that, but the tuk-tuk driver? No wonder this whole thing escalated. If the father and son team had simply negotiated their bill, even if they had become a bit angry but as long as they didn't become aggressive, this could have been settled in much more civilized fashion.

Luckily for this father and son combo, the perpetrators were fined and they were given a slap on the wrist fine of 100 Baht.

It's always violence that somehow causes these kinds of incidents to escalate. No surprises there I guess.

The plot thickens:

Australian Father and Son Suing Their Victims After Drunken Brawl
CityNews – Two Australian tourists who got drunk at a karaoke bar and attacked a Thai tuk-tuk driver and a Tai Yai man are now suing for damages after being injured by a knife during the brawl.

A "Tai Yai" man? That means Shan, which means the man in question isn't even Thai but Burmese. So now this brawl become even more international - Aussies, Thais and even a Burmese man was involved.

I remember years ago I was crucified on a Kareoke , never went back and I already have experience
I remember years ago I was crucified on a Kareoke , never went back and I already have experience

I remember, a few years ago I was been crucified in a Karaoke. Never again!. On the one hand: What do you expect as a result of Kareoke... after mid nigh.., drink..food....music...room...and nice girls, is a perfect combination to get problems just like this in Thailand. On the other hand, I wonder What about the tourist police if the aussies think this is an real abuse?.

Did I read that correctly? They got a 500 baht fine? LOL .....It's just another day in paradise

Ass%20Crack%20Fun.jpg

"Big hairy ass crack" ????.................Little bit too much information there fella. Going to have trouble getting that image out of my mind ! blink.png

Archived