Probably the best pub in Thailand right now

smokie36

Visited the Beez Kneez I think it is called last night on Koh Samui.

This place is brewing its four ales on the premises and have to give them all a huge thumbs up.

My favourite is their Bitter....simply superb!

In Bangkok after the ++ nonsense is added these "craft" beers usually hit the 400 baht a pint mark.

Here they are 150....and no mark ups.

I'm in heaven down here....time to find a bungalow and move back permanently......

post-78923-14346786653522_thumb.jpg

post-78923-14346786845936_thumb.jpg

post-78923-14346787012236_thumb.jpg

Is the Pullman making beer there ? or is there set up a giant non working decoration? In the past there have been a few phonies in Bkk.

The one in Samui has nothing to do with Pullman....and its certainly genuine.

Is the Pullman making beer there ? or is there set up a giant non working decoration? In the past there have been a few phonies in Bkk.

From the Pullman website --

Kronen Brauhaus is the first microbrewery in a Thai hotel, and is located in The Underground entertainment complex. Lovers of good food and beer will enjoy watching it being produced, not to mention tasting the final result.

I thought maybe someone might be interested in another microbrewery without having to go to Samui.

I'm not a beer-drinking guy but there is a miicro-brewery at the Pullman in Khon Kaen whose vats are copper if that makes a difference:

1877_rsr001_00_p_751x371.jpg

these days the copper might be just outside and inside it is stainless steel.

The copper looks pretty -- I have eaten there several times but I don't drink beer.

Used to be under the Soffitel Hotel, in the basement.

Their beer was excellent as of 5 years ago; outstanding ales at reasonable prices. The service and food were, too. They also had great live entertainment; Filipino groups that did great renditions of golden oldies.

If you like fresh beer, this is the place up north.

EDIT: spill chicken

When a microbrewery gets is right, it can be outstanding. The Hopf House in Pattaya has been making a good lager for many years and I still enjoy a few when I go there. Food is quite good as well.

I lived in Singapore for many years and at a time I enjoyed Brewerkz, but then something happened, maybe their yeast supply went off? Not sure, but it has not been good last couple of times I visited. And of the 5 or so microbreweries in the red dot, Red Dot was about the only one that made a consistent good lager. Not sure if it wes/is actually made on the premises though. Their Thai food is not that great though.

If I find a reason to visit Samui, thanks for the tip!

The copper looks pretty -- I have eaten there several times but I don't drink beer.

Used to be under the Soffitel Hotel, in the basement.

Their beer was excellent as of 5 years ago; outstanding ales at reasonable prices. The service and food were, too. They also had great live entertainment; Filipino groups that did great renditions of golden oldies.

If you like fresh beer, this is the place up north.

EDIT: spill chicken

The Pullman IS the Sofitel just a re-branding -- same ACCOR management and same Manager for over 10 years with a brief hiatus mid-term when he went to a Sofitel in China.

Kronen Brauhaus is the first microbrewery in a Thai hotel, and is located in The Underground entertainment complex. Lovers of good food and beer will enjoy watching it being produced, not to mention tasting the final result.

I thought maybe someone might be interested in another microbrewery without having to go to Samui.

khon kaen or samui, hmm tough choice

Both good in their own way.

Lets not draw border lines

Mmmmmmm craft beers!

And Smokies lounge to crash on after.

I need a full report and pic of every beer they make please mate. Any heffe weiss beers?

You one of rhe four is a Weiss beer.

They are all delicious!

I agree -- if I wanted to hang out with the tourists, I would go back to Orlando, Florida.

The guy has sunk a lot of money into the place and at least the local ex-pats there are supporting him.Tony at Toenees' bar at Lamai put me onto it so make the effort guys if you are down there and want a decent beer and a night out!

Here's a newly opened one for all you beer connoisseurs out there at Silom...'Craft Silom'

http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/bangkok-bar-club/craft-silom

The guy has sunk a lot of money into the place and at least the local ex-pats there are supporting him.Tony at Toenees' bar at Lamai put me onto it so make the effort guys if you are down there and want a decent beer and a night out!

Here's a newly opened one for all you beer connoisseurs out there at Silom...'Craft Silom'

http://bkk-asia-city.com/nightlife/bangkok-bar-club/craft-silom

Maybe try this link:

Beer at that place in Silom was 430 Baht each....and that was the cheapest draught one.

Beer looks good just a pity its on Samui but great should you live there. the best pub in Thailand for me would have to be north of C/Mai.

OK, we give up. What's its name?

Maybe try this link:

Cheers JL...put another k in there!

Beer looks good just a pity its on Samui but great should you live there. the best pub in Thailand for me would have to be north of C/Mai.

Sorry about the misunderstanding here. I don't know of any good beer north of CNX. See , I don't care if Hicks Special Draft is in Samui, Phuket or Singapore , I am not flying somewhere to get good beer. I have to go to my nearest pub to get Leo, Singha or gawd help us draft Chang in a bottle. All revolting.

Sorry about the misunderstanding here. I don't know of any good beer north of CNX. See , I don't care if Hicks Special Draft is in Samui, Phuket or Singapore , I am not flying somewhere to get good beer. I have to go to my nearest pub to get Leo, Singha or gawd help us draft Chang in a bottle. All revolting.

You're right about those beers.

I drink BeerLao dark in CM when I can get it.

Thank god SangSom is a good rum.

Archived