Purchasing Interferon injectable and antivirals for Hepatitis C

Colabamumbai

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to the Health Forum.

Prices at a pharmacy for these drugs will be the same or higher than in a government hospital, but lower than a private hospital. Still expensive though as they are all imports.

They will be hard to source, best chance would be at either the main Fascino branch in Thonburi opposite Siriraj Hospital or other large pharmacy right next to it. As you would be travelling far suggest having a Thai speaker call first to verify, Fascino number is 02-411-4550.

Note that while you can get interferon and ribaviron over thecounter, boceprevir (Victrelis) is available only from hospitals.

If all else fails contact the distributors and ask them for the names/addresses of pharmacies they have supplied to:

Peginterferon alfa 2 a (Pegasys), Ribaviron (Copegus) = DKSH. Tel: 02-220 9000 , 1364 (Call Center) Email: [email protected]

Peginterferon alfa 2b (Peg-Intron) = Zuellig: Tel: 03-656 9800 email.png Email: [email protected]

Sometimes distributors will sell you to you directly if you buy say a years supply at once, which of course is a savings over pharmacies as it is the wholesale price. Worth asking.

Thanks Sheryl I appreciate you taking the time. I have been researching prices most products come from Turkey and some distributors want more money wholesale than I paid at Srinakarind Hospital...

As high as 165.00U.S. for one Peginterferon Alpha 2A syringe, wholesale 12 units and some have minimum orders of 5,000 U.S.

I Paid 14,000 Baht for 4 syringes and 4 bottles x 42 Capsules of Ribavirin, but paid the Doctors nurse and did not receive a receipt for these items. One month supply.

Did not go to the Cashier pay for the items and then go to the medicine room to receive them.

I have complained to the hospitals ombudslady a foreigner. She says I will get a receipt on my next visit "The supplier will send a receipt." Which I think is a load of crock with the Doctor now trying to protect herself.

I threatened to call the Ministry of Health and they pleaded with me to try and let them sort it out internally.

I have not found them cheaper, but the fact that they are being sold under the counter at the hospital bothers me.

This is much like the doctors who run clinics in their spare time to sell overpriced medicines to their clients.

Thanks Again Alex in Kalasin

• 1 year later...

There are treatments availalble using the new DAA direct antiviral agents. These are the $1000/pill cure that the Pharma company in the US Gilead Sciences have developed. You can get the generics (safe, Pure,) here in Asia if you look in the right places.There is a buyers club in Australia that helped me.

Two places to go for research on where and how to treat your infection. There is a cure that is safe and affordable.

Fixhepc.com

Also search for an Australian by the name of Greg Jeffery's on the net. He has a blog with great info and was one of the Originator of the buyers club.

This is the real deal. I got my meds in Bangkok (Generic Indian made from CIPLA, who has an agreement with the US company Gilead Scinces.

I am well on my way to SVR (cure)

Pm me if you want. This is not about money, it is about getting well.

Archived