Chanthaburi man wins first-price lottery twice in five months

Thaivisa News

Chanthaburi:- For the rest of us, winning the first price lottery is next to impossibility but a 32-year-old man in Chanthaburi has won it – not just once but twice.

Thairath Online reported that Pattarapong Prachoomkul, who works as a policy and planning analyzer official of Tambon Nongchim Administrative Organization in Chanthaburi's Laemsing district, has won a pair of first-price lottery tickets for the June 16 draw. He got Bt2 million prize for each ticket.

The paper said Pattarapong paid only Bt80 for the pair of tickets as the June 16 draw was the first draw that the government has successfully controlled the retail price of lottery tickets to be Bt80 per par in line with the ticket's face value.

Thairath said it dispatched its reporter to talk to Pattarapong on Friday after it learned from his friends that he has won the first-prize lottery.

post-87022-0-48959600-1434768952_thumb.j

[Photo credit: Thairath Online]

The TAO official told the Thairath reporter that he also won the first prize five months ago but at that time he kept it secret.

It was already strange for a man to win the first prize lottery twice in five months but the incident Pattarapong encountered and prompted him to believe that it led to his lottery winning was more incredible.

He said he has recently met an old monk standing in front of the Laemsing electricity office, waving for a lift but no other cars stopped. Pattarapong said he stopped and picked up the monk and delivered him to Wat Khao Noi not far from his house.

He later went to the temple and saw the picture of the monk, who turned out be the abbot who died since 1950.

The man said he has bought a new digital camera and while he was testing it at his house, the camera captured the monk's picture out of nothing.

He said a lottery vendor later turned up at the TAO office with a few tickets left and he bought one pair and it turned out to be winning tickets, Thairath said.

He later went to the temple and saw the picture of the monk, who turned out be the abbot who died since 1950.

He won the "price" and gave the abbot "who died since" 1950 a ride. Priceless. Or Prize less?

I hope that I don't have to suffer 65 years, before I die. Will drive around now and look for some deceased monks, looking for a ride. facepalm.gif

Found this image on my brand new digital camera when I tried it at home.........

post-158336-0-04271500-1434780348_thumb.

I want to rub his head for good luck!! Unless

The Lottery Minister is his brother.

Its shocking to even consider the idea that some form of corruption could be at work here.

I am shocked, Stunned, it simply beggars belief. Surely not, how could such a thing happen?

I want you all to picture me with my arms crossed in front of my face, in an emphatic gesture screaming 'no way Jose'.

He won the "price" and gave the abbot "who died since" 1950 a ride. Priceless. Or Prize less?

I hope that I don't have to suffer 65 years, before I die. Will drive around now and look for some deceased monks, looking for a ride. facepalm.gif

Found this image on my brand new digital camera when I tried it at home.........

At least that's what you told the wife - quick thinking bud. See - Thai Visa to the rescue again.

Its shocking to even consider the idea that some form of corruption could be at work here.

I am shocked, Stunned, it simply beggars belief. Surely not, how could such a thing happen?

I want you all to picture me with my arms crossed in front of my face, in an emphatic gesture screaming 'no way Jose'.

The have people in the states who have won multiple lotteries. Many of them end up broke through scams and poor financial planning.

Worth a donation to the temple that you found that picture and not your wife

The have people in the states who have won multiple lotteries. Many of them end up broke through scams and poor financial planning.

That's what I said???? What????

Some stories are very hard to believe but here is a "monk story" that actually happened to me. My Thai wife and I live in Pattaya but still own a house in Bangkok. My wife went to Bangkok to check on the house there while I remained in Pattaya. While watering the lawn I slipped on a wet tile, fell and incurred an abrasion on my forehead. I did not call anyone nor did anyone else know about the fall. The next morning, my wife gets a telephone call in Bangkok from her 84-year old father in Nakhon Si Thammarat. The father has a brother who was the Abbot at a Wat in Bangkok until he died The father called to find out if I was OK after falling. He told my wife the Abbot came to him in a dream and expressed concern for the fall and my safety and that he "would come stay with us for a while and look after me". My health has been terrific and we put out a breakfast every morning for our guest. Unfortunately he failed to "look after" my wife as she passed away in January. I am not putting out any more breakfasts. Divine intervention as in the double lottery winner's case (keep in mind the first win seems to lack support) or some cosmic interference?

I knew that sometime life is stranger than fiction, but lottery stranger than fiction?

this has the making of good Thai soap, all you need is the rich boss, the broken

heart office girl and the tormented maid..

So after all the bad press lately about price of tickets,where and who is allowed to sell etc ,along comes this guy to put a feelgood spin on it!!

This is no doubt to make the poor think that it will definitely be them that wins and buy more tickets( how hard can it be if hes won it twice in a year!!)laugh.png and it will also make them forget that the jackpot will no longer exist and unless you have 5 tickets or more you will still be poor!!

And why would we need to do that? This is Thailand after all and stranger things happen in this twilight zone. Or do you live in a different Thailand than us?

And why would we need to do that? This is Thailand after all and stranger things happen in this twilight zone. Or do you live in a different Thailand than us?

That's right and corruption is practically unheard of.

Probability is fickle

So after all the bad press lately about price of tickets,where and who is allowed to sell etc ,along comes this guy to put a feelgood spin on it!!

This is no doubt to make the poor think that it will definitely be them that wins and buy more tickets( how hard can it be if hes won it twice in a year!!)laugh.png and it will also make them forget that the jackpot will no longer exist and unless you have 5 tickets or more you will still be poor!!

Never thought that way, but you're right. It seems to be the best advertisement that people buy more lottery tickets to "support" their government. It seems that the corruption has changed its course and the "good general" has only his folks in mind.

A monk involved, in a country where even the smallest village has its own temple...Wow!! Let's go and buy a lot of these little - now so cheap- suckers and become rich...isn't that little man's dream all around the world?.

Now the whole business is in their hands, taxes for almost everything increased.. Was it really about paying the actual price?

Not long ago, the Social Security Office Nods Finance Ministry's Loan Request ..........( 7th of June 2015)

"The Social Security Office gave green light to the Ministry of Finance's 200 billion baht loan request."

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNECO5806070010008

But when it's about a lot of money, the ordinary people never know what's really happening.

Here's a similar "case" from the States that I found when I did my "research" :2.6 trillion dollar. But how much is 2.6 trillion bucks?

Two thousand six hundred billions??..2,600 x 1,000,000,000

If you stack a trillion-worth of $1000 bills together, then:

1 million dollars = 4 inches high

1 billion dollars = 364 feet high

1 trillion dollars = 63 miles high

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2011/07/13/what-happened-to-the-2-6-trillion-social-security-trust-fund/

It's too obvious to me. Please explain that to a farmer in Thailand and the ordinary folks in the States... thumbsup.gif

I also know of an Australian couple who won the first prize twice. They were already wealthy and could afford to buy a lot of tickets. Now that's positive thinking for you isn't it???

No monks, ghosts, lucky numbers, just plain old money. Folks . . . . . They didn't go broke afterwards either. . . and neither will I wai2.gif

I knew that sometime life is stranger than fiction, but lottery stranger than fiction?

this has the making of good Thai soap, all you need is the rich boss, the broken

heart office girl and the tormented maid..

Your forgetting the quirky gay friend of the female lead.

Ha, she seems to be quite popular on many sites.

Have you guys ever used google image search? It allows you to see whether a particular photo has ever appeared on the web before. I found it useful one time to find out that a "woman" I was chatting with online, was actually just a liar, with pictures of a model he/she used to lure farang.

Anyway, off topic, sorry, but some of you might find this useful some day. Searching for this girl's image, abbreviated version:

1. Save the image to your hard drive.

2. Click on the "upload an image" tab. Click on the image on your hard drive

2. Following the thumbnails below, a search for that image, in any size, yielded tens of web pages

post-237067-0-26290000-1434945664_thumb.

post-237067-0-31448600-1434945669_thumb.

post-237067-0-27912600-1434945674_thumb.

post-237067-0-53236800-1434945679_thumb.

Archived