The Marriot in Pattaya on beach road

Franky Bear

The main restaurant is rather pricey for what you get plus when I was there back in March, there were a couple tour groups one had to compete with. I'd walk over to Dicey Reilly's which claims to be an Irish pub and restaurant. Good food, service, and more of an casual atmosphere. Dicey Reilly's is connected to the Mariott but faces on 2nd Road. You can get to Dicey's from the main Mariott restaurant, turn once you reach the Mariott hotel restaurant.

The hotel is in a great location for good local eating choices from Italian, to Japanese, Chinese, Tex-mex, Indian Turkish and Cajun. The Marriott restaurant is typically expensive and uninspired, so is Dicey's IMHO. There's even fast food choices right on the hotel doorstep.

The Marriott restaurant is typically expensive and uninspired, so is Dicey's IMHO.

The daily buffet in the Marriot is quite good and varied.

I cant imagine why anyone spends good money on the expensive drinks and fake ambience in Dicey Riley's and the regular menu is very boring, but their Sunday lunch carvery isn't bad. Dont buy their overpriced water!

Did you find a friend for the night ?

The OP was last seen in Pook Bar on soi Buk.............plenty of friends there whistling.gif

What & not seen since? That brings another meaning to 'long time'!!

I hope it's not another 'love in 20 seconds' fatality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a great hotel but over priced from top to bottom. My room was a basic one for 5500 baht. Far better options at half the price and just as good all

Over town

I normally use LK Metropol when I come up from Rayong for nights out

I lived in Pattaya 6 years so know the place