What's Your Tipple?

EmptyHead

Gin and Tonic , Avoid the Sugar , use Soda Water Instead, you 'll probably avoid the Hangover also, be careful of Gin Blossoms also, Gin not so Good on the Liver, also be careful of Limes squeeze them yourself at a bar, Really you should Never Garnish your drinks, So much Bacteria in those Garnish Trays, especially Olives, I would work a whole shift and didn't serve olives so much , they would sit out the whole shift , and then back in fridge , then start the whole process again , cherries too, I worked at a Major Hotel with an H, No not HI, but I was in the biz for 10 years, just a Warning, BTW I'm a Ketel -One Fan , I did Events for them for years and the son of the Owner would Never have us squeeze the limes, always on a side-dish, they did it themselves and they were the most down to earth people for being Multi Multi Millionaires, Dutch Family, During Nazi Occupation, I believe they buried or hid the Huge Vats, in their process of making Vodka, they sell the first 100 gals. of the batch to perfume makers, and they discard the last 100 gals. for better consistency, OK lesson of the day has concluded, Sorry, just wanted inform my fellow members of the Consequences of Bacteria in your Garnish Trays, plus I never saw them go to the Dishwasher Area, either, just the Fridge, I know not a pleasurable thought, but I thought you should know, especially with Temps in Thailand.

Vodka Tonic witrh lemon slice fresh from my tree (about the only positive thing the Russians have brought is cheaper vodka). Beer choice is Chang Export, Leo or San Miguel Light. On occasion a Bacardi and Coke Zero with a shot of Sang Som thrown in and the aforementioned lemon

. Smart Member, Fresh off the Tree...

In the last few weeks I have started drinking Kirin beer at home. When I go to the pub if they have a good pint of Guinness I have that, otherwise I have Tiger. I cannot abide Singha or Chang, the only local brew that I like is Leo.

I drink wine with my dinner and then usually pass out around 11.00pm :-)

If I have spirits it would be vodka and orange, actually I love it with the tangerine juice that they sell here.

. Mr. B , where do you get the Tangerine , 8 years and didn't have a clue, where to obtain, but never thought they had it here, and never inquired , Cheers

In the early morn, around the crack of noon, hot black and strong coffee; in the heat of the day, cold San Miguel Light; after the sun goes down, Jack and Soda--actually prefer George, but he's nowhere to be found--and wrap it up with a few shots of Black Sambuco or Olmec Tequila--well, that takes care of Mondays

Tuesday's . . . . .

I've started drinking Strongbow cider in preference to Guinness after I've been out cycling in the heat of the mid-day sun.

Strongbow also do fancy expensive bottled ciders, and the elderfower reminds me of my childhood

SC

In the last few weeks I have started drinking Kirin beer at home. When I go to the pub if they have a good pint of Guinness I have that, otherwise I have Tiger. I cannot abide Singha or Chang, the only local brew that I like is Leo.

I drink wine with my dinner and then usually pass out around 11.00pm :-)

If I have spirits it would be vodka and orange, actually I love it with the tangerine juice that they sell here.

. Mr. B , where do you get the Tangerine , 8 years and didn't have a clue, where to obtain, but never thought they had it here, and never inquired , Cheers

Hi Dannyb.... I buy it in Tops and Big C extra, the brand name is Smile. You will find it in the chill section, they have various different orange juices, including tangerine and shogun, the bottles are plastic and I think they are approx. 1 ltre.

The different juices have different colour labels, the tangerine juice label is green.

If you have difficulty finding / identifying it send me a pm with your e-mail and I will mail you a photograph of it.

All the best.

You have tasted dog urine before - just wondering

I think you can get it at the Drunken Duck.

this pub looks familiar, where is it?

I just saw the pic and got a pang of homesickness . Thaanks for that.