Four Chinese men arrested with over 200 fake ATM cards

Thaivisa News

Phuket:- Four Chinese men were arrested in Phuket late Friday night after police found them allegedly using fake ATM cards to withdraw cash from an ATM machine in Patong area. Police seized over 200 fake ATM cards from the four suspects.

The arrest was made at 00:20 am Saturday at the front of Soi Kebsup off Rat-uthit Road in Tambon Patong of Krathu district after police received tips-off late Friday.

The four suspects were identified as Xie Haiping, 34, Yang Changbin, 27, Min Zhong, 35 and Su Chuanfeng, 35.

post-87022-0-84739000-1434807557_thumb.j

[Photo credit: Manger Online]

The Krathu police station was alerted that four Chinese men were seen using fake ATM cards to withdraw crash from an ATM machine of the TMB bank's Patong branch in front of the electricity office.

Police officers rushed to the scene and watched and waited until the four suspects had finished fake ATM cards to withdraw the money. All the four were seen taking turn to withdraw the money.

When the four came out of the ATM booth to catch a tuktuk, police came out to arrest them. During the arrest, a man was seen running away.

Police then took the four suspects to their hotel in Patong and found more fake ATM cards.

Police learned that the four had arrived from Hong Kong at 2:50 pm Friday. They were scheduled to return to Hong Kong Saturday.

The four admitted that they had received fake ATM cards from Hong Kong for withdrawing money in Phuket. They were supposed to return to Hong Kong with the cash to share with other gang members.

They were charged with having and using fake electronic cards. Police are now hunting for the other suspect.

Phuket:- Four Chinese men were arrested in Phuket late Friday night after police found them allegedly using fake ATM cards to withdraw cash from an ATM machine in Patong area. Police seized over 200 fake ATM cards from the four suspects...........

.....and are now using them themselves!! cheesy.gif

Of course, it doesn't look suspicious when you have a trolley full of ATM cards and you spend two and a half ours poking a multitude of cards into the same ATM and put the cash into a humungous plastic bag.

I mean, nobody would ever peg you as acting suspiciously - not even the illustrious RTP BIB. You'ld need to be there at least four hours before those dozy bumpkins would even wake up.

just wait till these guys start coming by the thousands. They are going to give Thais a lesson on how to steal money. Makes me giggle

I suppose you'll also giggle when your ATM card no longer works because banks decided ATM's are too risky to have? Do you have enough wits to know that at some point thieves are stealing money from banks' depositors - meaning all of us? Do you realize that if there were no thieves the rest of us would have life a lot easier?

just wait till these guys start coming by the thousands. They are going to give Thais a lesson on how to steal money. Makes me giggle

I suppose you'll also giggle when your ATM card no longer works because banks decided ATM's are too risky to have? Do you have enough wits to know that at some point thieves are stealing money from banks' depositors - meaning all of us? Do you realize that if there were no thieves the rest of us would have life a lot easier?

and did you realize that banks have the means to stop the fraud but its cheaper than it is to impliment......

I NEVER use my card in a foreign ATM. Firstly the exchange rate is crap, there is a large fee to use it with a foreign card and an ATM is a prime site for skimming. If I need money I will go inside the bank to make a withdrawal. That way the bank is responsible for any faults in the transaction. I have never had a problem. I still take cash when going abroad. I hate the plastic money.

Its interesting, but sadly typical of a lot that is said in Thaivisa forums, that not even one contributor to this thread has given any recognition or credit to the fact that the Thai police seem to have done a good job here. They acted on the tip-off in a timely manner, they didn't rush in - they observed until they had the necessary evidence and then made the arrests, just as any reasonable person would expect of a police force.... or is it just too difficult to recognise when the Thais do something right??

Chinese trash instead of Nigerian and Russian

For a change....5 years in Thai prison for each

ATM fraud in Thailand is mostly committed by Ukrainians, Gypsies (from Romania and Moldova), Chinese from PRC.

I suppose its the best way to get a free holiday in Thailand steal money to pay for the flights and then steal more to pay for the accommodation and entertainment, wont be long before this sort of holiday catches on in China and millions will be coming over for a cheap holiday with stolen ATM cards and pin numbers Thailand the land of milk and honey provided you have money.

Its interesting, but sadly typical of a lot that is said in Thaivisa forums, that not even one contributor to this thread has given any recognition or credit to the fact that the Thai police seem to have done a good job here. They acted on the tip-off in a timely manner, they didn't rush in - they observed until they had the necessary evidence and then made the arrests, just as any reasonable person would expect of a police force.... or is it just too difficult to recognise when the Thais do something right??

Yes,....good reflection. and it seems they made a lot of card skimmer arrests lately ,...I guess I saw news like that +/- every second day.....!!!

Good Job....makes me think? do they get a premium from the Banks for there good work ????

They are very effective in catching foreigners or Thais that infringe on the criminal law....

The problems start if the suspect is connected or belongs to a so called high or wealthy family...!?!?!