NLA to deliberate impeachment of 248 former MPs on June 25-26

Lite Beer

According to some members, the following scenario is entirely reasonable:

A lower house of Parliament passes legislation, which is quickly found to be unconstitutional. The legislation is declared null and void, and never becomes a law..

Later , all parliament members who voted for this legislation (which never became law), are impeached and banned from politics.

The reason for impeaching the legislators? They tried to create a new law. ermm.gif

You very conveniently missed the most important point - the reason (obvious as the nose of your face) why they were trying to change the law.

Put simply so that pt could gain even more control, tighten their dictatorship activities and pass even more laws, without challenge, so that they could quickly make even more gains to a situation where it would be impossible for anybody to vote them out.

So its the Constitutional Courts job now to rule on what a party might or might not be trying to do and for what reasons, not just to uphold the law? Its either against the law or not against the law, it is not their job to speculate on the potential political ramifications of the amendment of the law, otherwise it all gets very subjective and open to opinion.......

So the Constitutional Court have no suspicions that a group of individuals appointing Senators might be in an attempt to do something........

Hilariously, the junta is doing precisely what those MPs tried to do -- change the makeup of the Senate. The junta is amending the Constitution to appoint many more people: Senators, Ethics Committees, Politician-Review Committees...and lots, lots more.

So they are doing what they accuse the criminals of doing, but since it changes the balance of power in their favor, they seem to think no one notices the sheer hypocrisy of this myopic mindset.

Bull feces. Monkey crap. And, especially, dinosaur droppings.

tongue.png

Well the MPs tried to change for personal gains and for amnesty for their own and their leaders crimes.

The military government does it to help the country, bring stability and move forward. We can discuss if they do the right thing or if it is complete wrong, but they do it with good intentions.

Utter tripe! They do it to ensure these politicians don't stand IF an election takes place.

Reconciliation my bottom, they're ensuring that the cycle of revenge goes on ad infinitum.

They do it to ensure these politicians don't stand IF when an election takes place.

And rightly so if they are found guilty.

Thailand doesn't need legislators whose loyalty belongs to Thaksin before it belongs to their constituents. If those legislators didn't vote Thaksin's way, they didn't get any campaign funds from the party. They were bought and paid for. The proof is the unbroken string of rubber stamp votes they cast; not one 'nay'. Did you really believe those MPs represented their constituencies? They represented themselves and Thaksin, and you have the gall to call that democracy?

gall: bold, impudent behavior.

BTW, the only one ensuring the cycle of revenge is Thaksin; he just won't quit and move on with his life. I wouldn't wish Thaksin on my worst enemy.

Edited by rametindallas

Hilariously, the junta is doing precisely what those MPs tried to do -- change the makeup of the Senate. The junta is amending the Constitution to appoint many more people: Senators, Ethics Committees, Politician-Review Committees...and lots, lots more.

So they are doing what they accuse the criminals of doing, but since it changes the balance of power in their favor, they seem to think no one notices the sheer hypocrisy of this myopic mindset.

tongue.png

Well the MPs tried to change for personal gains and for amnesty for their own and their leaders crimes.

The military government does it to help the country, bring stability and move forward. We can discuss if they do the right thing or if it is complete wrong, but they do it with good intentions.

Correct, the junta isn't doing it to assist a fugitive criminal and his barbie doll sister unlike the previous mob of paid crooks.

I know, the junta is illegal - blah blah blah - according to those on the losing side, but they had their chance and were only interested in their own preservation and the behest of a criminal.

tongue.png

Utter tripe! They do it to ensure these politicians don't stand IF an election takes place.

Reconciliation my bottom, they're ensuring that the cycle of revenge goes on ad infinitum.

They do it to ensure these politicians don't stand IF when an election takes place.

Thailand doesn't need legislators whose loyalty belongs to Thaksin before it belongs to their constituents. If those legislators didn't vote Thaksin's way, they didn't get any campaign funds from the party. They were bought and paid for. The proof is the unbroken string of rubber stamp votes they cast; not one 'nay'. Did you really believe those MPs represented their constituencies? They represented themselves and Thaksin, and you have the gall to call that democracy?

BTW, the only one ensuring the cycle of revenge is Thaksin; he just won't quit and move on with his life. I wouldn't wish Thaksin on my worst enemy.

I rather suspect ( unknown to him) that he is your worst enemy!

"Members of the National Legislative Assembly are scheduled to meet before the end of the month to deliberate the impeachment of hundreds of former members of parliament."

How totally stupid - even Monty Python would have found it hard to think of anything equally ridiculous.

I think stupid does not go far enough.

If these ex MP's are guilty of what they are accused of, and given the publicity of this we saw at the time it would seem pretty certain they are, it was way past stupid that they had to cheat in attempting to pass this legislation into law.

There was no need to cheat as they had the numbers to pass the bill had it been done legally, but no they had to try to take short cuts and ignore the rules in their confidence they could do whatever they wanted..........They were elected and they believed that gave them the right to ignore the law.

Well now they are finding out that they are accountable to the law, as are they and their fellow ex MP's and cabinet ministers in regards to the rice pledging scheme and other things.

It needs to be spelt out very clearly to any would be politician of the future that they can and will be held accountable by the law for any actions that subvert or break the law.

Robby, i don't believe the case about suspect voting is even being considered it is just the attempt to amend the Constitution which is subject to the impeachment vote.

Farcical really given every single Govt, including the one previous alter the Constitution, yet suddenly its deemed an impeachable offence.

You believe wrong. There are ways and means of changing the constitution and nothing wrong with that. A party that wants to make changes has to abide by the law when doing it. The PT party did not abide by the law, do some research and you will find this is true.

They are now being held to account for not doing things the correct way.

I shouldn't really bother for you should be able to do your own research.

However check out how in the first reading PT lumped 3 constitution changes together then stifled debate by cutting short the agreed debating time. After objections by the opposition they suspended the meeting and resumed after midnight when most of the opposition had left, taking a vote without farther debate at 1.30am with a total of only 428 MP's and senator in the house out of a total of 650 MP's and 76 senators : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630687-thai-lawmakers-move-to-change-constitution-amid-court-challenge/

You probably know by now that one of those bills was to make the senate fully elected, something the opposition agreed with. You probably also know that there were significant changes made during the committee stage that included abolishing the 6 year term and allowing members of sitting MP's families to become senators, something the opposition was against.

There was a case accepted by the constitution court in regards to this : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632591-thai-constitution-court-accepts-petition-against-charter-rewrite/

Carry on from there and see what they did during subsequent readings and you should be able to see why they are now facing impeachment.

tongue.png

As fascists rants go, you've got the top marks today on this thread.

"Members of the National Legislative Assembly are scheduled to meet before the end of the month to deliberate the impeachment of hundreds of former members of parliament."

How totally stupid - even Monty Python would have found it hard to think of anything equally ridiculous.

If these ex MP's are guilty of what they are accused of, and given the publicity of this we saw at the time it would seem pretty certain they are, it was way past stupid that they had to cheat in attempting to pass this legislation into law.

There was no need to cheat as they had the numbers to pass the bill had it been done legally, but no they had to try to take short cuts and ignore the rules in their confidence they could do whatever they wanted..........They were elected and they believed that gave them the right to ignore the law.

Well now they are finding out that they are accountable to the law, as are they and their fellow ex MP's and cabinet ministers in regards to the rice pledging scheme and other things.

It needs to be spelt out very clearly to any would be politician of the future that they can and will be held accountable by the law for any actions that subvert or break the law.

Robby, i don't believe the case about suspect voting is even being considered it is just the attempt to amend the Constitution which is subject to the impeachment vote.

Farcical really given every single Govt, including the one previous alter the Constitution, yet suddenly its deemed an impeachable offence.

You believe wrong. There are ways and means of changing the constitution and nothing wrong with that. A party that wants to make changes has to abide by the law when doing it. The PT party did not abide by the law, do some research and you will find this is true.

However check out how in the first reading PT lumped 3 constitution changes together then stifled debate by cutting short the agreed debating time. After objections by the opposition they suspended the meeting and resumed after midnight when most of the opposition had left, taking a vote without farther debate at 1.30am with a total of only 428 MP's and senator in the house out of a total of 650 MP's and 76 senators : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630687-thai-lawmakers-move-to-change-constitution-amid-court-challenge/

You probably know by now that one of those bills was to make the senate fully elected, something the opposition agreed with. You probably also know that there were significant changes made during the committee stage that included abolishing the 6 year term and allowing members of sitting MP's families to become senators, something the opposition was against.

There was a case accepted by the constitution court in regards to this : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632591-thai-constitution-court-accepts-petition-against-charter-rewrite/

Carry on from there and see what they did during subsequent readings and you should be able to see why they are now facing impeachment.

They are being charged with trying to amend the section of the Constitution, nothing to do with process....

Even the second link you give makes no mention of the process, just that changing the Senators back to be 100% elected as per previous Constitutions would suddenly be a threat to the.....

The first link details how it was done, i have no idea if this is against the law or not, seemingly it is not given that from everything i have read, the contention with the impeachment case is not to do with the process itself. This is probably as it is not an impeachment offence.

tongue.png

So proof of people being bought and paid for is rubber stamp votes, kind of like the recent NLA passing something as important and controversial as the new draft Constitution by 203 to nil, with 3 abstentions?

They are being charged with trying to amend the section of the Constitution, nothing to do with process....

Even the second link you give makes no mention of the process, just that changing the Senators back to be 100% elected as per previous Constitutions would suddenly be a threat to the.....

The first link details how it was done, i have no idea if this is against the law or not, seemingly it is not given that from everything i have read, the contention with the impeachment case is not to do with the process itself. This is probably as it is not an impeachment offence.

OK so you have your tiny little red mind made up and you are not prepared to look farther.

As I wrote; changing the constitution is not illegal it is the way that it was carried out that they brought trouble on themselves.

Edited by Robby nz

OK so you have your tiny little red mind made up and you are not prepared to look farther.

As I wrote; changing the constitution is not illegal it is the way that it was carried out that they brought trouble on themselves.

So why are they not being charged for the procedure, rather than the act itself?

And speaking of tiny little minds was it not you the other day that said legalizing casinos would only affect the wealthy......

Edited by smutcakes

So why are they not being charged for the procedure, rather than the act itself?

And speaking of tiny little minds was it not you the other day that said legalizing casinos would only affect the wealthy......

Robby's message is clear, focused, and appropriate..

Why is it so difficult to understand?

Easy answer - none so blind as those that don't want to see

Robby's message is clear, focused, and appropriate..

Why is it so difficult to understand?

Easy answer - none so blind as those that don't want to see

Robby's article is completely inaccurate as they are not being prosecuted for the procedure.

Your final ditty could quite easily be said of you as well.

So proof of people being bought and paid for is rubber stamp votes, kind of like the recent NLA passing something as important and controversial as the new draft Constitution by 203 to nil, with 3 abstentions?

Link? In any case, one vote is hardly an "unbroken string of rubber stamp votes". Your rebuttal (I giving it great honor to call it that) is a FAIL!

They do it to ensure these politicians don't stand IF

when an election takes place.

I rather suspect ( unknown to him) that he is your worst enemy!

He certainly turned out to be his baby sister, Yingluck's worst enemy the way he used her in his scheming and then left her to face justice for, what were basically, his crimes.