Classic rock pub in Baan Chang

Ridge

Is there a pub / bar in Baan Chang where they play classic rock music (Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix...) and thus that attracts farangs or Thai with at least a common liking of music. I am looking for a place where depending on my mood, I can sit and listen/drink without being bothered or have a conversation without being asked to pay some teenager for a drink. So a guess the strip is not for me. Koh Chang is a bit far for a night out.

A place like the Jungle Bar looks ok but they dont even put some music on. Besides they close very early. Crossroads (now closed and moving) had the same band play the same songs every night. What's the Camel like lately ? Have been there about 2 years ago but its more like a sports bar with the TV screens ruining the atmosphere for me.

I believe Aussie Les' 3 in one bar on the Payoon Road has a band from about 8pm. I think they used to play at crossroads. The bar is about 1km from the intersection with the beach road and on the left had side if you're coming from the beach road. The Warehouse on the strip plays classic rock. Entertainment professionals may approach you to inquire if you want to offer them liquid refreshment but you could always declinebiggrin.png.

The Wherehouse (as stated above^) has a great selection of 60's-70's era rock music from the late (deceased) owner and mein host Martin. Other bars sporadically play the type of music the OP enjoys.

Probably better off with an iPod, tbh. biggrin.png

It has been a while since i have been there but what about the Bulldog on Sukhumvit road. Spent quite a few nights there. Is it still there?

It is still there but long since changed it's name to Mouth to Mouth, screaming Thai bands and overpriced drinks - not sure that is what the OP is looking for, CK Sport bar is okay on the strip, 3 in 1 bar on Payoon road as mentioned already will play what ever you want.

Thanks guys. Several weeks ago I have been to the coffee shop-bar-restaurant place in Payoon that was mentioned here. Its no doubt well constructed and clean but there was no band playing, just soccer on the TV screen. I would think there is no space for a stage anyways. I pass by regularly in the evening, just going around on my bike. I never saw a band.

Well, i am from continental Europe and we have plenty of pubs that have either been open since the 70ties of copy the atmosphere. Nothing around here comes close to that. Guess will have to look some more. Maybe the "new crossroads" (Boardwalk) will do it for me. Or i will have to settle for less than hoped for.

Anyone tried out the Thai bar with live musician (some nights) about 500 meters from Lotus towards Phala beach ? On the right side. It looks nice with the big tree covering the place. Not sure its a place where one goes alone or in group.

Thanks guys. Several weeks ago I have been to the coffee shop-bar-restaurant place in Payoon that was mentioned here. Its no doubt well constructed and clean but there was no band playing, just soccer on the TV screen. I would think there is no space for a stage anyways. I pass by regularly in the evening, just going around on my bike. I never saw a band.

Well, i am from continental Europe and we have plenty of pubs that have either been open since the 70ties of copy the atmosphere. Nothing around here comes close to that. Guess will have to look some more. Maybe the "new crossroads" (Boardwalk) will do it for me. Or i will have to settle for less than hoped for.

Anyone tried out the Thai bar with live musician (some nights) about 500 meters from Lotus towards Phala beach ? On the right side. It looks nice with the big tree covering the place. Not sure its a place where one goes alone or in group.

Friday and Saturday nights at the 3 in 1 bar has the band on from 8pm but i believe that this will be their last weekend there, and as yet there is no plans to replace them.

The other one you mention would be Yokzod, predominantly Thai music that is played and mostly Thai patrons but it is not too wild and the drink prices are okay.

Been to the Yok Sod bar yesterday. As you mentioned Lenny, its Thai style. As soon as i stopped my bike, 2 girls were welcoming me. Could not escape anymore. I noticed a farang and guess that he had been asked to buy a lady drink. He was the type that comes to Maptaput for a short time project, wanders in a bar/restaurant and looks quite lonely. Anyways he left early and the girl that sat with him turned out to be staff. To my surprise there was an older farang and a black guy. Later yet another farang came in with (i think) his wife and 3 young ladies. The guy only had an interest for his I-phone so i could not start a conversation. Luckily I had my wife with me or i would have been bored as well.

The singer was ok for slow Thai songs. He tried a few English ballads pretending to be playing guitar. Quite funny.

I checked 3 in 1 yesterday (a Friday) as well but no band to be seen.

Agree on yoksod but like it . I've changed my front room into a personal bar Floyd favourite band , stones , who , Metallica , you name it u tube's got it big tv , pool table , darts , karaoke just need to put in the a/c.

Then happy days.

Agree on yoksod but like it . I've changed my front room into a personal bar Floyd favourite band , stones , who , Metallica , you name it u tube's got it big tv , pool table , darts , karaoke just need to put in the a/c.

Then happy days.

Sounds good. How does a "personal bar" work ? I would think there are some practical things to consider. Who is welcome and when (unless you let people in your house all the time). Do people bring their own drinks etc. But anyways, good luck and let us know how that works out.

There is a bar in Bang Saray called Corner Bar that plays music on Wednesday nights. Its opposite the market in the Temple. Thais but play allsorts, many rock and some Thai as well. Not a girlie bar owned by I think a Brit.

• 2 months later...

The Boardwalk will have their grand opening on September 26, coming Saturday. I expect it to be a great place as it looks simple but good. Met the owner (Philippine guy) and he is down to earth, easy going. Since they will have a band, i hope this will be the place for me to hang out (they had some time for rehearsing since quitting from Crossroads)