Independence Day reception: US Embassy Bangkok apology

webfact

"His post went viral with many users criticising the embassy for being careless"

Maybe more were not criticizing.

This was gleefully shown to me by some Thai people yesterday. No criticism.

There was an additional Social Media thing, whereby the letter was doctored to show the senders' address as coming from "Pro- Thaksin, American Embassy, and address. Considered to be coming from anti-democrats.

Gleeful Thai people - was it the Shin family? Go on, you can tell us. Don't be shy now.

This 'mistake' has revealed a lot more information that would appear at first glance.

Yes indeed it does....CIA / NSA database for addresses perhaps? World PO-lice just doing their job ...again

And more likely the invitation was printed by some Thai clerk, With only one job to do. And they could not get it rite.......This is exactly why im against any local hiring of Thai people in our Embassy. .......

In your attempt to Thai bash you showed why your embassy NEEDS local staff, because a good ol' boy from "home" like yourself, can neither spell nor punctuate!

Just so you know: It's right not rite and I'm not im....

Edited by Unky Dozer

The envelope must have been addressed by the same fresh out of college bubble headed bleach blond airhead dimwit that waited on me that last time I had the misfortune of having to get a document notarized. She asked me sarcastically what on earth is a person from Kentucky doing living in Thailand. I replied what on earth is a person with an IQ of 30 doing working at the American Embassy.

Don't take it the wrong way. I'm sure what she really meant is "What is a person from Kentucky doing outside Kentucky". tongue.png

You know you might be right. I've been asked that before. biggrin.png

The envelope must have been addressed by the same fresh out of college bubble headed bleach blond airhead dimwit that waited on me that last time I had the misfortune of having to get a document notarized. She asked me sarcastically what on earth is a person from Kentucky doing living in Thailand. I replied what on earth is a person with an IQ of 30 doing working at the American Embassy.

She was related to somebody in the political hierarchy. You do not have to be smart to work in an Embassy just connected.

What was her answer?

And more likely the invitation was printed by some Thai clerk, With only one job to do. And they could not get it rite.......This is exactly why im against any local hiring of Thai people in our Embassy. .......

Your embassy is on their land in their country, same as everyone else's. You're as guilty of exceptionalism as the Thais then. And the word is spelled 'right' not 'rite'. Pretty rich coming from someone complaining about some else's ineptness.

Your embassy is on their land in their country, same as everyone else's. You're as guilty of exceptionalism as the Thais then. And the word is spelled 'right' not 'rite'. Pretty rich coming from someone complaining about some else's ineptness.

Judging by this and several similar responses, I should imagine he is in the market for a good dictionary! :)

But at least they can spell whistling.gif

Im not working in the Embassy. If all you can comprehend is a spelling mistake. Your not to brite.........;)

What was her answer?

She didn't respond. She wheeled around and disappeared. In a couple of minutes a very nice and polite black lady came to the window and helped me.

It's everywhere, we are being overrun, it's taking over the world. Thainess, the blood on stone official excuse for laziness, dumbness and stupidity.

You're being facetious of course...

This is about the US Embassy in Bangkok.

A little piece of sovereign ground that represents the country where laziness, dumbness, and stupidity are all too common and frequently encountered.

"His post went viral with many users criticising the embassy for being careless"

Maybe more were not criticizing.

This was gleefully shown to me by some Thai people yesterday. No criticism.

There was an additional Social Media thing, whereby the letter was doctored to show the senders' address as coming from "Pro- Thaksin, American Embassy, and address. Considered to be coming from anti-democrats.

bs

This 'mistake' has revealed a lot more information that would appear at first glance.

it would seem that the US embassy has labels for people in their records database - how unfortunate and quite a revelation

Of course you did tough guy....

No tough guy here. I don't take well to personal insults, that's all.

Seems like you are overly sensitive if a lady of extremely low IQ had you so riled, or perhaps you missed her joke comment...

She must have been fairly intelligent if she has grasped sarcasm....

Edited by smutcakes

Seems like you are overly sensitive if a lady of extremely low IQ had you so riled, or perhaps you missed her joke comment...

She must have been fairly intelligent if she has grasped sarcasm....

I don't think I am overly sensitive, at least I try not to be. You would have had to been there and seen her body language, sarcastic tone of her voice, rolling of the eyes and dragging out Kentucky. If she had laughed and said it in a joking manner I would have joked back with her but that wasn't the case. I've been the butt of Kentucky jokes ever since I left the US in 1994 and I find it quite amusing, as long as it's a joke. Of course this woman's IQ is above thirty but one insult deserves another one.

I don't think I am overly sensitive, at least I try not to be. You would have had to been there and seen her body language, sarcastic tone of her voice, rolling of the eyes and dragging out Kentucky. If she had laughed and said it in a joking manner I would have joked back with her but that wasn't the case. I've been the butt of Kentucky jokes ever since I left the US in 1994 and I find it quite amusing, as long as it's a joke. Of course this woman's IQ is above thirty but one insult deserves another one.

Any person in Thailand who has the ability to drag out a deep south Kentucky style accent is far more intelligent than me.

Anyway i am not serious, each to their own.

Wonder if they have a "cr@ppy sexpat no-mark" category in their classifications. Most of our embassies would want to put most of us in that bin!

Yep - the British Ambassador is a "gooner" just like you. So that's two of you.