Democracy activists warned to be careful

webfact

Bang on cue, a label calling anti Junta posters as Thaksin Trolls..

Dear Rametindallas,

Just in case you're confused, Thaksin is a Grade A sphincter muscle, who doesn't deserve he attention he gets, but it's people like you who constantly keep him in the limelight. The PTP are not the ideal party to run the country either, but that is down to the electorate, and if they should chose the PTP over any other useless party, dry your eyes, and get over it. The Junta are far from the saviours of the country, I do not trust them, nor do I no longer think that Prayuth is the answer..

That sir does not make me a Thaksin Troll, what it makes you sir is an incredibly narrow minded, very opinionated bitter person, we ALL want a better Thailand, but if you cannot see that the common denominator in all the coups since the 1930's is indeed the Military stepping outside their lane, then that's your own problem. You may not agree it's the best solution, but you're a very prominent Junta cheerleader, why any Westerner would do this is beyond me, but that's their choice, just like it's the Thai electorates choice to put whoever they want in power, I'm sure they're extremely concerned about your views, and will take all your opinions on board, and address them, or maybe, they will treat your posts like farts in the wind.. but at the end of the day, your points and opinions good and bad, are about as relevant as ice to eskimos!! .

Best Regards

Fat Haggis,

Thaksin hater and anti Junta persona non grata in Thailand

"It's normal that when there's a government, there will be an opposition. We just have to ensure fair play.........."

Yes. especially if you take the country over with the Military against the will of the Majority and Government. Funny how some people get all precious about such things

Oh come on EP, are you not tired of beating that tired old tune on the tired old drum ? Your posts are starting ? to sound like they are coming out of the same little red book that some of your cronies are also quoting from. Can you not come up with some original material ? It has got to the stage that when I see your name at the top of a quote I can almost guess what is written below.

Read your last 20 or so comments and compare them if you don't believe me.

And if that fails have a look at the red fans who "liked" your comment, and read their last 20 or so comments. They are all the same mate ! Almost like the same person wrote them...................thumbsup.gif

They may do , started work in Singapore , dont care what happens in Thailand anymone ;0)

Some of the announcements are crass and beyond irony ,Come on , you've got to see that. He's on about keeping the Opposition happy and fair play and they deposed the existing government in a coup I know its probably tedious to repeat it .But Dictatorships thrive on apathy mate, To be honest I'm Juntered out and cant be arsed to get involved in many "Discussions".. Im normally fine until I come on here and get all depressed and annoyed. I suppose thats why many people do not talk about politics ect with their mates. Anyway , I'm enjoying Singapore , weathers about 30 ish , not roasting like Thailand and i shall be playing football in the veterans footy in Penang at the weekend. Hard life ecet ect biggrin.png

Edited by ExPratt

If I had a choice, I wouldn't want to be ruled by a military government BUT, Yingluck's Thaksin's PTP had a mandate and could have brought positive change to Thailand, Instead, they robbed the country blind and tried to amnesty themselves and the Paymaster as well. How selfish. At that point, the military became more than acceptable. I look on them as saviors of Thailand. Thailand is extremely fortunate to have an intelligent, thoughtful, considerate, and honest man as the current PM Prayut is.

Yingluck Thaksin democracy brought Thailand 700 billion Baht of bad rice (off budget to avoid constitutional restrictions on government spending) which nearly bankrupted the BAAC, cut the budget of the NACC by 60%, tried to borrow 3.2 trillion Baht (again, off-budget with no oversight) for High Speed Passenger service to haul produce and Toyota cars to market, tried to change the constitution so that the cabinet could approve foreign treaties without need of consent from Parliament, tried to ram un-thought-out flood projects through with no EIAs or proper public input, bought cheap tablets for 6 and 7 year olds who had no real use for them at the expense of subsidizing school uniforms for the poor, broke ground on a grandiose new parliament building that is way behind schedule, tried to build a very expensive dam which wasn't needed, tried to amnesty all politicians' crimes since 2004, first car scheme that further choked Bangkok traffic and put more people in debt, divided Thailand into northern and southern interests, created more class warfare/hate/envy, and on and on. All very DEMOCRATIC.

The Yingluck Thaksin democracy did nothing to stop land encroachment, did nothing to eliminate human trafficking, did nothing to eliminate high-level police corruption, did nothing for any but RICE farmers, did nothing to modernize the civil aviation sector, did nothing to cut down on the taxi/MC taxi mafia, did nothing when SRT was having weekly derailments, did nothing to cut down inflation, did nothing to improve the education system, et cetera, et cetera because they were too busy with schemes to take taxpayers money and put it in their own off-shore bank accounts.

Can any of you Thaksin trolls name some good things the democratic Yingluck Thaksin government did? I can't think of any. C'mon, help me out.

Whilst I agree with the thrust of your post, you can blame Taksin and his nest of vipers for one coup, perhaps even two, but seventeen is a stretch ...coffee1.gif

Come on, that post from dallas is a troll post. Hello, universal health care scheme AKA the 30 Baht health care scheme? Who envisioned that? Oh of course, that's evil, because government "interfering" in the free market to create "socialized medicine" is inherently communist.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't want to be ruled by a military government BUT, Yingluck's Thaksin's PTP had a mandate and could have brought positive change to Thailand, Instead, they robbed the country blind and tried to amnesty themselves and the Paymaster as well. How selfish. At that point, the military became more than acceptable. I look on them as saviors of Thailand. Thailand is extremely fortunate to have an intelligent, thoughtful, considerate, and honest man as the current PM Prayut is.

Yingluck Thaksin democracy brought Thailand 700 billion Baht of bad rice (off budget to avoid constitutional restrictions on government spending) which nearly bankrupted the BAAC, cut the budget of the NACC by 60%, tried to borrow 3.2 trillion Baht (again, off-budget with no oversight) for High Speed Passenger service to haul produce and Toyota cars to market, tried to change the constitution so that the cabinet could approve foreign treaties without need of consent from Parliament, tried to ram un-thought-out flood projects through with no EIAs or proper public input, bought cheap tablets for 6 and 7 year olds who had no real use for them at the expense of subsidizing school uniforms for the poor, broke ground on a grandiose new parliament building that is way behind schedule, tried to build a very expensive dam which wasn't needed, tried to amnesty all politicians' crimes since 2004, first car scheme that further choked Bangkok traffic and put more people in debt, divided Thailand into northern and southern interests, created more class warfare/hate/envy, and on and on. All very DEMOCRATIC.

The Yingluck Thaksin democracy did nothing to stop land encroachment, did nothing to eliminate human trafficking, did nothing to eliminate high-level police corruption, did nothing for any but RICE farmers, did nothing to modernize the civil aviation sector, did nothing to cut down on the taxi/MC taxi mafia, did nothing when SRT was having weekly derailments, did nothing to cut down inflation, did nothing to improve the education system, et cetera, et cetera because they were too busy with schemes to take taxpayers money and put it in their own off-shore bank accounts.

Can any of you Thaksin trolls name some good things the democratic Yingluck Thaksin government did? I can't think of any. C'mon, help me out.

Whilst I agree with the thrust of your post, you can blame Taksin and his nest of vipers for one coup, perhaps even two, but seventeen is a stretch ...coffee1.gif

Please point out where, in my post, I defended any coup except the most recent one against the remnants of the Yingluck government. Otherwise you are mis-characterizing my post and that is dishonest.

p.s. there was hardly enough of her government left to administer the country after she dissolved Parliament and everyone, except the cabinet, lost their 'caretaker' status. Also, Yingluck and two of her cabinet were impeached; not much to overthrow, really

BTW, the fugitive, felon, ex PM Thaksin's name is spelled with a 'h'; it is not the same name as an earlier King of Thailand, Taksin the Great who developed the Thai alphabet we use today. Go to Phitsanulok and see the museum and large statue of him.

Edited by rametindallas

Dear Rametindallas,

Just in case you're confused, Thaksin is a Grade A sphincter muscle, who doesn't deserve he attention he gets, but it's people like you who constantly keep him in the limelight. The PTP are not the ideal party to run the country either, but that is down to the electorate, and if they should chose the PTP over any other useless party, dry your eyes, and get over it. The Junta are far from the saviours of the country, I do not trust them, nor do I no longer think that Prayuth is the answer..

That sir does not make me a Thaksin Troll, what it makes you sir is an incredibly narrow minded, very opinionated bitter person, we ALL want a better Thailand, but if you cannot see that the common denominator in all the coups since the 1930's is indeed the Military stepping outside their lane, then that's your own problem. You may not agree it's the best solution, but you're a very prominent Junta cheerleader, why any Westerner would do this is beyond me, but that's their choice, just like it's the Thai electorates choice to put whoever they want in power, I'm sure they're extremely concerned about your views, and will take all your opinions on board, and address them, or maybe, they will treat your posts like farts in the wind.. but at the end of the day, your points and opinions good and bad, are about as relevant as ice to eskimos!! .

Best Regards

Fat Haggis,

My dear, Fat Haggis, let me go on record as stating that I have never thought of you as a Thaksin Troll nor have I called you one in any of my posts. I don't think I have ever labeled everyone who is anti-Junta a Thaksin troll, either. Please don't self-identify as one now. You are never inflammatory and your posts are clearly written with thought and I respect your position.

Thaksin trolls defend Thaksin and make trollish posts like, "Yingluck has more intelligence in her little finger than the whole current Junta". You are not a troll. If someone has called you a Thaksin troll, please don't conflate them with me. Best wishes, Rametindallas.

p.s. Just so you know, I only support the Junta because the previous government was perverting democracy beyond recognition and, IMO, was driving the country into the ground not to mention paving the way for Thaksin's whitewashed return.

Come on, that post from dallas is a troll post. Hello, universal health care scheme AKA the 30 Baht health care scheme? Who envisioned that? Oh of course, that's evil, because government "interfering" in the free market to create "socialized medicine" is inherently communist.

Hello, universal health care scheme AKA the 30 Baht health care scheme? Who envisioned that?

The Democrat Party is who envisioned that. Thaksin had the votes to actually put into law. But don't let history/facts stop you from distorting both.

Dear Rametindallas,

Best Regards

Fat Haggis,

My dear, Fat Haggis, let me go on record as stating that I have never thought of you as a Thaksin Troll nor have I called you one in any of my posts. I don't think I have ever labeled everyone who is anti-Junta a Thaksin troll, either. Please don't self-identify as one now. You are never inflammatory and your posts are clearly written with thought and I respect your position.

Thaksin trolls defend Thaksin and make trollish posts like, "Yingluck has more intelligence in her little finger than the whole current Junta". You are not a troll. If someone has called you a Thaksin troll, please don't conflate them with me. Best wishes, Rametindallas.

p.s. Just so you know, I only support the Junta because the previous government was perverting democracy beyond recognition and, IMO, was driving the country into the ground not to mention paving the way for Thaksin's whitewashed return.

Thank you sir. I'm humbled and very appreciative of your reply I doft my cap to you as I have no descent smileys on my phone to offer you a wai ?

Dear Rametindallas,

Best Regards

Fat Haggis,

To borrow the trial winning line from the film 'A Time To Kill' - 'Now, imagine she's they're white'.

Edited by dageurreotype

Our democracy had foundered on the shoals of violence and recrimination.

We stepped in to restore Peace and Order.

We are carefully and slowly restoring democracy.

That is why you may not gather and celebrate democracy.

This is called reconciliation.

You must reconcile yourself to our point of view.

Except for you guys with nicknames on Facebook. We're a bit flummoxed about that.

wai.gif

Yingluck's version of reconciliation was to pardon all political crime since 2004 including white washing Thaksin's crimes. The non-radical wing of the UDD and intelligent people really couldn't relate to two; reconciliation = pardons for crooked politicians.

There is nothing so tiresome as a humorless ideologue.

Coming from you, that is heart-warming. Are you sure that doesn't apply to you, also?

I'm pretty sure it does not apply. whistling.gif

I don't wish to hurt your feelings, but no one with both feet planted in reality can take someone who references the fringe extremist wacko Ron Paul from Texas USA seriously.

Hello, universal health care scheme AKA the 30 Baht health care scheme? Who envisioned that?

The Democrat Party is who envisioned that. Thaksin had the votes to actually put into law. But don't let history/facts stop you from distorting both.

No. The Democrat Party did not envision the 30 Baht program.

The initiative arose in 2000 in the run up to the 2001 election. Activists and reform minded civil servants in the MoPH wanted to address the 18million+ people who were not covered under one of the existing options in Thailand. The UC option gathered momentum as NGOs pushed for the option. The Democrats were not enthused because they had to deal with serious economic issues and were cutting expenditures.

It was the Thai Rak Thai (TRT) Party which campaigned on UC. It used the slogan “30 baht treat all diseases” and this was a cornerstone of its election platform. The Democrat party did not campaign on this policy.

Here's a timeline

Jan 2001 Election of Thaksin Shinawatra government

Feb 2001 Policy declaration in the parliament – official announcement of UC policy

Apr 2001 Phase 1: Implement the 30 bath program in 6 provinces

Jun-Oct 2001 Phase 2: Expansion of the 30 baht program to 15 provinces with collaboration from private providers and university hospitals

Oct 2001 Phase 3: Nationwide implementation except the inner Bangkok districts

Apr 2002 Phase 4: coverage expanded to the whole country including inner Bangkok

Nov 2001-2002 Parliamentary passage of the National Health Security Act that allows the formation of National Health Security Office

as autonomous purchaser

Source: From Policy to Implementation: Historical events during 2001-2004 of Universal Coverage in Thailand (IHPP 2005)

There is nothing so tiresome as a humorless ideologue.

Coming from you, that is heart-warming. Are you sure that doesn't apply to you, also?

I'm pretty sure it does not apply. whistling.gif

I don't wish to hurt your feelings, but no one with both feet planted in reality can take someone who references the fringe extremist wacko Ron Paul from Texas USA seriously.

Coming from someone who supports the super-corrupt, fugitive, felon, ex-PM, Thaksin Shinawatra, that makes me more secure in my beliefs. Thank you.

Coming from someone who supports the super-corrupt, fugitive, felon, ex-PM, Thaksin Shinawatra, that makes me more secure in my beliefs. Thank you.

Wrong again. I am anti corruption. I support the right to a judicial process free of political interference. I also support an independent judiciary comprised of competent qualified people appointed by a government elected by the people.

If the offence is serious, the guilty party should be removed from office and subject to criminal prosecution. For example, if one encroaches on public land and/or illegally acquires land to expand a palm oil business, one should be pursued and not rewarded. If someone has a cooking show without remuneration, then one should be told to stop and not harassed.

To all you Thaksin lovers and haters please consider the reality that is Thailand. Thailand is still a FEUDAL country where loyalties and allegiancies are provided to the 'BIG BOYS' Some of these BIG BOYS are the old elites and the army whilst others are nouveau riche like Thaksin. Don't think for a moment that Thaksin is not part of the elites for he (and the clan) are just as much part of the elite as the historical elites...just came to it differently. The important thing to remember is that in a heirarchically structured society such as Thailand, you will always have these loyalties and therein lies the rub. Trying to impose a western style democracy (which holds the equality of all as a mainstay) on to this ancient feudal system is fraught with problems not the least of which is separation of judicial, executive and parliamentary powers.

So, I am no lover of Thaksin nor am I a lover of this fear driven reactionary crowd in power at the moment. But for everybody posting Thaksin is worse / better (cross out that which you don't agree with), get a grip, it is their country to stuff up as they please or rise to the challenge. I just don't think that the current lot are capable of the task at hand....mind you, neither were Abhisit or Yinglucks lot any better.

just my 2 cents worth