Expirience with Aeroflot ?

Sandman77

Just booked a flight with Aeroflot for my wife bk to farang land for 635€ the cheap quatar flights and swiss flight for 800 € was all gone within 24h !so Aeroflot was cheapest deal I found!

I never fly with Aeroflot!

Any known problems with this airline!

Ok there is a Alcohol ban on board is the airport in Moscow big?

Thx for info!

flew from the uk to mongolia via moscow with Aeroflot 15 years ago my memories are of unfriendly staff, baggage weight limits strictly enforced and worryingly old aircraft. Moscow airport was like a refugee camp. things might have changed.

No the airport is small,being a passenger in transit is a tiresome experience. cabin service is very close to having your meal slung at you card dealing style,they get you there without incident,although landing in Russia,brings on a spontaneous round of applause, from the russian passengers, i'm not sure if this a signal of glad to be home or alive!

Mrs. Dirty took them to Moscow (SVO) just a short time ago. Plane between SVO-BKK was older and worn down. The plane from St. Petersburg to Moscow was new and quite nice. Food service was reportedly not very good (and they didn't even attempt to meet her pre-ordered vegetarian meal). The stewardess displayed the same warmth the rest of the Russian culture communicates with - quite a shock when coming from the Land of Smiles going into the Land of Scowls.

Alcohol ban on a Russian airline? LOL - you just made my day.

All in all - Aeroflot isn't a first choice, but it was worth the price for a direct flight versus the upcharge and layover for the next best priced Emirates.

Mrs. Dirty took them to Moscow (SVO) just a short time ago. Plane between SVO-BKK was older and worn down. The plane from St. Petersburg to Moscow was new and quite nice. Food service was reportedly not very good (and they didn't even attempt to meet her pre-ordered vegetarian meal). The stewardess displayed the same warmth the rest of the Russian culture communicates with - quite a shock when coming from the Land of Smiles going into the Land of Scowls.

All in all - Aeroflot isn't a first choice, but it was worth the price for a direct flight versus the upcharge and layover for the next best priced Emirates.

Well I know some Russians and for me Russian culture seems to be extreme friendly...more friendly than Western Europe and USA.

But never fly Aeroflot......State owned and former state owned services are often bad.

Some fellow recently flew Berlin - Moscow - Bangkok.

He seemed relaxed about it. No horror stories.

As I understood they did not serve alcohol? (I remember him telling me!)

Seemingly to avoid drunkyards brawling (which seemed to be a regular occurance in the past).

No idea whether its the rule.

From the net.

BKK to SVO, they fly an Airbus A330-300 (333), seat pitch in economy 30 to 32.

Not for the big boys wink.png 30 is disgustng even for a medium sized European,

One user comment in SeatGuru is less than enthusiatic:

Over the summer months these flights are to be avoided. In the back the seat pitch is shocking - it's almost unworkable for the 1.8M plus people. If the seat in front reclines you will need to stand. You will not be able to see the screen with the seat in front reclined. The flights are 100% full -not a single seat vacant and the aisles are just trolley width. It's DVT waiting to happen as there is nowhere to walk at all.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Guess you need an update. wink.png

Wine is offered together with a hot lunch on the following destinations: ... <not Bangkok>
The sale of alcoholic beverages on all Aeroflot – Russian Airlines flights was suspended as of August 5, 2013.

We took the flight 2 years ago from BKK to Berlin.

The food was russian-style. Yes, it fill your stomach.

Otherwise the biggest problem was the noise from some crying children - I guess you can have this experience in any other plane.

But the bord entertainment system offered a lot of music and videos (but not as much as Emirates) and the headphones had sufficient power

Talking to the staff was not so easy, only one stewardess had some more skills in English language.

For me SVO was a little bit confusing. We had to change the terminals, the signs were not clear.

And asking someone from the ground staff for the direction - good luck if you cannot express yourself in Russian.

saving 200 Euros on the ticket - at least you have the choice. I would do it again

Just booked a flight with Aeroflot for my wife bk to farang land for 635€ the cheap quatar flights and swiss flight for 800 € was all gone within 24h !so Aeroflot was cheapest deal I found!

Thx for info!

So you put your beloved wife on an airline you've never flown to save a bit of money??

You said romance was dead??

Cheap Charlie comes to mind & another failed relationship is on the horizon

Jayzus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... Mrs. Dirty sent me a picture of the champagne she had before take-off in BKK.

I had no idea they did not offer alcohol to everyone during meal service at least - consider me updated.

There were lots of horror stories when Aeroflot when it was solely "state owned", but recent years they've really upped their game to compete in foreign markets. I'll admit they were reported (from the Mrs.) nowhere near the best, but when you can grab a cheap business class seat for little more than the cost of economy on other airlines, it was worth it.

Edited by DirtyDan

Thx for info!

So you put your beloved wife on an airline you've never flown to save a bit of money??

You said romance was dead??

Cheap Charlie comes to mind & another failed relationship is on the horizon

Jayzus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman, failed relationship ? Sandman is a failed relationship smile.png

Yes, they serve no alcohol. At least in coach to BKK..

Yes, the service is is kind of rushed and casual. Try asking for water with you meal.

No, Moscow airport is not small, you can find yourself walking a long way.

Other than that it gets you there and miles are credited.

• 4 months later...

Not cheapest at moment I found cathway pacific is cheaper at moment found 368€ go and back eu bk

But for only one month

Wife report about Aeroflot small airplane from Moscow to zurich very big and more comfortable airplane more seat space then Arabic airlines

Negative always crying baby's on board

But only one hour waiting time comparing 3 hours in Dubai