Business loans for farang

saminoz

Anyone know of any Thai banks that are able to grant loans to farang/Thai couples to purchase existing, viable businesses? We have collateral, we just need a bank to help release some of it to acquire a choice business.

Thanks for sensible replies.

whistling.gif It is theoretically possible, but be prepared to have to jump through a lot of loops to get there.

In my experience many Thai banks are very reluctant to make loans to Thai/Farang couples even with collateral to cover the loan.

This is especially true if property is involved that includes a piece of land that the property is on.

All I am saying is be prepared for many excuses about why it is "not possible".

It is possible, I have done it with a Thai partner but I have to say I was on the verge of giving up so many times and took 1 year from beginning to end.

As stated be prepared to jump through many many hoops.

SCB bank FYG.

Good luck

You need to transfer your money into your Thai partner's account to have PROVE OF INCOME for one year, run a nice statement with more than 300 T/ mo.(steady). Then the Bank will talk to her(Thai partner) or else................. Good Luck

It is possible.

I have only seen it done in Bangkok.

With a good lawyer it is easier.

It is possible to find a good lawyer.

Suggest: you only deal with professionals who are referred to you by someone you trust.

The smartest advice for investing in a business in Thailand is invest what you're willing to loose. Similar to a trip to Vegas.

I think this statement should be emphasized with bold and all caps.

The OP writes about a viable existing business. Viable maybe, risky definitely.

I wish I could list the stories (first hand knowledge) of Farang who have lost big on sure bets here in Thailand.

Archived