Phuket beach club faces Navy demolition

webfact

Phuket beach club faces Navy demolition
Nattha Thepbamrung

1435127089_1-org.jpg
The nearby Heaven Restaurant also faces demolition. Photo: Royal Thai Navy

PHUKET: -- The Nui Bay Member Club, the beach club that has already had one building demolished for being built illegally on the sand at Nui Beach, has been ordered to remove its seven other buildings by July 7.

The notices were posted at the site yesterday (June 23) by Lt Somphop Kamkana of the Royal Thai Navy and Karon Municipality Engineer Norasak Puripattarapan.

“On June 8, we sent them written notice to remove the seven buildings within 30 days,” said Mr Norasak.

“If by fail to do so, Karon Municipality along with officials from the Phuket branch of the Agricultural Land Reform Office (ALRO) and the Navy will demolish the buildings for them.”

One building was already demolished by official order earlier this year. (See story here.)

In the initial raid, the police and navy personnel arrested a member of the club’s staff who tried to flee with a gun and drug taking paraphernalia. (See story here.)

Meanwhile, Lt Sompop said yesterday that the nearby Heaven Restaurant, owned by Boonlert Tamsua, also faced demolition.

“The building was proved to have been illegally built on SorPorKor land and was ordered to be demolished in 2010,” he said.

But ALRO and Karon Municipality have yet to agree on who should demolish it, he said,.

“The municipality says they are not permitted to touch any structures on land that belongs to ALRO, while ALRO says they have no legal authority to demolish buildings,” Lt Sompop explained.

“I have asked both the municipality and ALRO to hurry up with this issue, and they are now looking inot how the building can be removed legally.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-club-faces-navy-demolition-52911.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-24

“The municipality says they are not permitted to touch any structures on land that belongs to ALRO, while ALRO says they have no legal authority to demolish buildings”

That sums up Thailand perfectly ... no one takes responsibility for anything ... I'll await the good General sending in the troops to take care of things ...

“The municipality says they are not permitted to touch any structures on land that belongs to ALRO, while ALRO says they have no legal authority to demolish buildings”

It look like a scene taken from the Dumb and dumber movie.....

not me, him, not him me, not us, they...