Thai Marriage

Hi There; I am not sure if my case is all that much different, but I am worried about leaving Thailand on my 3rd tourist visa stamp and not getting back. I am Canadian, under 50, and married my Thaigirlfriend about 6 months ago in Canada. I will be going to Malasia in a couple of weeks to try and get a non-immigrant O visa. Besides the marriage certificate is there anything else I need to take with me, or know

Thank you in advance for any helpful advice

Believe they require the marriage certificate to be translated into Thai and registered at the MFA and a copy will also be required. Copy of wife ID card is almost always required now. Copy of wife home registration may also be required and a letter saying she is expecting you to visit her. Proof of financial means may also be requested if you are interested in a multi entry type visa.

You seem on be on visa exemption stamps rather than tourist visas.

You should probably be looking for extension of stay if you plan to live here and that is going to require employment or 400k bank account.

Hi There; I am not sure if my case is all that much different, but I am worried about leaving Thailand on my 3rd tourist visa stamp and not getting back. I am Canadian, under 50, and married my Thaigirlfriend about 6 months ago in Canada. I will be going to Malasia in a couple of weeks to try and get a non-immigrant O visa. Besides the marriage certificate is there anything else I need to take with me, or know

Just got this yesterday from the embassy in Penang.Sir,

Yes, you have to bring the original marriage certificate, along with the Thai translation, alos the following:

Â

1. a photocopy of your wife's Thai passport & her Thai Identity card

2. a photocopy of your wife's Thai house hold registration certificate

3. photocopy of your passport

Â

Multiple Entry is subject to approval

Â

Thank you

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Penang

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Sep 16, 2006 1:44 AM

Besides the marriage certificate is there anything else I need to take with me, or know

If you can swing it, take your wife make it a honeymoon visa stop and with her along it is unlikely that you will have a problem considering how busy they will be in the next few of weeks. There may be some very frayed tempers in some visa offices for the next while and you can be lovey dovey through it all..:o

Ok. I have everything except the Canadian Marriage certificate translated into Thai and certified by the MoFA. Does anyone know where I can get this done in Phuket

Thanks again

ALLIANCE FRANCAISE (En / Fr / Th )

3, Pattana Soi 1, Tambon Talat Nua, Muang District, PHUKET 83000

Tel. (076) 222.988 Tel/Fax : (076) 215.115

E-mail : [email protected]

PATONG TRANSLATION CENTRE (En / Th )

95/23 Moo 4, Soi Bangla, Patong Beach , PHUKET 83000

Tel/Fax. (076) 340.873

Info from http://www.thaiinfo.be/diverseadressen.htm