AIS Fibre Super Hi Speed Internet.

Lite Beer

A tad pricey, but there's some sort of TV package too.

I just got 3BB Fiber here a couple of days ago.

Their 50 mbps service is much faster than True's putrid 100 mbps cable modem service.

But please, don't everyone on my block get it or it won't be anymore facepalm.gif

Would love to see your speed test results. Here is 3BB Fiber using Softlayer server in Singapore to compare yours to.

4460417167.png

Not bad at all. When I was in Jomtien 2 months ago, on a 30 down line I was getting throttled and only getting like 3 Mb down via True Move.

Edited by JakeSully

Got a phone call this morning to say they would be coming this afternoon to connect us up.

Got another phone call 10 minutes later saying that they will not be coming as there is no signal in our village.

This in spite of them blitzing the village with leaflets and having a stand in the market collecting sign ups,

What a bunch of cretins.

Got a phone call this morning to say they would be coming this afternoon to connect us up.

Got another phone call 10 minutes later saying that they will not be coming as there is no signal in our village.

This in spite of them blitzing the village with leaflets and having a stand in the market collecting sign ups,

What a bunch of cretins.

no signal in our village = not enough sign ups to warrant dragging in the fibre, rally the village to sign up and you will get it, slip the pu yai baan a few baht to push the villages to connect

All his means nothing if the bottle neck at Thailand's International Internet Gateway has not improved. Anyone know what the current bandwidth is at that point?

Depends much on where you connect.

Just having a big download from a German server running on another computer.

Only about 3.5 MBit/s.

When testing to US west coast (ICSI Netalyzr) I get double digit Mbit/s numbers.

All with ToT fibre.

I do not trust most of the "popular" speed tests that are published here.

Many are faked by the providers.

Such a download as described above gives you the real number.

ICSI Netalyzr not possible to fake (extensive IP test, not only download/upload).

Just checked the availability using the AIS link (http://www.ais.co.th/fibrenet/th/product_home.html) and not available my location (middle of Phuket). Very good link for the checking, has ENG language option, various ways to pick out your exact location. I am out in the sticks so used the geolocation by going to Google Earth, finding my house and then the decimal coordinates for entering into the AIS page.

@keeniau96: Using the link in your post, I got the Thai language page, and clicking on the "EN" link at the top got a "cannot find this page" error with only a link to the main AIS home page. How did you get an English page on which to input your exact location?

Just checked the availability using the AIS link (http://www.ais.co.th/fibrenet/th/product_home.html) and not available my location (middle of Phuket). Very good link for the checking, has ENG language option, various ways to pick out your exact location. I am out in the sticks so used the geolocation by going to Google Earth, finding my house and then the decimal coordinates for entering into the AIS page.

@keeniau96: Using the link in your post, I got the Thai language page, and clicking on the "EN" link at the top got a "cannot find this page" error with only a link to the main AIS home page. How did you get an English page on which to input your exact location?

The page Keeniau96 points to is an older AIS page promoting the Fibre offer.

There's a large button toward the bottom of the THAI text that links to the "Checking Coverage Area" form -- in fact, it's the exact same form that the OPs AIS link will provide under the "AIS Fibre Enrolment And Status Check" link button.

Once on the FORM Page you can select THAI or ENGLISH then proceed your way through the form.

Haven't you ever just pushed buttons just to see what they do, where they'll take you?

Live Dangerously! Why else would you be in Thailand?

So why waste our time making phone calls and making appointments for something that don't exist.

Bunch of clueless idiots

Is there any evidence that they've been running Fibre Trunk Cable anywhere in the area?

That would be the first clue they're anywhere in the area.

Never know, could be like another ThaiVisa member who actually had to take a photo of the fiber junction box near his house before CAT would believe they could provide service to him.

So why waste our time making phone calls and making appointments for something that don't exist.

Bunch of clueless idiots

@Lite Beer Sorry to hear that. Any other fiber providers in your area?

Nope. Only the regular 3BB. Not too bad.

Bunch of clueless idiots

Is there any evidence that they've been running Fibre Trunk Cable anywhere in the area?

That would be the first clue they're anywhere in the area.

Never know, could be like another ThaiVisa member who actually had to take a photo of the fiber junction box near his house before CAT would believe they could provide service to him.

No.

Looks like the leaflet distributers got a bit too enthusiastic and shoved the leaflets everywhere.

thinking that anywhere in Khon Kaen province was ok.

All his means nothing if the bottle neck at Thailand's International Internet Gateway has not improved. Anyone know what the current bandwidth is at that point?

it's curently 1.5 Terabit international and 2.3 terabit domestic .

The page Keeniau96 points to is an older AIS page promoting the Fibre offer.

There's a large button toward the bottom of the THAI text that links to the "Checking Coverage Area" form -- in fact, it's the exact same form that the OPs AIS link will provide under the "AIS Fibre Enrolment And Status Check" link button.

Once on the FORM Page you can select THAI or ENGLISH then proceed your way through the form.

Haven't you ever just pushed buttons just to see what they do, where they'll take you?

Live Dangerously! Why else would you be in Thailand?

Thanks. I pressed that big green button and got to the page you said I would. But, alas, in all of Jomtien there apparently are only two condo buildings that offer AIS Fibre, two "Lumpini..." condo projects.

Bunch of clueless idiots

Not clueless.... conniving. On the other end of the scale.

Its clear they are trying to give everyone the impression that they have Fibre nationwide when they don't. When you bit the hook, they know where the demand is.....

deceptive, but then again, thats AIS

Bunch of clueless idiots

Not clueless.... conniving. On the other end of the scale.

Its clear they are trying to give everyone the impression that they have Fibre nationwide when they don't. When you bit the hook, they know where the demand is.....

deceptive, but then again, thats AIS

Not true at all. I live out in rural Thailand in Khampaeng Phet province. I went through the AIS website and it tells me that I have 3G available but not fibrenet.

I rang the call centre and I had my GPS basemap working on my pc and also Google earth so that when the lady who spoke very good English asked me where I live I could explain and we both worked our way through to where I live. She apologised and said that it would be a couple of years yet as I live on a road taht actually goes nowhere except to Chong Yen in the Mae Wong national park.

In the 14 years since I came to live in Thailand full time I have had very few problems with AIS and have kept the same number all the way through that time.

• 2 weeks later...