Ais Fiber net plan

แพ็กเกจ Download/Upload

Baht

10/4 Mbps. 590

15/5 Mbps. 750

30/10 Mbps. 1,190

50/20 Mbps. 1,990

100/40 Mbps.3,990

Anyone got any info on the performance of it in terms of international speed compared to other local providers such as true, ,3bb,tot,cat?

http://www.ais.co.th/fibrenet/th/product_home.html

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked the link and called the call center number, there's no human there, you can only subscribe through the internet, but only the airnet, there's no way to subscribe the fibernet, either on their website, or their call center (there's no living person whom you could speak to)

I checked the link and called the call center number, there's no human there, you can only subscribe through the internet, but only the airnet, there's no way to subscribe the fibernet, either on their website, or their call center (there's no living person whom you could speak to)

What number did you call? There's always someone at 1175! They speak fairly good English too!

Although AIS International Bandwidth is scarce, so their number of customers!

50/20 and 30/10 is very tempting!

Great for cloud use!

It's great but only until you can find a way to apply for it. I only see the option of Air net while trying to apply. And by calling their thai call center numbers, no live person to speak to.

Great for cloud use!

If this is currently the case, and you'll soon be a subscriber, shouldn't you be talking the service DOWN?

For those wanting to sign up...

Try using the AIS FibreNet page, click on the APPLY link, select English if necessary, and fill in the form and see if your locations qualifies (within current coverage area). Hey, don't forget to report back here.

AIS FibreNet FAQ (only in Thai) that mentions a FibreNet Contact Center 1742 (though AIS AirNet Contact Center displays either 1172/1742 so calls may route to the same place).

Service coverage result

Your address is in the area that is on the expanded process. When your location is in coverage,

We will contact you back immediately. Thank you.

Interesting.

I live in Chiang Rai Province near the Mekong River, so almost but not quite middle of nowhere.

9 months ago TOT ran two Bundled Fiber Optic cores through our village so I ditched the flaky DSL hard line for an FTTh optical line. So much better.

But does AIS really plan to run their "Fibre" through our little village as well? And when, 2563?

AIS Fibre is setting competitive/better Speed AND Pricing

AIS Fibre -- 10/4 Mbps @ 590฿/mo

AIS Fibre -- 15/5 Mbps @ 750฿

TOT fiber 2U -- 15/1 Mbps @ 790฿

CAT ON Net -- 20/3 Mbps @ 1500฿

AIS Fibre -- 30/10 Mbps @ 1190฿

TOT fiber 2U -- 30/3 Mpbs @ 1200฿

3BB FTTx -- 30/3 Mbps @ 1200฿

CAT ON Net -- 30/5 Mbps @ 2500฿ CAT ON Net Promotion/Pricelist (Thai)

Try using the AIS FibreNet page, click on the APPLY link, select English if necessary, and fill in the form and see if your locations qualifies (within current coverage area). Hey, don't forget to report back here.

AIS FibreNet FAQ (only in Thai) that mentions a FibreNet Contact Center 1742 (though AIS AirNet Contact Center displays either 1172/1742 so calls may route to the same place).

When I click the Apply link you posted above, it takes me to an AIS website at:

https://fixedbb.ais.co.th/

I'm an existing AIS mobile customer in BKK, so when I enter in my account info, it asks me to locate my home specifically on a map and then delivers the following info about something they're calling "Super Wifi" -- whatever the heck that is. But it's pretty clearly not their Fiber service.

Produced the following service info:

post-58284-0-09095400-1415476723_thumb.j post-58284-0-37393000-1415476728_thumb.j

post-58284-0-91319000-1415476733_thumb.j post-58284-0-59471000-1415476740_thumb.j

I'm not sure, but is Super Wifi something AIS is also calling Airnet?

http://www.ais.co.th/fibrenet/th/faq-airnet.html

post-58284-0-77044200-1415478018_thumb.j

AIS FibreNet FAQ (only in Thai)

Here's an English translation of their FAQ

Q&AQ1:

What FibreNet

A:

High-speed Internet service, home network, fiber optic (Fibre Optic) transfers data at speeds up to 1,000 Mbps. Supports full multimedia. High stability without interference Installation is a breeze To fulfill the unlimited.

Q2:

What is High Speed ​​Internet

A:

Communications technology through the Internet connection speed. That can transfer large amounts of data through a fiber optic cable. Cable TV, telephone line to the residence of the customer.

Q3:

Service Highlights

A:

• fiber optic network (Fiber optic) covering the most recent and reliable.

• Offer the best technology for each area.

• Variety of packages based on usage. The value of the higher upload for uploading. Fast and Share

• Connect to the Internet from anywhere at any time AIS (FibreNet, 3G 2001 and.

AIS WiFi)

• After-sales service team and AIS SHOP FibreNet Contact Center 1742.

Q4:

With speed and package it.

A: Package Download / Upload

speed up torrent f / upload speeds up. Fee

Monthly

(THB) HOME for general use in the home

10/4 Mbps. 590 15/5 Mbps. 750 30/10 Mbps. 1,190 50/20 Mbps. 1,990 100/40 Mbps. 3,990 PROFESSIONAL with 1 Fixed IP for Small Businesses

10/4 Mbps. 2,900 15/5 Mbps. 3,400 30/10 Mbps. 5,400 50/20 Mbps. 9,000 100/40 Mbps. 15,000 Q5:

Home to the Professional package as well.

A:

Package classify into two groups by the use of the customer. 1. Home package , ideal for home use. Comes with one upload speeds for a superior competitor. (Compared to Package as well), it allows users to surf the Web, send and receive e-mail, Play Social Network, upload pictures, play games, watch VDO Streaming and Upload Video or YouTube without disruption. 2. Professional package for users of Internet cafes. Or enterprise as SMEs because this package will be Fixed IP to 1 IP to Web Server, Mail Serve Video Conference, etc. do a Full HD.

Q6:

Terms of Service FibreNet what.

A:

Package Home and Professional installation of 4,000 baht and save installation cost 4,000 baht, but if you cancel before the 12-month period either case, the Company reserves the right to restore the deduction install 4,000 baht phase wiring (FTTH wiring. total of 200 meters, VDSL dial 10 meters in length and Lan cable length 1 m), if exceeded, wiring, meter charge of 20 baht to be paid directly to the installer.

Q7:

Customers can choose Want to know tech

A:

Can not choose the technology they need. However, customers will get the best technology and suitable for the customer. Customers simply choose the speed required by the customer can check the service on. www.ais.co.th/fibrebet

Q8:

Must use the home phone number, and additional charges or not.

A:

Our service does not require a landline. With a monthly fee for using the Internet only.

• For services furnished to drag FTTH fiber optic. Into the home straight

• The Internet Condo Units FTTB fiber to the condo. And connect the

phone line enters the room Customers are home or not, it can use the AIS FibreNet.

Q9:

FiberNet services can support what.

A:

FiberNet can support applications such as Multimedia is a full house phone (Fixed line), watching TV over the Internet (IPTV), CCTV (IP Camera) etc.

Q10:

Channel subscribe

A:

Application forms are available at the AIS SHOP, Telewiz, FiberNet Website or boots in various relations.

Q11:

Not sure if the customer is in the service area can apply or not.

A:

Apply by the company To put customer data to develop a network plan for 90 days, so customers do not need a repeat. The company will contact the customer as soon as they are available in the area, if more than 90 days, customers can apply for a new one.

Q12:

FibreNet Internet can be used simultaneously by multiple machines or not.

A:

Unlimited, but the number will cause the speed reduced speed is divided by that user.

Q13:

How to ensure that the signal strength was good. And there does not come

A:

After the installation Customers can try out a package and the speed of the customer contract.

Q15:

If people take a lot of time. Speed ​​fall, right?

A:

AIS FibreNet speed falls due to a network that has better quality. Especially when compared to ADSL technology, which is limited in terms of speed of data transmission. And infrastructure is designed to support many customers.

Q16:

If it is raining or windy storm to affect the use or not?

A:

Can be used as a regular For as the rain and humidity do not affect the operation of the optical fiber.

• For home customers Internet signal is transmitted through the optical fiber to the home. So do not be disturbed

• For Condo Internet signals are transmitted through fiber optic to the condo. Connected to the telephone line

, based on building So do not bother with moisture

Q17:

Electric residential fire Will affect the organization?

A:

The device transmits Internet (DSLAM) equipment in power use. And can support up to 2-4 hours, but depending on your situation. And the customer must have a power backup. To operate continuously.

Q18:

If a customer wants to change the speed of AIS FibreNet package or not?

A:

Customers can change the speed of the package. Needs through www.ais.co.th or call 1742.

Q19:

The customer must pay for the installation and once installed or not.

A:

We will not store fixtures and equipment. With the first payment They will be sending bills to customers unless the materials to install limit. Be paid to the installation immediately.

Q20:

Customer must provide documentation on installation.

A:

Copy And signed the service on the date of installation.

• Technician to do the installation date.

technician will call the customer to Confirm appointments again Prior to the first day

carry equipment installed codecs.

Turn Signals Ready to test the package to the customer before the customer chooses to sign the contract.

• Would have received What is

Bluetooth technology based

VDSL: VDSL modem codec used. And distributing internet freedom in the customer's home.

FTTH: the codec ONU And distributing internet freedom in the customer's home.

Q21:

If a customer has a problem, the user needs to do.

A:

Contact FibreNet Contact Center Call 1742 09:00 - 24:00.

Q22:

Canceled before one year or not.

A:

The company has a promotional discount on installation charges. To customers who use up to 1 year if the service cancellation fee. The company reserves the right to recall 4,000 baht discount settings.

Q23:

The unit was then Have insurance?

A:

The device was then part of the service. Accordingly, the Company will maintain the equipment to the customer throughout the service life.

Q24:

Customers also move the device or not. The move will affect anything or not.

A:

Customers can move to a new location if the customer moves in the space provided. When you move, you will have to start the new contract period (12 months).

Q25:

The AIS 3G 2100 tethering to the posts or not.

A:

Yes AIS FibreNet provider network 3G 2100.

Q26:

Install and pay for it.

A:

Fee-based service packages that customers choose. VAT on first bill, the customer may be required to pay the daily fee (prorate 1-3 days) and if it is the wiring that exceeds customers.

Without a basic telephone service by number 1 internet users permission to use one landline number with no setup fee of 3,500 baht. Q27:

This transmitter can purchase it. Existing or already used it.

A:

Not because the device includes a 1 year contract.

Q28:

Installing a contract or a one year or two years like other systems.

A:

1 Year (12 cycle).

Q29:

If suspended temporarily to do.

A:

It is currently not possible

Q30:

Load bit or not full speed or not.

A:

But speed is dependent on the user, while at the other (Fair usage policy).

Q31:

I can not port forward (port forward: use of CCTV).

A:

Every package of FibreNet Home and Professional can be used to port forward.

Q32:

If the product does not fully meet some of the ads will run it back to me.

A:

We give customers the speed, before signing the date of installation.

Q33:

Look at the camera, can you?

A:

Have

Q34:

Internet 1 point can be used to cover long distances.

A:

300 meters from the router, but when the device is placed through walls or out to a distance of 300 meters to make the signal does not reach.

Q35:

Why the Internet is often out what to do.

A:

If you are having trouble running. Preliminary recommendations Check the availability of equipment, such as connecting cables are in good shape, not too loose or if the device was not yet available, please call 02-614-0742 or 1742, 9:00 - 24:00. .

Q36:

Slow Internet Speed ​​on why not to buy.

A:

Initially, customers can test it by Speed ​​Test Speed ​​at www.speedtest.or.th. To see the speed that has been monitoring the use of the house that are active at the same few people. Go to any website and use it as the site of Sever abroad or during peak time 18:00 -24: 00 pm. The speed at which the customer received the package may not be used.

Q37:

The Internet Not available in the entire house will be able to do it.

A:

Shank Router or front facing the direction you want the device to use it. However, if the signal did not reach the desired point. Customers must install the repeater to repeater devices that can be purchased in the store computer.

Q38:

Attached to prematurely cancel it.

A:

You can cancel before one year by paying 4,000 baht discount settings, but in the wise use of the product and can not be modified. Will be canceled without payment of special settings.

Q39:

How old you can apply for this service.

A:

17 years old

Q40:

Round it up on the option of not coming around.

A:

There are 8 rounds as AIS postpaid bill by signing and launch services between the AIS FibreNet billing cycle will be charged on the day of the service. (Also called pro-rated).

And here's the translated fine print from AIS's FibreNet webpage:

http://www.ais.co.th/fibrenet/th/product_home.html

Note

• Service speed - Transfer data sharing. The quality and speed of work depends on the amount or number of users at that time. Internet network distance between the location of the seller. The quality and performance of the device to connect. The server of the site visit. The international website May result in a lower connection speed defined in the package options.
  • During 18:00 -24: 00 pm., With the use of many services. May affect the speed of the service, as I fell.
  • Monthly fees are inclusive of 7%.

When I click the Apply link you posted above, it takes me to an AIS website at:

https://fixedbb.ais.co.th/

I'm an existing AIS mobile customer in BKK, so when I enter in my account info, it asks me to locate my home specifically on a map and then delivers the following info about something they're calling "Super Wifi" -- whatever the heck that is. But it's pretty clearly not their Fiber service.

[...]

I'm not sure, but is Super Wifi something AIS is also calling Airnet?

Yea, pretty sure SuperWiFi is probably AIS AirNet.

Try the "Apply" link again, but tell it you are a NEW Customer. See if it presents you anything different after supplying the location (Map & Written)

I checked SBN-IIG again this morning.

They have several 10Gb IP transit from various international providers in SG, including DTAG (Deutsche Telecom AG) for EU connections.

I'm willing to test it if they're willing to provide in my area in BKK.

Yea, pretty sure SuperWiFi is probably AIS AirNet.

Try the "Apply" link again, but tell it you are a NEW Customer. See if it presents you anything different after supplying the location (Map & Written)

I tried the New Customer option this afternoon, and it still took me to the AIS webpage for Airnet/Super Wifi -- not anything about fiber.

And FWIW, my home is in central BKK along Sukhumvit Road not far from one of the BTS stations -- so a very central location. Apparently, AIS fiber isn't here yet.

Last time I checked, neither was True Online, which had a very minimal fiber presence in BKK. But 3BB does seem to have strung fiber internet along my soi.

I've never checked about TOT or CAT, as I'm not really keen on relying on them as an internet customer.

Well, re AIS FibreNet, don't get too excited just yet.

In trying further this afternoon, I never did get anywhere trying to contact the FibreNet part of AIS directly, in terms of getting past their Thai recording.

So, I called the regular customer support department at the main AIS, and got an English speaking rep there, who made some inquiries to his colleagues and then called me back just now. His report: even though AIS has the FibreNet web pages posted and such, they're not actually offering/running the service ANYWHERE at present. He said they're only advertising it at present to begin garnering interest from potential future customers.

I asked the guy if he knew a timetable for a roll-out/actual launch of FibreNet, and he didn't have that information. But he did say he believed Bangkok (or some areas of it) would be first in line at the launch. He was going to pass along my contact info to the actual FibreNet staff, so perhaps I'll hear something back from them in the next few days.

BTW, the same AIS CSR guy did say that their Airnet/Super Wifi service IS widely available right now, including in my area of Bangkok. As I suspected above, the CSR guy confirmed that it does involve them mounting a small cellular antenna at your home that then feeds the cellular internet signal into your home via a cable to a home wifi router.

Interesting that AIS is going that route. I really wonder what the reliability of the cellular-delivered Internet signal is going to be compared to its cable and DSL brethren. Likewise, also wonder what kind of international internet connectivity AIS is going to have compared to competitors like True and 3BB.

Lastly, earlier in the day, I figured I'd give another call to True Online just to check on if anything had developed with their FTTH system. And according to the CSR I got on the phone, it sounds like not much has changed in the past year. The rep said True fiber wasn't widely available in Bangkok and still is limited to just a handful of upscale housing developments like Nichada Thani and a few others.

[...]

BTW, the same AIS CSR guy did say that their Airnet/Super Wifi service IS widely available right now, including in my area of Bangkok. As I suspected above, the CSR guy confirmed that it does involve them mounting a small cellular antenna at your home that then feeds the cellular internet signal into your home via a cable to a home wifi router.

Interesting that AIS is going that route. I really wonder what the reliability of the cellular-delivered Internet signal is going to be compared to its cable and DSL brethren. Likewise, also wonder what kind of international internet connectivity AIS is going to have compared to competitors like True and 3BB.

AIS AirNET Wireless Data connection isn't made over mobile/cellular frequencies, but the system 'shares' the same Internet Backhaul Infrastructure used by 3G/LTE Mobile Internet Data on the same tower.

Actually, AIS AirNETuses the same frequency spectrum as consumer WiFi, 2.4GHz or 5GHz, but can communicate over greater distances by utilizing modified protocols and specially tweaked Router/Radio-Transceiver/Directional-Antenna package.

They create Point-to-Point Radio Data Links (sometimes up to 15km, or 25+ with external highly directional antenna) between a specially equipped TOWER using a Multi-Point Antenna Array and individual Consumer Premise Equipment (a router stuck up on a pole).

AIS AirNET is generally reserved for locations where traditional hard-wire links have yet to or are difficult to deploy. Unfortunately, each AirNET tower antenna can only serve a small set of users before the deployment is maxed out.

I did some reverse traceroutes to sbn.co.th (AIS iig parent) yesterday.

Results were awful.

Although they have several 10G links in Singapore, they tend to use C&W (French ISP) more frequently than the others. That results in higher pings to most locations.

I did see NTT once or twice and thats it.

Either they don't have all these uplinks or they are not configured because their network is running at 10-20% capacity due to low volume of users.

3bb performed much better in pings in my test, despite the fact that they rely on Cat (10Gbit) link more than their several 1Gbit links (so in total, they have very limited international connectivity)

Too bad, I had my hopes high for AIS.

Btw, ping is important for me because of VOIP / Viber / Skype etc.

Download speed could be high, but throughtput alone is not enough.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for Single Home to buy recently in another place. I always ask what sort of Internet connection (non-dsl) to the sales lady. Most of them have (or will have in future) True Docsis and 3BB FTTx.

I visited Ananda Similan Reef (north of Swampy Airport) last and I noticed a pamplet.

AIS Fiber (not Airnet) and shows prices and a phone number.

It seems AIS Fiber is deploying to selected housing projects. It may spread enough in a year I guess.

Oddly enough I called 1175 yesterday and they told me to call 1185 for fibrenet or 1742 for airnet.

I called 1185 and the recorded message said that all their operators were busy and please leave my mobile number for a call back. Callback they did 20 minutes later from 1742 and we talked through it but where I live in Thailand there is no 3G for airnet until next year and fibrenet is not available here either until next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great for cloud use!

I feel like I have to change my statement.

SBN-IIG has several 10GB connections (IP Transit) and peerings and available International BW is higher than before. Of course I'm not sure if they utilize all of them or not. I usually see they use HGC Hong Kong and TWGATE links most of the time.

I wish somebody with ais fibre net provided some real ping / speed tests in TV forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having Fibrenet installed on Wednesday, it seems AIS snagged FTTB (VDSL) access to the apartment building I'm moving into. The application process has been extraordinarily painless and very quick thus far - I applied online, and within a couple of hours I received a phone call offering an appointment for installation the next day.

Apartment dwellers can check if they have access by visiting https://fixedbb.ais.co.th/ and choosing province/district/subdistrict. If your building appears in the dropdown list, it has FTTB. (If it doesn't, TrueOnline might, its coverage checker is at at http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/eform ). FWIW, it seems FTTB deployments have accelerated significantly over the past few months - both companies seem to have a lot more buildings available, even dodgy ones in not particularly nice areas of Bangkok).

Finally if your building is of a decent size, doesn't have a True monopoly on phone lines and doesn't yet have FTTB, you might want to speak to the juristic person and suggest that if True comes knocking AIS might be the better choice. (VDSL DSLAMS from different companies can't easily coexist in the same building, and at higher speeds AIS seems to be offering a better service for half the price).

Will post speedtest results once I'm up and running.

I'm having Fibrenet installed on Wednesday, it seems AIS snagged FTTB (VDSL) access to the apartment building I'm moving into. The application process has been extraordinarily painless and very quick thus far - I applied online, and within a couple of hours I received a phone call offering an appointment for installation the next day.

Apartment dwellers can check if they have access by visiting https://fixedbb.ais.co.th/ and choosing province/district/subdistrict. If your building appears in the dropdown list, it has FTTB. (If it doesn't, TrueOnline might, its coverage checker is at at http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/eform ). FWIW, it seems FTTB deployments have accelerated significantly over the past few months - both companies seem to have a lot more buildings available, even dodgy ones in not particularly nice areas of Bangkok).

Finally if your building is of a decent size, doesn't have a True monopoly on phone lines and doesn't yet have FTTB, you might want to speak to the juristic person and suggest that if True comes knocking AIS might be the better choice. (VDSL DSLAMS from different companies can't easily coexist in the same building, and at higher speeds AIS seems to be offering a better service for half the price).

Will post speedtest results once I'm up and running.

Please make detailed speed tests. Also make some download tests (single connection, 10 connections etc) for us.

I am in Bangkok. The result is:

Your address is in the area that is on the expanded process.When your location is in coverage,
We will contact you back immediately.Thank you.

The TRUE is also unavailable in my area.

Apartment dwellers can check if they have access by visiting https://fixedbb.ais.co.th/ and choosing province/district/subdistrict. If your building appears in the dropdown list, it has FTTB. (If it doesn't, TrueOnline might, its coverage checker is at at http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/eform ).

Kudos to AIS for actually having a functional English web page to check. True, not so much.

Following. What package did you go for someoneelse?

Did i get it correct that its VDSL and not fiber?

For whatever reason, some providers will run Fiber Optic to the building, but NOT UP. So the Fiber Optic service is 'converted' to VDSL and delivered the rest of the way over copper wire. Should work just the same (actually better since the DSL service isn't exposed to elements/weather.

Archived