Most ridiculous replacement part ever?

i ordered most of the seperate parts for a Honda Jazz tool kit (except for #4)

post-70604-0-34668100-1435303735_thumb.j

i didn't receive an itemised list but at about 660 Baht i think it wasn't expensive. when i went to pick it up i knew #5 was missing (the sleeve for #4 eyelet), so the woman serving me went out the back again to look around. i was expecting the sleeve to be made out of rubber or vinyl but this is what i got; i think she was embarrassed to give it to me.

post-70604-0-93285200-1435303770_thumb.j

yes, the 'part' is bubble wrap! Even if i paid 10 Baht for it, i feel i was ripped off! laugh.png

With hindsight looking at the parts book drawing i can now see the bubbles, so guess i can't complain too much! rolleyes.gif

Honda is great a piecing together instead of package/assemblies.....all at primo per unit cost.....

My wife had them order the tubes for the windshield washers at their recommendation 1100b for what I could have gotten for 100-200b or less elsewhere......I installed.....

I remember when we ( In England ) , finally went "Metric" , and we had to get the boxs of old "imperial" spark-plug and valve gaps part exchanged for the new Metric sizings . Cost us a fortune , for not much ! . facepalm.gifwhistling.gif .

Honda is great a piecing together instead of package/assemblies.....all at primo per unit cost.....

My wife had them order the tubes for the windshield washers at their recommendation 1100b for what I could have gotten for 100-200b or less elsewhere......I installed.....

I love the way they offer piecing, you can get just about ANY part individually where as on contrast my Rx8 requires purchasing most everything as a package I.E. the low water sensor in the over flow tank goes bad (and they do quite often) you have to purchase an entire new tank at $125 for a $15 sensor since it is not serviceable. On the other hand when I built my Integra for racing I was able to order virtually any individual piece I needed instead of spending big bucks for an entire unit. One big exception was the front head light assembly which is one piece and expensive and being on the business end of the car required replacement all too often because the brackets that hold it were small and flimsy and broke really easily with the least bit of contact.

When Mazda introduced Rotary I took the plunge.They set in those Days a Benchmark as to what a Guarantee means. Oh it's bust, sorry , use this one. No talking,

No <deleted>,what's changed these these Days. Only Honda seem to try here like the old Days Fordare a Joke out of Bkk

When Mazda introduced Rotary I took the plunge.They set in those Days a Benchmark as to what a Guarantee means. Oh it's bust, sorry , use this one. No talking,

No <deleted>,what's changed these these Days. Only Honda seem to try here like the old Days Fordare a Joke out of Bkk

You're right Ace, they've really taken the dump with the Rx8, there are sooo many issues it's so un-Mazda like, strangely though the car is really appealing both with looks and performance and once you drive that silky smooth rotary it really hooks you and the MX5 is a much better built car and is a hoot to drive, but warrantee? They should have had multiple recalls on the Rx8 which BTW has Takata air bags too, but they had to extend the warrantee on the engines for an additional 100,000 miles or to 10 years which ever but even many of the rebuilt replacement engines were junk as well some only getting 30 to 50,000 miles out of them. It is not really the engines fault, rotary's need to breathe and the emission control doesn't allow them to do that so they have been choked down so much that carbon builds up and then air backs up and it's all down hill from there, it's one vicious circle that does the engine in finally. A usually bullet proof engine has seal failure and one thing leads to another and soon it's done, it's a shame. On the up side as a race car the engine is bullet proof and strong, remove all the emissions nonsense and you have a winning chassis and engine combination that is as cost effective as one can get in motorsports and that's my next project already working on.

Archived