Officials accused of graft want to know why they were shown the door

Lite Beer

That's not answering the question deerhunter, that's answering it from their perspective, how would you feel if it was YOU who was suspended without any reason?

How would you react if you were still suspended and accused of something you didn't do? You'd be like everyone else who has done nothing wrong, you'd be irate!!

Those who have participated will keep quiete I've seen this a million times, mass punishments seldom work, it just alienates people, happend on my contract today infect.

Accusations flying, tempers rose, totally counterproductive. The guilty will know themselves and will say nothing, and the innocent will vent their anger and frustrations, it's simple human nature that's all.

Haggis, you seem to miss the point, they are just taken out of the office so an investigation can be done to either clear their name or find evidence against then.

In a later stage if there is evidence it will be presented to them and they can defend against it in a court.

Could you tell me if in your beloved UK they transfer people out during investigations and can you also tell me if the police always tells the suspects what evidence they already have and what they are looking for or do they keep their mouth shut and do their investigation and only talk when needed to keep the advantage.

Your remark of being angry when innocent is true.. id go crazy if something like that happened but would accept it and not worry because I know nothing could be found. People react different to this some who are guilty would act innocent with all the skills of an Oscar winner.

I cant answer for the UK, but I can describe what is typical in the US.

A confidential investigation is launched.

If there is peliminary evidence, the matter isreferred to the police. In corruption cases, the police will almost always refer the decision on next steps to a District Attorney.

Still in confidence, further investigation may be done by the D.A.

When there is enough evidence to support an indictment, the matter may be referred to a Grand Jury.

At some point in this process, depending on the strength of evidence and some risk factors (flight risk, ongoing harm, etc.) the suspect will be arrested and charged with a crime.

After arrest, the investigation may expand and further charges may be filed.

Only at the time of arrest will actions such as a job suspension be contemplated.

Of course individual agencies can have their own internal processes for uncovering corruption or other transgressions, but as soon as they perceive that a law has been broken, then a call to the police or D.A. is in order.

This is all designed to avoid defamation, unfair punishment and false arrest.

I think the Thai process is a bit scrambled.

I also understand the integrity of the police is highly questionable.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is peliminary evidence, the matter isreferred to the police. In corruption cases, the police will almost always refer the decision on next steps to a District Attorney.

When there is enough evidence to support an indictment, the matter may be referred to a Grand Jury.

At some point in this process, depending on the strength of evidence and some risk factors (flight risk, ongoing harm, etc.) the suspect will be arrested and charged with a crime.

Only at the time of arrest will actions such as a job suspension be contemplated.

Of course individual agencies can have their own internal processes for uncovering corruption or other transgressions, but as soon as they perceive that a law has been broken, then a call to the police or D.A. is in order.

TIT. And while the US method is interesting, many people believe it has deficiencies, including Americans. This may surprise you, but one of the main points of deficiency is the number of elected people in the justice system, who may be influenced by financial or political pressure.

Simple answer is they should accept that they have done wrong and go quietly.

Or they can appeal whereby a review of the allegations will take place while they are suspended and if there is sufficient evidence they should charged with the reinvent offences and let the courts deal with them.

That's not answering the question deerhunter, that's answering it from their perspective, how would you feel if it was YOU who was suspended without any reason?

How would you react if you were still suspended and accused of something you didn't do? You'd be like everyone else who has done nothing wrong, you'd be irate!!

Those who have participated will keep quiete I've seen this a million times, mass punishments seldom work, it just alienates people, happend on my contract today infect.

Accusations flying, tempers rose, totally counterproductive. The guilty will know themselves and will say nothing, and the innocent will vent their anger and frustrations, it's simple human nature that's all.

Haggis, you seem to miss the point, they are just taken out of the office so an investigation can be done to either clear their name or find evidence against then.

In a later stage if there is evidence it will be presented to them and they can defend against it in a court.

Could you tell me if in your beloved UK they transfer people out during investigations and can you also tell me if the police always tells the suspects what evidence they already have and what they are looking for or do they keep their mouth shut and do their investigation and only talk when needed to keep the advantage.

Your remark of being angry when innocent is true.. id go crazy if something like that happened but would accept it and not worry because I know nothing could be found. People react different to this some who are guilty would act innocent with all the skills of an Oscar winner.

Are you sure not lying a bit to defend the red cause ?

I think you are and you know hit. Else how to explain why these police officers are suspended during investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/21/report-video-show-baltimore-man-who-died-spinal-injury-was-arrested-without/

this newsarticle says it suspends the police during the investigation (so they cant influence the investigation). Seems to be on par with what they do in ther est of the world

Baltimore's mayor, police officials, and prosecutor sought to calm their city Monday, while six officers were suspended as authorities investigated how a suspect suffered a fatal spine injury in police custody last week.

will be interesting to see how many get transferred back to their original position/jobs if found not guilty.

Edited by LuckyNo4

will be interesting to see how many get transferred back to their original position/jobs if found not guilty

Finally someone with the sense to move aside the who can hide, destroy and harry any investigation. This is absolutely the correct way to proceed. These people are Civil Servants and do not have a right to stay in any position for life. They can be moved at will. They are not accused of anything - that will come after the investigation and no point to tell them as they will then use their contacts to interfere with any documents relating to the accused charge.

Why everyone is supporting their protestations is nothing but using an opportunity of political comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk