Anyone know of the Walker Foot Clinic?

Saan

I think the clinic is run by Dirk Weeber and he has had a foot clinic in Chiang Mai for some years. At least the address is the same.

I'm trying to find someone who can make orthopedic inner soles. Is there anyone in Chiang Mai who does that?

I think the clinic is run by Dirk Weeber and he has had a foot clinic in Chiang Mai for some years. At least the address is the same.

I'm trying to find someone who can make orthopedic inner soles. Is there anyone in Chiang Mai who does that?

Try

WWW.tanawatclinic.com

It is not cheap. I paid 3,000 baht and had to leave the shoes with him for about three weeks. It was a walk in clinic after 5:00PM. Folk Guitar knows a person who works with feet and he has had excellent service from him. Hopefully he will chip in here with the information.

I see it is in Thai but it does give his hours. If you need directions I can help with them as it is fairly easy to find.

Edited by northernjohn

I've been using Dirk Weeber's "Podology Center" for foot care for the past, oh... about two years now. At the beginning of my treatments (basically for ingrown nails and foot balance,) Dirk did all the work. But he was being treated for Cancer at the time, which has unfortunately progressed, and he his no longer able to see clients. His partner in the clinic, a Thai man named Wittipoon, has taken over all the food care needs, and is doing every bit as good a job as Dirk did. Both were trained at the same school in Germany, a 5-year training course leading to what we in the US would call a Master's Degree in the field of Podology.

Dirk told me at the onset of my treatments that it would take roughly one year to get all the corrections completed. It took my 68 years to screw up my feet, with about 30 of those years kicking wooden poles, wooden and plastic boards, and people (martial arts,) wearing incorrect shoes, etc., etc. and he said it would not be an overnight change to bring them back to what they should be. He spent hours pulling various wooden splinters, cloth, stones, and plastic splinters out from under my nails. I never even realized they were there, but that's what was screwing up the growth pattern. It wasn't fun, but at the same time, it didn't require anesthetic (even though I really am a wimp when it comes to pain...)

He was correct. Eventually, with monthly sessions, it was all cleaned out and the nails growing in the right direction again. Then it was time for custom made orthotic insoles to be made. The clinic has a special machine which measures the balance and contact pressure of each foot, and gives a printout of what needs to be done to correct it. Two weeks later the insoles arrived, I put them in my shoes, and have been using them for the past year. I now re-visit the clinic about once every 4-6 weeks to let them cut the nails and check to be sure all is still going well. In fact, I have an appointment this coming Friday.

I have had 5 different orthotic insoles made in three different countries. Each clinic used a different method to evaluate needs and produce insoles. There are always two or more ways to approach a problem, and everyone has their own preferred method. Each time I've had a different method used I've tried to keep an open mind about the results. Once, in Japan, I wasn't happy with the results. The method that Weeber's clinic used was very different, but the results are quite satisfactory, and I wear the insoles for daily walking and for specialized sports. I'm happy with 'em!

I can, and will, without reservation say that I have received excellent foot care from this clinic, from being picked up at my home in Chiang Mai and driven to and from the clinic in Doi Saket, the care and treatment that I received while at the clinic, and the clear and concise information I was given about what was needed, how long it would take, and how much it would cost. Dirk made some seemingly far-fetched claims when we first began, but made good on every single one of them!

But let me make one caveat: this clinic is NOT a surgical hospital. If you have special needs (i.e. are diabetic, hemophiliac, etc., etc.,) then make that perfectly clear before any treatments. If they feel that their treatment 'might' create problems, they will tell you up front. They are NOT going to experiment where your health is concerned. These folk know their business, and their business is foot care. I don't want to violate and forum rules by posting the phone number here. If a MOD says it's OK to do so, I will. If not, and if you want their phone number, send me a PM and I'll be happy to share it with you.

Edited by FolkGuitar

The link is not valid. Does anyone have a link to the clinic? I am most interested.

Try

WWW.tanawatclinic.com

It is not cheap. I paid 3,000 baht and had to leave the shoes with him for about three weeks. It was a walk in clinic after 5:00PM. Folk Guitar knows a person who works with feet and he has had excellent service from him. Hopefully he will chip in here with the information.

I see it is in Thai but it does give his hours. If you need directions I can help with them as it is fairly easy to find.

I've been using Dirk Weeber's "Podology Center" for foot care for the past, oh... about two years now. At the beginning of my treatments (basically for ingrown nails and foot balance,) Dirk did all the work. But he was being treated for Cancer at the time, which has unfortunately progressed, and he his no longer able to see clients. His partner in the clinic, a Thai man named Wittipoon, has taken over all the food care needs, and is doing every bit as good a job as Dirk did. Both were trained at the same school in Germany, a 5-year training course leading to what we in the US would call a Master's Degree in the field of Podology.

Dirk told me at the onset of my treatments that it would take roughly one year to get all the corrections completed. It took my 68 years to screw up my feet, with about 30 of those years kicking wooden poles, wooden and plastic boards, and people (martial arts,) wearing incorrect shoes, etc., etc. and he said it would not be an overnight change to bring them back to what they should be. He spent hours pulling various wooden splinters, cloth, stones, and plastic splinters out from under my nails. I never even realized they were there, but that's what was screwing up the growth pattern. It wasn't fun, but at the same time, it didn't require anesthetic (even though I really am a wimp when it comes to pain...)

He was correct. Eventually, with monthly sessions, it was all cleaned out and the nails growing in the right direction again. Then it was time for custom made orthotic insoles to be made. The clinic has a special machine which measures the balance and contact pressure of each foot, and gives a printout of what needs to be done to correct it. Two weeks later the insoles arrived, I put them in my shoes, and have been using them for the past year. I now re-visit the clinic about once every 4-6 weeks to let them cut the nails and check to be sure all is still going well. In fact, I have an appointment this coming Friday.

I have had 5 different orthotic insoles made in three different countries. Each clinic used a different method to evaluate needs and produce insoles. There are always two or more ways to approach a problem, and everyone has their own preferred method. Each time I've had a different method used I've tried to keep an open mind about the results. Once, in Japan, I wasn't happy with the results. The method that Weeber's clinic used was very different, but the results are quite satisfactory, and I wear the insoles for daily walking and for specialized sports. I'm happy with 'em!

I can, and will, without reservation say that I have received excellent foot care from this clinic, from being picked up at my home in Chiang Mai and driven to and from the clinic in Doi Saket, the care and treatment that I received while at the clinic, and the clear and concise information I was given about what was needed, how long it would take, and how much it would cost. Dirk made some seemingly far-fetched claims when we first began, but made good on every single one of them!

But let me make one caveat: this clinic is NOT a surgical hospital. If you have special needs (i.e. are diabetic, hemophiliac, etc., etc.,) then make that perfectly clear before any treatments. If they feel that their treatment 'might' create problems, they will tell you up front. They are NOT going to experiment where your health is concerned. These folk know their business, and their business is foot care. I don't want to violate and forum rules by posting the phone number here. If a MOD says it's OK to do so, I will. If not, and if you want their phone number, send me a PM and I'll be happy to share it with you.

Thank you for your very clear and concise response. I could not ask for more.

Since I first posted I managed to contact the clinic, explained my problem and had a return email from someone called Rudolf. He quoted me 6000 baht to make an inner sole that would help me.

It wasn't martial arts that cause my problems though some might say that is not true. I played rugby until I was 49.

The link is not valid. Does anyone have a link to the clinic? I am most interested.

Try

WWW.tanawatclinic.com

I am sorry I haven't the link immediately at hand but if you Google Walker Foot Clinic in Chiang Mai everything should be revealed.

I think you will find that 'Walker Foot Clinic' is actually the company name of the people who make the orthotic insole diagnostic machine, . This machine is used by several different foot treatment centers in Thailand, who then send the results to the Walker Foot Clinic and they produce the insole itself. The 'Podology Center of Chiang Mai' uses the Walker Foot Clinic machine.

Try

WWW.tanawatclinic.com

I had to Google it. If that doesn't work let me know it is an easy place to find. In between the Moat and the Airport mall. Just North on the left hand side about 150 meters of Wualai road. That is the Saturday night walking street. It has the green cross in front

of it. Look sharp I passed it twice. Evening hours.

i would be very cautious of this Walker place. no mention of the physician's name is made (or technician), nor is the license number issued to every physician in Thailand mentioned either. Thai doctors would not at all hesitate to include this information. use extreme caution.

i would be very cautious of this Walker place. no mention of the physician's name is made (or technician), nor is the license number issued to every physician in Thailand mentioned either. Thai doctors would not at all hesitate to include this information. use extreme caution.

1. Which Walker place?

2. What gives you the idea that they are medical doctors in the first place, rather than Kinisiologists? They certainly make no claim to be physicians. Nothing on the Walker Clinic site even suggests medical treatment. For them, it's all about orthotics. Why are you even mentioning physicians? If you want physicians, go the Ram hospital and see the Orthopedic department. But Ram doesn't offer orthotics.... They offer surgery.

3. The Podology Center of Chiang Mai doesn't offer medical treatments either. There are no physicians associated with the clinic, only licensed Podologists. (Their Thai licenses are on the wall in the clinic if you wish to see them, are are their German diplomas and licenses.) They offer top quality foot care, as well as the orthotics made by the Walker firm. In fact, having been a client of the Podology Center of Chiang Mai for the past two years, it is in this thread that I first heard the name 'Walker Foot care,' and learned that the machine used by the Podology Center to create orthotics was made by Walker. And it was a full year of foot care by the Podology Center before they even brought out the machine to make the orthotics. Orthotics are just a very small 'service' offered by a well-run foot care clinic, and Walker is the brand they sell.

1. Which Walker place?

2. What gives you the idea that they are medical doctors in the first place, rather than Kinisiologists? They certainly make no claim to be physicians. Nothing on the Walker Clinic site even suggests medical treatment. For them, it's all about orthotics. Why are you even mentioning physicians? If you want physicians, go the Ram hospital and see the Orthopedic department. But Ram doesn't offer orthotics.... They offer surgery.

3. The Podology Center of Chiang Mai doesn't offer medical treatments either. There are no physicians associated with the clinic, only licensed Podologists. (Their Thai licenses are on the wall in the clinic if you wish to see them, are are their German diplomas and licenses.) They offer top quality foot care, as well as the orthotics made by the Walker firm. In fact, having been a client of the Podology Center of Chiang Mai for the past two years, it is in this thread that I first heard the name 'Walker Foot care,' and learned that the machine used by the Podology Center to create orthotics was made by Walker. And it was a full year of foot care by the Podology Center before they even brought out the machine to make the orthotics. Orthotics are just a very small 'service' offered by a well-run foot care clinic, and Walker is the brand they sell.

You have alleviated my concern about a place unknown to me and I will visit them shortly. The assistance I need requires no invasive procedure and the Walker side of the business seems to match my needs.

I will report back.

www.footcontrol.co.th/

Do excellent work -onsite.

That's quite an impressive web site. But I'd worry a bit because the technicians aren't wearing disposable examination gloves while touching the feet of their clients. Don't they worry about spreading infections disease or foot fungus?

Edited by FolkGuitar

www.footcontrol.co.th/

That's quite an impressive web site. But I'd worry a bit because the technicians aren't wearing disposable examination gloves while touching the feet of their clients. Don't they worry about spreading infections disease or foot fungus?

My goodness!!! On my next visit I will insist that they follow the very correct proceedures... 555+

I can point you to a physician in the Ram who has every thing that is important to you. He wanted to operate on me immediately. The two surgeons who had done the original operation in Canada both with every thing that is important to you had told me as long as I could take the pain do not go with the other surgery. Here in Thailand Doctor Sudhee explained to me why not to go with the other surgery unless three things existed none of which did. He also has all the papers that are important to you.

I saw an eye doctor at Sriphat who had all the papers you think are important. I was told my eyes were OK even though I had to wear glasses to read and have cataracts they said my eyes were good. Maybe I am wrong but to me my health is far more important than a piece of paper on the wall. If they can do the job I am all in paper or no paper makes no difference to me.

I have sent an e mail to the clinic explained the problem I am having and am waiting for a reply as I type.

Edit

these are real life experiences they happened to me. Nothing theoretical involved.

Edited by northernjohn

www.footcontrol.co.th/

I think you are reaching here FolkGuitar.

I noticed it was in Bangkok also. Not sure why it is posted here.

www.footcontrol.co.th/

Yes, the Footcontrol clinic is in Bangkok. I posted the information forfolks to know that alternative places exist outsied of the Chiang Mai area and do not rely on the Walker connection for their work.

Apologize if my offing of alternative locations does not fit into you high standards of postings. 555+

www.footcontrol.co.th/

No reach at all. At the clinics run by Dirk Weeber, both in Chiang Mai and Bangkok, the Podologists wear disposable gloves, in fact, often double-gloving when needed, to insure there is no cross-contamination. All the instruments and equipment used are carefully sterilized and individually wrapped. No forceps, nail clipper or files used on one client is ever used again on another without first being washed then autoclaved for sterility, just as would be done in a hospital setting. A client's footwear is placed inside a UV-chamber during treatment to insure there are no harmful bacteria on them. No corners are cut where client's health is concerned.

One of the reasons I stopped going to the local places that give manicures/pedicures and foot massages was that their instruments were just casually thrown into a basket, and not even washed between customers. In a country where foot fungus runs rampant, I'd at least expect them to wash their hands between customers. Thanks, but I'll stick with the folks who try for good hygiene.

Yes, the Footcontrol clinic is in Bangkok. I posted the information forfolks to know that alternative places exist outsied of the Chiang Mai area and do not rely on the Walker connection for their work.

Apologize if my offing of alternative locations does not fit into you high standards of postings. 555+

No problem. You could have mentioned the one in London or Paris perhaps New York. Do you think we are a bunch of idiots like where ever you come from and don't realize we can go to other cities' for service?

No problem. You could have mentioned the one in London or Paris perhaps New York. Do you think we are a bunch of idiots like where ever you come from and don't realize we can go to other cities' for service?

My, my... touchy today are you?

They have a shop in London too? Awesome!

Great name for a foot clinic, btw. Walker. (O'Neal wouldn't have been nearly as effective.)

Sorry to hear Dirk is not well, he is a real CM character.... there was a quite "spirited' thread a while back where things got quite hot around him using the term "Dr.' and his credentials. I think that has been resolved but you may want to to look up the old thread for the entertainment value.

Sorry to hear Dirk is not well, he is a real CM character.... there was a quite "spirited' thread a while back where things got quite hot around him using the term "Dr.' and his credentials. I think that has been resolved but you may want to to look up the old thread for the entertainment value.

I was part of that thread... We had a long talk about his use of his doctoral title at the time. It basically broke down to a cultural misunderstanding. He wasn't aware how American and Brits feel about honorary degrees being used. He received his for making a large donation to a charity organization, something that he continued doing here in Thailand as well. Over the years he donated thousands upon thousands of dollars to various Thai charities. This often brought him into contact with the Royal Family, and his clinics are decorated with photos of him being received by Royalty. He ran charity affairs twice a year, usually hosted at better hotels

I'm not often impressed with people who talk a lot, but this man impressed me. His talk was always backed up by his actions, and always in a positive manner, usually helping others.

I was part of that thread... We had a long talk about his use of his doctoral title at the time. It basically broke down to a cultural misunderstanding. He wasn't aware how American and Brits feel about honorary degrees being used. He received his for making a large donation to a charity organization, something that he continued doing here in Thailand as well. Over the years he donated thousands upon thousands of dollars to various Thai charities. This often brought him into contact with the Royal Family, and his clinics are decorated with photos of him being received by Royalty. He ran charity affairs twice a year, usually hosted at better hotels

I'm not often impressed with people who talk a lot, but this man impressed me. His talk was always backed up by his actions, and always in a positive manner, usually helping others.

Honorific titles are a curious thing. In Australia, technically, most doctors aren't doctors. Their degrees are bachelor of science, bachelor of medicine. But from whenever, they have been known as doctor. But the senior blokes, surgeons, once they had passed the Royal College (UK) or Royal Australian College of Surgeons exams were known as Mr, a title they jealously guarded.

Then the rot set in. Dentists, or vets. I forget which came first, started calling themselves doctor. And down the line it went chiros, osteos, bone jerkers, podiatrists (I think) all use the title until know it means virtually nothing.

So feel free to call yourself doctor. From now on I am going to be known as Dr Saan. I am not sure what my specialty will be but I will work on it and open up a practice so I can help all those who need my unique service.

No reach at all. At the clinics run by Dirk Weeber, both in Chiang Mai and Bangkok, the Podologists wear disposable gloves, in fact, often double-gloving when needed, to insure there is no cross-contamination. All the instruments and equipment used are carefully sterilized and individually wrapped. No forceps, nail clipper or files used on one client is ever used again on another without first being washed then autoclaved for sterility, just as would be done in a hospital setting. A client's footwear is placed inside a UV-chamber during treatment to insure there are no harmful bacteria on them. No corners are cut where client's health is concerned.

One of the reasons I stopped going to the local places that give manicures/pedicures and foot massages was that their instruments were just casually thrown into a basket, and not even washed between customers. In a country where foot fungus runs rampant, I'd at least expect them to wash their hands between customers. Thanks, but I'll stick with the folks who try for good hygiene.

Folkguitar -- my feet are in pretty good shape and I like a nice pedicure and pretty polish every couple weeks. But, I agree it was a little disconcerting to visit local shops where a simple alcohol wipe of the tools between customers was considered good hygiene. One "high end" shop would put the tools out in full sun on good days. But, so far no problems for me -- knock on wood.

Thus, I was pleasantly surprised when the new nail salon opened on the first floor of Nakorn Ping condo with both the latest shades of OPI nail color AND an autoclave for the tools. Plus, the staff sprays alcohol around on your nails liberally between every step. I'm not certain that does much of anything, but at least they're keeping hygiene in mind.

So, come on by and get a nice pretty color painted on those new toenails that Dr. Dirk has renovated.

Edited by NancyL

Folkguitar -- my feet are in pretty good shape and I like a nice pedicure and pretty polish every couple weeks. But, I agree it was a little disconcerting to visit local shops where a simple alcohol wipe of the tools between customers was considered good hygiene. One "high end" shop would put the tools out in full sun on good days. But, so far no problems for me -- knock on wood.

Thus, I was pleasantly surprised when the new nail salon opened on the first floor of Nakorn Ping condo with both the latest shades of OPI nail color AND an autoclave for the tools. Plus, the staff sprays alcohol around on your nails liberally between every step. I'm not certain that does much of anything, but at least they're keeping hygiene in mind.

So, come on by and get a nice pretty color painted on those new toenails that Dr. Dirk has renovated.

I can't wait to try your pedicure shop. I am just confused about which of the latest shades of OPI nail color will suit my gnarled toes.

Um.... I think now that my toes look more like a human's than a gorilla's, I'm gonna stick with the au natural look, though I might just try some flashing neon lights when I go out for the evening.

Edited by FolkGuitar

I can't wait to try your pedicure shop. I am just confused about which of the latest shades of OPI nail color will suit my gnarled toes.

Well, the OPI Summer Brights Collection for 2015 has some interesting possibilities. I'd really like to know how that shop gets the latest nail lacquers. You can't ship nail polish by air -- it's considered flammable and "dangerous cargo". Up until they opened, I had to content myself with reading the Beauty Blogs and asking friends to bring over a bottle or two in their carry-on luggage when they came to Chiang Mai.

post-68373-0-93069200-1435569893_thumb.j

See what I mean guys? Aren't the names a hoot?