What Makes the Expat Lifestyle So Addictive?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. For many, I think the novelty of lots of sex is addictive. Then there is a sub category of guys who are really old and can't get it back in the west so they come here and become totally addicted to the novelty of young, attractive woman that seem to be interested in them and make them feel like they are 21 again.
  2. For others, it may be having little to do but drink, but that's not just an expat thing.

Those above points probably go hand in hand for many expats.

The initial attraction to a new country, I think, cannot be called an addiction. It's the honeymoon period, which is bound to end sooner or later.

There is nothing addictive about being an expat. Sex addiction and alcohol addiction are different things and are not intrinsically related to being an expat.

There may be a very very tiny minority of people who continually to travel to different countries to always maintain that honeymoon period and then leave as soon as that feeling leaves to go to a new place to seek it out again. Maybe...maybe...you could loosely say that they are addicted to being an expat, but I don't even that that would be correct. Why not tourist addict? or adventure addict?

I dunno, anyway..off to the brothel, I go.