Russian Man Found Mortally Beaten in Pattaya Hotel

Lite Beer

Russian Man Found Mortally Beaten in Pattaya Hotel

By Khaosod Eng.

CHONBURI — A Russian man died on his way to a hospital in Pattaya last night after a hotel worker found him severely beaten outside of his hotel room.

According to police, staff at Lido Grand Hotel in south Pattaya found the 39-year-old man unconscious and severely brusied in front of his room on the second floor.

He passed away on his way to to the hospital, where medical workers said he died from internal bleeding after being physically assaulted.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1435396031&section=12&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-06-27

No complaints regarding noise that must have been evident in such a vicious beating, no video footage of pedestrian traffic in the hotel corridor or in the general public area of the hotel its self?

Seems as if there are a number of facts that need to be established as to why this man died such a tragic and early death, robbery, dealing with the wrong people silenced for a reason?

Pattaya and the Russians do not have the most lily white reputation hence there are certainly grounds for speculation as to who, why, what for and when.

At what point will tourists and tour companies take note of what is happening in Pattaya with the increasing level of violence ?

Without question there does seem to be an increase in reported violent incidents in and around Pattaya.

However, IMO, incidents like this are seldom random, there is usually an action to cause the reaction. But without facts, it would be all speculation. According to the link in the OP, he had been there for 28 days, 2 days short of his 30 day booking.

No complaints regarding noise that must have been evident in such a vicious beating, no video footage of pedestrian traffic in the hotel corridor or in the general public area of the hotel its self?

Seems as if there are a number of facts that need to be established as to why this man died such a tragic and early death, robbery, dealing with the wrong people silenced for a reason?

Pattaya and the Russians do not have the most lily white reputation hence there are certainly grounds for speculation as to who, why, what for and when.

Perhaps it happened elsewhere and he was able to get back to his room before he collapsed.

Drugs? Gambling? Pissed off Russian

Mafia ? Thai gf married?

Ukranians ?

I won't be surprised.

Actually there are more Ukrainians than Russians living in Pattaya. You never know if he or she is a Ukrainian because most of them speak Russian anyway.

Another foreigner murdered - Welcome to Thailand bah.gif

On the other hand we've managed to spend eleven very pleasant and trouble free years in Thailand, free of attacks or assaults by locals or others, the forecast is that the same will continue here on out. As a matter of fact I might add that we have never heard of anything even remotely similar in our moo bahn or nearby.

N.B. It should be noted that we do not live in Pattaya.

smotherb post # 11

Perhaps it happened elsewhere and he was able to get back to his room before he collapsed.

And of course the reception staff, other hotel staff and let us not forget other hotel guests never noticed the poor man was in something of a unusual state?

And of course the victim crept off to his room to be found as opposed to seeking help from the front of hotel staff as he did't want to make a fuss or inconvenience anyone?

Reality bites hard when one is in distress, the survival instinct rises to the top.

smotherb post # 11

And of course the reception staff, other hotel staff and let us not forget other hotel guests never noticed the poor man was in something of a unusual state?

And of course the victim crept off to his room to be found as opposed to seeking help from the front of hotel staff as he did't want to make a fuss or inconvenience anyone?

Reality bites hard when one is in distress, the survival instinct rises to the top.

I can't tell you the number of times I have gone back to my hotel and the staff were either not in attendance or otherwise occupied. Additionally, people often mistake major injuries as something they can simply sleep off, especially if they are under the influence.

What's the difference between mortally beaten and murdered, why not just putput Russian man murdered in pattaya hotel.

Perhaps only the fact that he was alive when discovered, which may mean that the perpetrators did not intend to kill him (i.e., they did not ensure he was dead before leaving the scene). In some countries, that would (I believe) make the difference between 2nd degree murder and manslaughter.

smotherb post # 11

I really am sorry and no detriment to the deceased, but do you know where or what this Hotel is? Its one of Pattayas biggest short time places owned by Pattayas very own Tony. No one will have seen or heard anything.

Mystery Surrounds death of Russian in South Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A 39 year old Russian died from injuries sustained in an apparent assault which occurred on Friday, although the details of the attack remain a mystery for now.

Police and rescue workers were called to the Lido Grand Hotel in South Pattaya late on Friday Night after staff discovered Mr. Pavel Filonov lying on the floor outside of his room. Initially staff thought he had fallen asleep but a closer inspection revealed he was seriously ill and needed immediate medical treatment.

Mr. Filonov was taken to Hospital but was declared dead soon after his arrival. An initial examination, prior to a formal post-mortem examination, determined he had died from a ruptured spleen causing blood to enter his abdominal cavity.

Mr. Filonov was due to check out from his room 2 days after the incident took place and had occupied the room for the last month.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/201677/mystery-surrounds-death-of-russian-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-29

RabC post # 21..

I really am sorry and no detriment to the deceased, but do you know where or what this Hotel is? Its one of Pattayas biggest short time places owned by Pattayas very own Tony. No one will have seen or heard anything.

There perhaps is the answer to this matter ,truth will out in one way or another, mind you in this case the truth may well be a new age romantic notion if it does actually poke its head out from under the layers of ''friendship'' that surround the establishment concerned.

....stereotyping....

...he is a foreigner...passed out drunk......

..they could have saved his life....

...why bother.....I guess his bill was all paid up.......

...pathetic.....

...RIP buddy........hope they find your killers....if they want to....

smotherb post # 11

And what if he lived in a rental condo or house? Will you be berating the Thai neighbors for minding their own business too?

First fact to check is whether he came from Vladivostok. If so, that will speak volumes.

If he was indeed beaten then one exciting possibility is that he was in conflict with some criminals back in Russia and escaped to Thailand hoping they would not get him here. Alas, Russian mafia has global reach and its justice quickly caught up with him here.

Nan Laew post # 26.

And what if he lived in a rental condo or house? Will you be berating the Thai neighbors for minding their own business too?

Well we live in a Moo Bahn and our neighbors like us do keep an eye on each others property and the comings and goings of folk if the house that was called upon had no one at home, called community spirit you know.

Hotel staff are the people you pay when you are a guest to ensure your comfort and safety and that no one departs with your belongings or you depart without settling the bill said staff also ensure that their hotel is safe.

That is known as customer care if you didn't already know that.

Similar to the attack on me at my residence View Talay 1A 10 days ago. Outside the room, unconscious, head cut, kicks in side, room

emptied of all cash and other valuables.Didn't die but required surgery and about 100,000 in medical bills.

Hi Fred

Sorry to hear about what happened to you.

Wonder if you have made someone loose face, so this was a targeted attack...

I'm a little puzzled thought. View Talay Condominiums is closed and Guarded communities and they have CCTV surveillance.

So i smell a inside job, someone paid of security, so CCTV all of the Sudden not working for an hour or so... or??

View Talay is known for having the lowest paid security and hence that only get guards that have been fired from other places, or cant get a job with others.....

Having stayed in all of them (1 to 8) and owned condos in nearly all, i know them well....

After a few years i got tired of the BS from the View Talay office management..... If you complained about anything or security not doing their job.... they would only say, "if you not like, go back home!"

View Talay 2A is the only sound option as they have managed to get away from the View Talay mafia and have now management control "in house" best place ever to stay....

What did they (View Talay office) say to you about this?

I wish you good recovery, and recommend you to move, since if security let this happen to you once.... it could happen again....