corner 2nd rd and pattaya tai

phycokiller

pattaya tai just up from 2nd rd. a russian guy throws a thai girl i know in a puddle, then he does it again. I look around and theres the Thai policeman watching. I ask him to help and he turns away. so i go down to the corner where the arab tourist policeman is sittling on his bike which is always parked in the middle of the footpath and ask him to help but he says he cant leave his kabab shop. so i go back and the russian guy is about to hit her again so I intervene. suddenly the thai policeman and some old thai lady (I guess they are husband and wife who own a shop there) and a few other Thais are onto me and wanting to arrest me. they just watched a russian guy hit a random thai lady at least 3 times and they want to arrest me for breaking up the fight. welcome to thainess

Edited by phycokiller

It makes no difference what she does for a living Jim. This whole scenario: The so called policeman doing nothing the locals going after the OP here, just took my evaluation of Thais down another notch. ^ Well I know nothing of the OP's post history but Im assuming ithe OP is factual. Since this OP is out in the early hours it is more likely to see things like this

;

Edited by morrobay

You know the girl, can you explain what she does for a living, maybe the others involved know her better than you.

Whatever anyone does for a living is not an excuse to repeatedly push them into a puddle.

If they have committed a crime, report them. If not, ignore them.

Similar happened to me twice. Years back I stopped at a terrible accident on Pattaya Klang in the middle of the night and did first aid on the bike driver, who was bleeding to death. I actually had to stop helping and leave as the Thai crowd got bigger and bigger and very aggressive towards me helping the victim. Never ever stopped again at an accident scene.

Second case, this one ended well: Thai girl gets badly beaten up by some Thai guy in front of a massage place between Soi 8 & 7. Many onlookers. I automatically step up and get the guy in a neck-hold. Struggling.....Next thing I know, a dark van, that drove by slowly stops, doors open and a bunch of black dressed uniformed guys jump out, push me away and grab the guy and throw him very roughly in the van. Still no clue what happened...

Even so I am of age now, with my life's background I have the tendency to interfere and step up instinctively, when violence can be stopped. But this certainly can backfire big times in a country like Thailand and I try to react only after fully assessing the situation these days. What really sets me off so, is violence against kids & animals and then I usually see dark red. MS>

Edited by moonseeker

A few times I see injustice and I want to intervene and my Thai buddies say to me, "Stay away, none of your business."- even once when I saw a Thai gal being slapped by some ugly farang. I hope Superman, Batman, and all the heroes for justice detour this country.

its just sad really

There's a thai saying, "Som Nom Na".. you get what you deserve.

Let it go, unless the girl is your wife/ gf or family, never ever help.

I've seen on Pattaya Soi 6 a thai woman have an argument with a farang denying she robbed him in the short time hotel room. This was arguing orally, not physically, the guy had his pockets in his hands and wanted to call the police. I saw another farang try and step in and he got a concrete block on his head courtesy of the thai bystanders when he tried to stop the fight. The original guy just walked away missing a few baht, the 2nd one I have no idea.

This stuff is not in the news much because it hurts tourism but it's EYEWITNESS NEWS.

Never look to get into a fight.. even as a referee. Avoid avoid avoid like you would ebola. And if you have a thai person who is with you on your date and immediately pulls you away from the fight and drags you away.. you've found a diamond in Thailand.