ACS/Allianz any good?

dagling

Yes - ACS, their cover is good, their card is not accepted at any hospital I have found so you have have to pay out of your pocket and then claim back, their claims support are very slow as well and work out of Hong Kong.

Get a quote from Mister Prakan on what they offer and Pacific Cross from AA Insurance as I have just done for similar cover and see the difference in their service and support, I was very surprised how good Mister Prakans answer was.

• Like 1

I had an ACS Asia without OPD policy for a few years and the one time I made a claim it was not covered the claim was for bilateral pulmonary embolism which in most of the world is a medical emergency but unfortunately not through ACS so you have to pay everything yourself as if it is an OPD appointment, their customer service through both HK and France leave a lot to be desired and is very slow and the 'assistance' I got from the insurance agent was poor. Due to this leaving a sour taste in the mouth I am now self insuring but I may give Mr Prakan a bell at some stage but from a personal point of view I would not recommend ACS

• Like 1

It is a budget cover. ie great coverage at a very cheap price.

The reason is because .............. they only accept super healthy people.

Try to apply first and see.

If you smoke or have any past illnesses, you would be declined

If you do not fall in their category of being fit(weight to height ratio) you would be declined.

They might accept you but with a number of exclusions, such as pretty much everything.

This was my experience with them.

Did not end up taking up their offer of acceptance which excluded pretty much everything.

• Like 1

How about BUPA? One of the best for us living in Thailand?

Probably talked about as the most problematic from all my friends who have it

Plenty of others offering better service, the brokers know which are the best to suit your needs

I am looking at 2, Thai Health for low end cover then LMG with a deductible for high end cover, but thats my situation

• Like 2

Good, expansive and also somewhat picky.

I found April International to be the easiest, priced about the same as Bupa

Bupa Thailand is a lot cheaper, bupa international is comparable with April.
  • Like 1

True, but BUPA Thailand also has less coverage.

True, but BUPA Thailand also has less coverage.

Yes, but that means your post #7 is not applicable to Bupa Thailand, so is misleading at best.

Yes, but that means your post #7 is not applicable to Bupa Thailand, so is misleading at best.

What do you mean its not applicable.

BUPA Thailand is slightly cheaper, most certainly not half the price and BUPA Thailand coverage is no where near the amount(per year) as others.

BUPA Thailand has same requirements as BUPA International,

I had a shoulder surgery 8 years ago, provided hospital report and all cleared by the doc in all aspects.

All over sudden premium got loaded by extra 50 % with anything shoulder related being excluded.

April got the very same report, but did not add anything extra nor made any exclusions.

So which part did you find to be misleading?

• Like 1

BUPA Thailand is slightly cheaper, most certainly not half the price and BUPA Thailand coverage is no where near the amount(per year) as others.

I had a shoulder surgery 8 years ago, provided hospital report and all cleared by the doc in all aspects.

All over sudden premium got loaded by extra 50 % with anything shoulder related being excluded.

April got the very same report, but did not add anything extra nor made any exclusions.

The whole post is misleading, from where you say bupa is expensive, not true for bupa Thailand, to where you say bupa is priced the same as April, not true for bupa Thailand.
  • Haha 1

The whole post is misleading, from where you say bupa is expensive, not true for bupa Thailand, to where you say bupa is priced the same as April, not true for bupa Thailand.

For the same coverage it is expansive and priced the same as April.

Why have a pissing contest comparing apples and oranges.?

• Like 1

For the same coverage it is expansive and priced the same as April.

Why have a pissing contest comparing apples and oranges.?

Exactly, so don't pretend to compare apples with apples when you're comparing apples with oranges.

Claiming April is priced the same as Bupa is simply not true but misleading

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never had to claim yet but I moved from Bupa to Allianz, Allianz application avoids asking some dodgy questions like "have you ever been in hosiptal" as P### taking BKH had admitted my son several times for colds and flu's... Which would have resulted in exclusions for my son (most other firms did), instead I of course truthfully completed the application mentioning his ailments... Myself being a smoker and high BMI found other firms excluding weight related issues, whereas Allianz just said "we charge you extra for being fat"... Never had to claim yet though, so no experience of thier claims process.

• Like 1

I realise it's your standard behaviour just to argue for the sake of it, but do try to sink it in, to have same coverage by either Bupa or April price is on par .

Bupa Thailand does not offer same coverage and pay outs as Bupa international.

bupa Thailand is 2-5 million from memory , Bupa international is 30+ million

April is 40-50 million.

Why do not you suggest AIA with 250 000 per year, premiums would be even cheaper .

PS. ACS offers 30 million cover, do tell price of Bupa Thailand with 30 million cover ?

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

I realise it's your standard behaviour just to argue for the sake of it, but do try to sink it in, to have same coverage by either Bupa or April price is on par .

Bupa Thailand does not offer same coverage and pay outs as Bupa international.

bupa Thailand is 2-5 million from memory , Bupa international is 30+ million

April is 40-50 million.

Why do not you suggest AIA with 250 000 per year, premiums would be even cheaper .

PS. ACS offers 30 million cover, do tell price of Bupa Thailand with 30 million cover ?

And that has nothing to do with your post #7, in which you claimed April and Bupa are similarly priced. Simply not true.

And that is it for me about this, unlike you I don't have the need to defend something, just pointing out you were misleading people with your post.

• Haha 1

Hi dagling,

Allianz is a very well-known company but their premium is very high compared to what others are offering. You can try getting a free quote from us : http://goo.gl/jqvE4x

Important for me that the company is recognized and that when I submit proof of insurance, that they initiate treatment immediately and NOT to pay in advance and ask for a refund, and not lie for hours and wait for a confirmation the basis of insurance that I am insured I prior to treatment.

Can you guarantee this?

• Like 1

Hi dagling,

Allianz is a very well-known company but their premium is very high compared to what others are offering. You can try getting a free quote from us : http://goo.gl/jqvE4x

Important for me that the company is recognized and that when I submit proof of insurance, that they initiate treatment immediately and NOT to pay in advance and ask for a refund, and not lie for hours and wait for a confirmation the basis of insurance that I am insured I prior to treatment.

Can you guarantee this?

Yes we can as long as you go to the ones in our network-hospitals nationwide (attached). You will be in fully covered as long as your treatment does not belong in the pre-existing condition or exclusions.

Hospital network List.pdf

• Like 2

Hi dagling,

Big difference between ACS Asia and Allianz however. I have only just noticed that ACS Insurance is underwritten by Allianz but otherwise two separate companies.

The cover you are promoting via that link is Liberty (part of LMG?) and seems a little cheaper than ACS but I am finding it very difficult to compare like for like. ACS appears to have 2 different Asia plans one of which you can maintain for life (with an annual max of $500k cover)and the other which stops at 65 or 75. All have to be taken out before you are 60.

Does the Liberty cover allow you to maintain for life?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...